sharetrader
Page 22 of 872 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold

Banned

"A false bull market in gold."

As of the end of 2009, Paulson & Co. was the largest institutional holder of the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD)--the world's largest physically backed gold exchange-traded fund--with 31.5 million shares valued at $3.38 billion.

Revelations of the hedge fund's involvement in the dispute between Goldman Sachs and the SEC raise questions about a factor that's helped drive gold to record-high prices above $1,200 an ounce--Paulson's high-profile bets.

"The bull market might be a false bull market in gold," said Keith Springer, president of Capital Financial Advisory Services in Sacramento, Calif.

Fraud? manipulation? In the gold market? I don't believe it, I'm scandalized, it's outrageous I say!

Any guesses what the POG will be 7 days hence?

My guess $850
    Last edited by Skol; 18-04-2010 at 11:58 AM.

[QUOTE=Skol;301275]Won't be long before you'll be using that 50kgs of silver of yours as an anchor JB.
    On Monday NAV = Nil Asset Value and NAVO = Net Asset Value Zero. LOL

Note the bit that says "out of riskier assets like gold and into safer assets like the USD".

-You don't really have a clue or any understanding of real assets do ya SKOL--silver doesn't grow in the ground, it isn't man made, it's not even easy to find
    It's rare and that's why like GOLD,PLAT it's classed as a precious metal...
    Yet you can buy it for $30-$34oz

Has the bell rung? For the USD not yet back it will soon

Yeah yeah don't get your hopes up SKOL --NAV sell their gold in AUD--If you precious USD increase in value the AUD gold price will rise

As for 850 gold LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JBmurc; 18-04-2010 at 02:53 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I don't think the USD will be "safer"

From all the info I've been reading lately, in a depression the safest currencies/banks are in Switzerland, Singapore, NZ and Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by ENP View Post
    I don't think the USD will be "safer"

From all the info I've been reading lately, in a depression the safest currencies/banks are in Switzerland, Singapore, NZ and Australia.
    I agree with all but us--- Swiss the best highest gold to outstanding currency ratio
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

It doesn't matter what small punters do, it's what the institutions do and my gut feeling is they will unload anything to do with gold.
    Doesn't matter if you lose your own money but it matters a lot if it's someone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    It doesn't matter what small punters do, it's what the institutions do and my gut feeling is they will unload anything to do with gold.
    Doesn't matter if you lose your own money but it matters a lot if it's someone elses.
    That will be your chance to pick up a quality gold stock on the cheap Skol...make sure you don't miss it!

An Overdue Technical Correction
    Typically, when market confidence is shaken by events such as the SEC Goldman suit, it should spell bullish for gold -- an independent store of value. However, even before the Goldman news, gold, which rallied to a four-month high of $1,170.70 on April 12, was poised for a technical correction. So, the Goldman news most likely just triggered an exit opportunity for short-term traders to lock in profits from recent gains.

http://www.benzinga.com/229057/gold-...-goldman-sachs
    Last edited by Huang Chung; 18-04-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Banned

I will not be averaging down on this one HC.

If history's anything to go by gold will descend to its CPI adjusted level.
    Last edited by Skol; 19-04-2010 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I will not be averaging down on this one HC.

If history's anything to go by gold will descend to its CPI adjusted level.
    Wow isn't gold just crashing It's only a matter of time to the mass of world investor pick-up on the single best safest investment GOLD for the rich SILVER for the common man
    while it's still easy available in any size--As David Morgan recently said in a interview anyone of the many large institutions that what to take a real physical position in SILVER of even 20% of their funds available would drive the price so far north as they would be buying 70%-80% of available Above ground stockpiles which took many years of hard high cost to sales mining to produce..
    Anyone that thinks holding paper USD long term hasn't a clue
    Last edited by JBmurc; 19-04-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Banned

Early days yet JB but you can't have missed the fact that the USD has strengthened half a cent today.