sharetrader
Page 292 of 871 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392792 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Gold doing as I thought moving but to the mid 1700's currently 1769-90 after the oversold levels buyers back

It seems that the fiat money system is destined to end in either default or hyperinflation

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Hamlin/aug252011.html

Bankrupt banks---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsubt_gdeBA

shifting some of my funds back to long dated gold company options
    Last edited by JBmurc; 26-08-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Gold doing as I thought moving but to the mid 1700's currently 1769-90 after the oversold levels buyers back

It seems that the fiat money system is destined to end in either default or hyperinflation

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Hamlin/aug252011.html
    Yeah, Ron Paul's been warning of hyperinflation too - for the last 40 years, since Nixon dropped the gold standard. LOL
    Last edited by Skol; 26-08-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Yeah, Ron Paul's been warning of hyperinflation too - for the last 31 years. LOL
    If you watched the presentation I put up your'd see the history of reserve currency change every so many decades ,better ones last longer rubbish ones like the current Fiat one less longer 31years has been a good term
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Jon Nadler says the bubble's pricked JB.

Whaddya reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Fair enough JB, I'm too stubborn with mine. You have also manufactured a magnificent malapropism today..
    and you articulated an admirable alliteration...

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Jon Nadler says the bubble's pricked JB.

Whaddya reckon?
    reckon Mr Nadler been saying that every correction since $500oz I think his daily ramblings are comical

heres Nadler 3yrs ago -Not a good time to buy LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD-y8Wq7N4A
    Last edited by JBmurc; 26-08-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Banned

Gold- the greater fool theory at work.

This is the 'mainstream media' so goldbugs wouldn't take any notice even if there was a smidgeon of truth in it. Confirms my notion that it's far better to have a selection of stocks in a variety of currencies.

Who wants to be the tulip bulb turkey of the 21st century?

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/ba41a...#axzz1W7Ztuxxg

I've just been doing a bit of reading on the tulip bulb crash for some light entertainment.

The mania was so out of control we would regard it as completely insane but for the dutch it was quite normal behaviour for tulip bulbs to double in value in a day. As in any mania rational behaviour goes out the window; some families parted with 100,000 florins for 40 bulbs, when the average income in 1635 was 200/1000 florins p.a. The usual story, people sold their houses, farms, oxen etc to buy bulbs, the scamsters moved in and then the inevitable finally happened, impoverishing much of the populus.

Some operators released specially trained chickens, dogs and pigs into other people's properties to dig up their bulbs and make theirs more valuable. Bulbs became worth fortunes.

A sailor was imprisoned for accidentally eating a tulip bulb sitting on a merchants tabletop when he mistook it for an onion and ate it with some herring.

It's hilarious all right and ruined the Dutch economy for decades.

Some actually thought that the country should switch from the gold standard to the tulip bulb standard.
    Last edited by Skol; 27-08-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Talking Gold miners looking good

Maurice Hubbart's latest: I've found him to be very close to the action this last while.

Gold & Silver: The Smack Down Is Over

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/sf...rtt082611.html

This is an extract: He's got some great charts too, with one of the gold miners looking ready to explode up out of double inverse H&S pattern.

Gold Analysis:

Supply and demand are like truth detectors. Fresh gold supplies are mined and brought to market, but the rate it occurs at is physically limited. Compare the growth in the ability of miners to supply gold to the refiners with the ability of a central bank to print paper currency and decide which item holds the real value for you.

The public is really just barely aware of the fact that fiat currencies are on fire. There are few places for people to run to outside of the fiat currency system. Gold offers liquidity and is fairly portable. What is most important right now is that gold has burst through the upper window of the previous uptrend. It has entered what appears to be, technically, a parabolic superhighway.

The gold overshoot of the up channel has been truly spectacular. It took place around Aug 8th, and I then projected that gold would enter into what I termed, “the smack down zone”.

Gold Smack Down Chart

This chart is a magnified view of the price action I projected would occur at the entrance to the superhighway price channel. This price correction could be your last opportunity to buy before gold goes to much higher prices, and does so at a much faster rate of rise.

I continue to look at the top of the previous upper channel, which is approximately $1700, for the end of the correction target zone. This hard two-day correction feels like a clean-out type of move; a sort of vicious good-bye to gold’s price chasers. I have urged my people to add to gold positions this week, because the smack down zone is also likely your “last chance to buy zone”!
    Last edited by denpal; 27-08-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: adding charts

I love this bit: It has entered what appears to be, technically, a parabolic superhighway.

The other guy I like Stewart Thomson says things like this:

Forget about the pipedream of the public buying gold stocks to send them vertical. The public is likely going to the breadline, and they’ve just finished selling their gold to the pawnshop man, for a bag of peanuts and a roll of toilet paper. Institutional money managers are going to pump your gold stocks upside in a way that seems “beyond impossible” now. Don’t waste time now worrying about gold stocks, in hopes of avoiding some “pre-parabola hit” on them. Gold stocks are what this stage of the crisis is all about, and the only question is, are you onside?

And this:
    http://www.321gold.com/editorials/th..._s_082311.html
    Europe is burning, the dollar is burning, and governments are burning. Elmer Fudd Public Investor won’t have any stock market investments by the time the final bell rings on this, the big show. He’s going to make the people in the 1930’s breadlines look like they were in the party zone! The bottom line is that the big picture is going out of control and ushering in the gold parabola zone.

Martin Armstrong talks of hedge funds betting on the demise of European “virtual currencies”. He argues that national government bonds are being shorted by the fundsters as though they are national currencies of those nations. He worries that unless national debts are consolidated into a single Eurobond issue, dictators could arise in nations like Greece. These nations can’t devalue their currencies, and the market is devaluing their bonds like they are currencies going off the board!

I’ll add that the euro horror show playing out before your eyes now, gives you a glimpse into the supreme gulag being planned for you by the banksters, with their one world government/one world currency scheme. They know the horrors it will bring to you, and plan to use those horrors to enrich themselves, all the way to the quadrillionaire zone. Yes, maybe it is a good idea to get your hand off that gold top calling button, now.

Maybe it’s also time to give the tick chart technical analysis of the gold market a bit of a rest, and enjoy the ride! Don’t do to yourself in silver and gold stocks, what many have done to themselves in gold bullion already, with their failed top calls. While others talk about how low silver and gold stocks might go if the Dow crashes, I’m sucking up silver every 10 cents down, without a single missed buy. Have you missed any buys? Well, please miss some more, because that’s just more silver for me. Thanks!

The price hits on gold and its blood relatives, in the parabola zone, are going to be ultra-sharp, ultra-short, and ultra-unpredictable. Note that word, “unpredictable” and keep it in mind before pressing your gold top call button. Most of you have no idea how fast the gold punisher can leave you in dollar dust, in the parabola zone.

I expect gold to rise by an average of $100-$200 per day, silver by $3-$5 per day, and GDX by $5 per day, as the OTC derivatives–loaded US T-bond market implodes, in the greatest financial fireball in the history of markets.

The stratospheric price point implications of the base pattern in silver are a direct indication of the size of the interest rate OTC derivatives horror. The bond market is not a safe haven. It’s a time bomb, and the banksters are making their way towards it now, with fuses and lighters. Are you sure you want to play gold top caller here?

Are you sure that an OTC derivatives interest rate fireball that causes the total destruction of the American government bond market is really a reason to top call gold today? Maybe you can time your way through the coming implosion of the bond market. I say all the timers will look like microscopic glow worms, by the time the banksters finish with them.

This is it! We’re on the edge of the gold parabola and, horrifically, most investors seem to be trying to top call themselves out of gold, and onto the breadline, alongside Elmer Fudd Public Investor! My suggestion, instead, is to stay strong. Sell like a bird. Don’t plop into silver or gold stocks. Buy consistently like a machine, on all weakness, with risk capital you can reasonably place. Most investors have no clue how bullish for gold the implosion of the bond market is, and the time is near. I think an event in Europe lights the whole interest rate OTC derivatives garbage dump on fire, but it could be any trigger.

The Dow is almost out of control. The dollar bear market is on the verge of going out of control. The term “out of control” is the key driver of the gold parabola. Look around you, ladies and gentlemen, and you tell me while you have your finger on the gold top call button… are you doing, really, the right thing? I say that it’s the buy button you need to be focused on, and my strongest suggestion to you is that you don’t learn this key fact, the hard way!
    Last edited by denpal; 27-08-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Banned

"Last chance to buy zone" or last chance to get aboard the coming train wreck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tr...nasse_1895.jpg
    Last edited by Skol; 27-08-2011 at 10:05 AM.