sharetrader
Page 308 of 872 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408808 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 8711

Thread: Gold

think we've seen the bottom in the sell-off in PGM with the very sharp spike lower to 1540 to then bounce strong pushing it at present 1620 Gold & Silver should form a base an move higher once again , keeping to the long term bull trend ...2,000 should be crossed late this year IMHO
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by plpa View Post
    Forget gold and silver as real money, now that is where things change, gold and silver will be money once again, debt backed money/currency has failed, as a store of value it has done a terrible job. And that is a requirement of money. Im not looking ahead to a future where I sell silver for paper, but rather where I use it as money.
    To dream the impossible dream my friend....How can that possibly work??? Money is something used by people to trade for things they need....for money to be viable it has to be able to be accessed and held and be tradeable by billions of people worldwide...if its not accessable by everyone then it fails the test. there just isnt enough physical supply for silver to be "money". Of course it could work if all the gold and silver traders gathered in one spot and traded amongst themselves..maybe you could buy a small impoverished down at heels country ...oh I know like Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    To dream the impossible dream my friend....How can that possibly work??? Money is something used by people to trade for things they need....for money to be viable it has to be able to be accessed and held and be tradeable by billions of people worldwide...if its not accessable by everyone then it fails the test. there just isnt enough physical supply for silver to be "money". Of course it could work if all the gold and silver traders gathered in one spot and traded amongst themselves..maybe you could buy a small impoverished down at heels country ...oh I know like Greece.
    Gold and silver have been money for centuries, all across the world. They were picked as money because of their properties and how well it fits the definition of money.

There is plenty of physical supply, its just the price that will need to adjust.

Why do you think it is not able to be traded everywhere? Zimbabwe, having learnt what happens when you print to much currency, now has no currency, but is able to conduct trade in gold, in villages in the middle of nowhere.

see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ubJp6rmUYM

The world agreed to use the US dollar as the reserve currency because it was convertable to gold, the reason this was stopped was because too much currency was being printed and people wanted the gold instead, because it cant be printed. And printed and printed currency has been.

Currency in its current form, pretending to be money has only been around for 40 or so years, and already its starting to fall apart, look at the mess we have all around the world.

The real dream is to think that currency is going to last in its current form. Just like all the paper money that has been before, the current versions are heading to their inevitable value, zero.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Pay off debt--economics 101,but its amazing how many people neglect this basic ''law of survival''these days [and even take on more debt]
    I think you can put that one down to advertising and everyone brainwashed into thinking they need so many useless new things NOW. Add to that the loss of any incentive to save because of low interest rates, and that if you save you are losing purchasing power constantly....

Well this is the thing in the US today I see savings rate for 6 month .69%--- 1yr 1.8%--- an you can get a 30yr fixed rate mortgage for 4%.........

Now put that in context with say a start-up Gold producer like CVR that has a market value of 27mill
    - once in full start up production (couple months away) will have earnings over 20mill+ p.a an further out couple years once second plant is running closer to 80mill earnings using a $1500oz USD Gold price .....Now I'd be more than happy to pay anyone 4% p.a to invest in the likes of CVR (curently I have to pay 5.7%)
    Last edited by JBmurc; 27-09-2011 at 01:28 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    think we've seen the bottom in the sell-off in PGM with the very sharp spike lower to 1540 to then bounce strong pushing it at present 1620 Gold & Silver should form a base an move higher once again , keeping to the long term bull trend ...2,000 should be crossed late this year IMHO

Attachment 3616yeh silver did a hammer which could indicate a strong support zone.
    Last edited by peat; 27-09-2011 at 07:31 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Legend

This from Franklin (Colonel?) Sanders today.. he's often right..

SILVER and GOLD PRICES could drop more. My rational mind and the charts tell me that. But my intuition keeps on asking where all that buying was coming from today. A 70 cent silver rise and $31 silver rise in the aftermarket is right stout, no matter how you cut it.

Gently, gently I am starting to buy. Just can't help it, I'm too nervous about silver and gold. Nervous, too, about the unfolding crisis. Of this much I am sure: you are now watching a rare opportunity to buy silver and gold at fire-sale rates.

Friday after markets closed Comex announced it was raising margins on silver and gold contracts. No doubt somebody got that news before the press release and sold in anticipation. But the stories metastisizing on the internet that this proves a conspiracy are just silly. Commodity markets are run for the benefit of the market makers, and it's not in their interest for investors to go bankrupt. They raise margins on EVERY hot market.

checkout Gold 1661 biggest 24hr rise in history of gold

Funny haven't heard from skol while gold bouncing the biggest move in history closing in on $140 move north within 24hrs I wouldn't be surprised to see 1700 crossed overnight ......the shorters getting out fast ....a return to the bull trend mean to 2,000 this year...