sharetrader
Page 31 of 871 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131531 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Yeah which one is it tricha? Must be the only that's not imploding at the moment.
    Short Covering and Momentum Funds Push Gold Higher

http://www.kitco.com/reports/KitcoNews20100422D2.html

Interesting article, precious metals spot prices on the rise too

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Chung View Post
    I bought back into a gold stock last week.

Which goldie T?
    It was my old favourite FML, it had a pretty good quarter on top of commissioning 3 mile hill, it's not for the faint hearted though, pure gambling stock. If gold goes off it will do very well, but lets face it the gold buffs have been calling a big rise for ten years now, but with Greece into junk status, it might be contagious ????????? and then it will happen.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Quote Originally Posted by tricha View Post
    It was my old favourite FML, it had a pretty good quarter on top of commissioning 3 mile hill, it's not for the faint hearted though, pure gambling stock. If gold goes off it will do very well, but lets face it the gold buffs have been calling a big rise for ten years now, but with Greece into junk status, it might be contagious ????????? and then it will happen.
    An over those 10yrs gold has increased nicely 1183.50 atm
    Last edited by JBmurc; 04-05-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

JB,
    Looks like the Greek mess is sorted out, what now?
    Goldbugs will be bitterly disappointed that Greece hasn't descended into anarchy and spreading all over Europe.
    Last edited by Skol; 04-05-2010 at 12:33 PM.

I just finished reading the Mike Maloney "Investing in Gold and Silver" book. I thought it was a really good book.

However....

He says that when one bubble is forming, just move to the next? My question is, how to do you know when you are in a bubble?

Banned

JB,
    We need to lighten up a bit so I thought for a laugh we could list a few of the conspiracy theories about why gold is being manipulated downwards.
    I'll go first then maybe you could tell us your one about the video camera being switched off then someone being run over by a car.

I think my favourite is that the Reserve Bank of Australia is manipulating the price. This is because Dwight Eisenhower told Sir Robert Menzies in 1959 to toe the line and do what the Federal Reserve said. The current Governor Glenn Stevens is unflatteringly referred to as the bald headed traitor because he was trained by the Fed and is carrying out their instructions.

OK, your turn.

Mike Maloney says that gold will reach $15,000 an ounce $USD

That seems a bit of a long shot I would have thought?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ENP View Post
    Mike Maloney says that gold will reach $15,000 an ounce $USD

That seems a bit of a long shot I would have thought?
    Not at all, I've seen a post where a million dollars an ounce is possible apparently. Some goldbugs get quite angry if you cast doubt on their instant riches.

Skol it is well over a million dollars an ounce in Zimbabwean dollars
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Not at all, I've seen a post where a million dollars an ounce is possible apparently. Some goldbugs get quite angry if you cast doubt on their instant riches.
    now thats overboard I'm in the $2000oz within the next couple year camp longer term $3000+

but your in the mass deflation camp which means you believe gold will go down to $450oz etc which would mean central banks worldwide would increase rates 10%+ An withdraw the easy bailout free money thats been created faster that any other time in fiat history
    Oil would have to fall to sub $40bbl Or maybe someone that really has a huge amount of real gold would let the market know well before putting up for sell so the buyers can short the paper market down an pick up the gold cheap like what the drop kick flash Gordan Brown did
    Or maybe a mass human extinction -WW3 Nuclear holocast -blackdeath etc etc
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu