sharetrader
Page 28 of 869 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128528 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post
    Ok there Mr.Airplane man, now off you go and continue your playground battles with Tricha :P
    Time to unload those losing NAV's and buy VBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Only you skol... only you could talk about not holding any airline stocks then a couple days later start bragging about how one airline stock is rising... VBA back to where it began the year, and significantly less than where it was just one month ago... Who cares mate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    Only you skol... only you could talk about not holding any airline stocks then a couple days later start bragging about how one airline stock is rising... VBA back to where it began the year, and significantly less than where it was just one month ago... Who cares mate
    I bought VBA a couple of days ago. Have cash because the market's too high. AIR's a good one too by the way. LOL

If you have a look at tricha's blow up in your face airline thread you will see quite clearly that I sold VBA and intended to buy them back when the price dropped.
    But this is the gold thread, right?
    Last edited by Skol; 28-04-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    No Skol, but tell you what, Ive already a small position in NAV though VBA sure did have a nice bounce off support and does seem set to run so I think I may just take you up on that one Skol, lets see how global markets pan out though and what tormorrow brings.

Actually, on my 5 minute Intraday its showing convergence of the MA's and should they present favourably tomorrow then I could very well be a holder. (ps: for maybe an hour? lol)

Till then~!
    Last edited by drillfix; 28-04-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
    Because in an SHTF scenario, your ETF's may be worthless.

But if you've got the metal in your hand, youve got power.
    Dunno about that Lego. I reckon all you have is talking piece for the mantle or the makings of some very pretty fishing sinkers.

One can hardly carry it around any more than one can shave off a slither to buy some milk and fags.

One would be far better off with a back yard full of Veg, a safe full of guns and a water tank full of gasoline if the **** really did hit the fan.
    Last edited by STRAT; 28-04-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Dunno about that Lego. I reckon all you have is talking piece for the mantle or the makings of some very pretty fishing sinkers.

One can hardly carry it around any more than one can shave off a slither to buy some milk and fags.

One would be far better off with a back yard full of Veg, a safe full of guns and a water tank full of gasoline if the **** really did hit the fan.
    Its all about being diverse for some reason some people think cause you can't eat it ,burn it etc it will become worthless wake-up an stop repeating the same anti-PGM rubbish !!!
    do some history study has their been any time in the history of modern man than gold has been worthless ,Dark ages,fall of rome,wars
    It hasn't been accepted for a medium of exchange an a great store of wealth for thousands of years if it didn't have value
    I'll be more than happy if someone out their will give me silver or gold bullion for my vegies LOL I'm planning on making a very large produce garden for next summer -----If the world did fall into some kind of doomsday anti paper exchange any item will be barted ,food,land,services etc
    Gold silver etc would take head place in many exchanges for the many reasons stated
    Last edited by JBmurc; 28-04-2010 at 07:30 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Faber comments:

"Gold is holding steady as we write, around $1,137. If someone is rich, they should buy a ton every month, Faber says." Paper money (will go) down relative to precious metals. So in that environment, I think you... should all accumulate some gold."
    Fabers outlook for the paper money known as the dollar goes like this: As far as the eye can see, interest rates under Bernanke will stay at zero and below." Below? He points to the new Fed vice chairwoman, "Janet Yellen, another totally ignorant economist removed from any reality, said herself six months ago, if I could implement interest rates below zero, I would do it. So now you know what the policy in the U.S. will be.

Faber also has a few things to say about the relentless swirl of rumors about how shadowy powers are suppressing the gold price. Namely, that if the rumors are true, thats just one more argument to accumulate metal.
    "If you have manipulation to keep the price down, it eventually goes ballistic. So all the people that are bitching about the manipulation of silver and gold should be happy that it is manipulated, because it still gives them an opportunity to buy it at a depressed price.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Its all about being diverse for some reason some people think cause you can't eat it ,burn it etc it will become worthless wake-up an stop repenting the same anti-PGM rubbish !!!
    do some history study has their been any time in the history of modern man than gold has been worthless ,Dark ages,fall of rome,wars
    It hasn't been accepted for a medium of exchange an a great store of wealth for thousands of years if it didn't have value
    I'll be more than happy if someone out their will give me silver or gold bullion for my vegies LOL I'm planning on making a very large produce garden for next summer -----If the world did fall into some kind of doomsday anti paper exchange any item will be barted ,food,land,services etc
    Gold silver etc would take head place in many exchanges for the many reasons stated
    Geeze JB. I promise to never repent again.
    Thats pretty condecending and agressive. Why do some here become aggravated when confronted with a 2nd opinion. Theres really no need for it nor is there any need for all the heart and ego on sleeve stuff.

It was a passing flippant comment not a personal attack.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Geeze JB. I promise to never repent again.
    Thats pretty condecending and agressive. Why do some here become aggravated when confronted with a 2nd opinion. Theres really no need for it nor is there any need for all the heart and ego on sleeve stuff.

It was a passing flippant comment not a personal attack.
    nor should you see it as a personal attack Strat the majority of people of the western world would agree with you without any facts too back their view..thats what drives me nuts I've read the same comment a hundred times its like old wifes tale that one reads an takes for fact------If the world's currency's exchanges lost all value real gold & silver would be worthless medium of exchange---
    If that was the case it would be the first time in modern man history it did.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 28-04-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Gold up $8 to a 2010 high of $1,170....