sharetrader
Page 288 of 871 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388788 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes a larger healthy correction will be coming soon ,still short term the current fiat system has major troubles

worth a watch -esp for the ones that don't understand fiat money / fractional money creation from the Banks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj2s6vzErqY

The fact is JB that parabolic charts MOSTLY, collapse, not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    The fact is JB that parabolic charts MOSTLY, collapse, not correct.
    If you watch the presentation your see gold is increasing on the back of the failing fiat currency system

the Debt & world currency creation has been parabolic for years .....after decades of slow increase ....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

You would have thought that after the colossal property crash, the GFC and other bubbles in recent years that punters would learn their lesson but apparently not.

Just goes to show that there's a never-ending line-up of suckers waiting to be emptied out. Several times a month I read in the papers about a new scam or business deal that went sour and 'investors' screaming for help.

If the worst comes to the worst with gold I don't want anyone whinging about who's fault it is because it'll be yours.

You would have thought that after the colossal property crash, the GFC and other bubbles in recent years that punters would learn their lesson but apparently not..
    Some people are pretty slow to learn their lessons, Skol

--there be no whinging here-- but for the anti-gold silver crowd that just don't understand the most basic of monetary principals I'm sure there will be...

-do yourself a favour an watch the presentation skol then plse come back with why the dollar is going be so healthy going forward
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Parabolic charts don't respect presentations, the dollar, Bernanke, debt or any of that other BS. I saw it all in 1980.

All we're doing now is having generation X redux.

"It's different this time", Hahahahaa, cracks me up.
    Last edited by Skol; 23-08-2011 at 12:25 PM.

I've been having a debate on another thread with JBMurc on gold.
    Personally I think it's going to be a fizzer and we've seen the highs for the next few years.
    I reckon the stockmarkets could do well for a while and when the gold bugs, most of whom are new at the game realise what they're missing out on will jump ship and cash in their yellow metal.

Opportunity cost, insurance and safekeeping make it a risky investment and in the event of a real crisis you probably couldn't sell it, divide it into smaller pieces or eat it.

Warren Buffet agrees with me and reckons it's a waste of time. The rationale for gold bugs bullishness is the coming implosion of the $US they say.

The USA virtually paid for World War 2, Berlin Airlift and the Cold War for another 50 years all done with debt, like the stimulus.

The early '80's saw a revival of gold for a short period with investment experts imploring punters to buy gold to avoid the coming meltdown but it ended in tears.

This is ONCE AGAIN how you started this thread skolly .DOH DOH DOH
    What is happening IS different this time.
    Its all pretty much new territory and none of us have seen this situation before.Gold will definitely overshoot and pull back at some stage
    But you have been harping about its demise since 31/12/2009.
    At some stage you will be right but that may well be at $5000 or in a days time..

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Its all pretty much new territory and none of us have seen this situation before.Gold will definitely overshoot and pull back at some stage
    But you have been harping about its demise since 31/12/2009.
    At some stage you will be right but that may well be at $5000 or in a days time..
    Gold was $1,040/oz then, $1,900/oz today that's +82% in 20 months (31/12/09 to 23/8/11).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    OK, OK, you're right I'm wrong!

http://www.sirjohntempleton.org/arti...tails.asp?a=16

Quote Originally Posted by denpal View Post
    Gold was $1,040/oz then, $1,900/oz today that's +82% in 20 months (31/12/09 to 23/8/11).
    Only if you are an American. Denpal.

Down under Gold has until very recently gone no where in the last 2 1/2 years
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png g.png (16.8 KB, 1 views)