sharetrader
Page 312 of 871 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412812 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    If history's anything to go by getting in at the bottom might mean staying there for the next decade or two.

www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/cb07c11c-edac-11e0-a9a9-00144feab49a.html#axzz1Zk5uMwbe

You can ignore the above JB, it's the 'mainstream media'.

How many goldbugs here have a formal economics education? That would be interesting to know.
    Economics to tertiary level here, how about yourself Skol??

I see in AUD terms Gold has been a great investment with it's high of the year of $1810oz to the current $1760 with the low of the year of $1310
    Aussie gold producers will be announcing some very good numbers from their Quarterlies with the added bonus of much lower fuel costs with oil down 20%+
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

They're creating more gold too, digging it out of the ground, heaps of it at this absurd price.
    Yeah, fair enough, I thought you might say that Skol. BTW, never did do economics (does bookkeeping count?). But we'll be expecting a lot more from you Trackers..

I have unearthed evidence that the US$ is in a bubble, and how is it that gold is still going up? One side or another is going to be disappointed.

Yes the USD is going to be one mother of a bubble burst all right after the euro fails....going be one nasty credit crunch in 2012 IMHO...will be a driving force for Gold /Silver to break to new highs which for AUD price only $50 away
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Yeah, fair enough, I thought you might say that Skol. BTW, never did do economics (does bookkeeping count?). But we'll be expecting a lot more from you Trackers..

I have unearthed evidence that the US$ is in a bubble, and how is it that gold is still going up? One side or another is going to be disappointed.
    You gotta be joking! USD goes up since August 27th and it's a bubble. LOL How about gold going up for 10 years at some colossal rate, now that's a bubble. I expect the USD to get closer to 1:1 with the euro.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    Economics to tertiary level here, how about yourself Skol??
    Nope, I have no tertiary qualifications, my occupation requires physics, mechanics and maths, I have other qualifications. Most of all my job requires common sense and practicality, something that a large proportion of the population seem to be short of.

Probably goes to prove given a little more time that 99% of goldbugs come from the Peter Schiff and Jim Sinclair School of Shonky Economics. Since there's been no major economic meltdown in my lifetime bar a few crashes, I don't expect one in the near future. History's on my side.

I also think that 99% recurring of goldbugs weren't cognizant re. economic matters in 1980 and keep on wheeling out the 'it's different this time' nonsense, which I'm absolutely sure is going to cost them dearly.

Goldbugs have been crying wolf for years; hyperinflation, economic meltdown, USD extinction, Weimar Republic, Fort Knox is empty ad infinitum.

It's crap.

Articles in the FT by economics professors proclaiming gold is a bubble are rubbished by the goldbugs, most of whom I'm certain aren't that well educated given some of the spelling and punctuation, and given that the same data is available to the professors as it is to the goldbugs I'll put my money on the professors and economists from the 'mainstream media'.
    Last edited by Skol; 04-10-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Legend

Nope, I have no tertiary qualifications, my occupation requires physics, mechanics and maths, I have other qualifications. Most of all my job requires common senseand practicality, something that a large proportion of the population seem to be short of.

Probably goes to prove given a little more time that 99% of goldbugs come from the Peter Schiff and Jim Sinclair School of Shonky Economics. Since there's been no major economic meltdown in my lifetime bar a few crashes, I don't expect one in the near future. History's on my side.

I also think that 99% recurring of goldbugs weren't cognizant re. economic matters in 1980 and keep on wheeling out the 'it's different this time' nonsense, which I'm absolutely sure is going to cost them dearly.

Goldbugs have been crying wolf for years; hyperinflation, economic meltdown, USD extinction, Weimar Republic, Fort Knox is empty ad infinitum.

It's crap.

Articles in the FT by economics professors proclaiming gold is a bubble are rubbished by the goldbugs, most of whom I'm certain aren't that well educated given some of the spelling and punctuation, and given that the same data is available to the professors as it is to the goldbugs I'll put my money on the professors and economists from the 'mainstream media'.
    Wait a minute Skol, you just reminded me about a paper predicting gold to crash in about April/May this year, (covered in this thread) based on a scientific chart treatment of the oscillations of the 10-year ramp. That was real science (maths), and what a load of bollocks it turned out to be.

Looks to me like the big traders are buying US$, waiting for it to rise, selling out of that and buying gold. They must be doing really well. They can hop in and out as often as they like.

Until the world finds some sustainable energy at a sensible price, we're in the crap. No annual increases in GDP to keep everything going.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Good move up for the Gold price 1657oz USD -1711oz AUD ....start of the move back on the bull trend...
    Gold and silver resuming their inexorable way south - again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Wait a minute Skol, you just reminded me about a paper predicting gold to crash in about April/May this year, (covered in this thread) based on a scientific chart treatment of the oscillations of the 10-year ramp. That was real science (maths), and what a load of bollocks it turned out to be.
    I think if you go back and find the formula that there was a proviso of + or - several months, so the mathematical formula wasn't far off the mark.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1012/1012.4118.pdf

May - June 2011 as the 'most probable time'. Not bad though.

The main difference between the goldbugs and everyone else is the conspiracy theories, some of which are so comic there should be a book written about them. The numbers are wrong, Bernanke is lying, the goldbugs are the target of the establishment, manipulation, the illuminati, it's hilarious.

The goldbug sheeple are so convinced they're right and everyone else is wrong they're gonna ride this all the way down.
    Last edited by Skol; 05-10-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Legend

I think if you go back and find the formula that there was a proviso of + or - several months, so the mathematical formula wasn't far off the mark.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1012/1012.4118.pdf

May - June 2011 as the 'most probable time'. Not bad though.

The main difference between the goldbugs and everyone else is the conspiracy theories, some of which are so comic there should be a book written about them. The numbers are wrong, Bernanke is lying, the goldbugs are the target of the establishment, manipulation, the illuminati, it's hilarious.

The goldbug sheeple are so convinced they're right and everyone else is wrong they're gonna ride this all the way down.
    I don't think so. That Sornette equation was May-June but the error was not specified, very unscientific after all that maths. And in any case large interventions meant all bets were off. I thought Strat has carefully shown that US Gold has dropped back 15% after a logarithmic increase, and has now reverted to a linear increase, the same path it's been on for 10 years.

Hold onto your hat Skol, because Bernanke is starting to talk about QE3. http://www.actionforex.com/analysis/...0111004150326/. That will hold the dollar back again, which the FED probably wants, to help US exports and reduce the cost of the external debts. It will mean traders will tend to hop out of cash, and some will buy stocks, some will buy gold. But I'm no economist.
    Last edited by elZorro; 05-10-2011 at 07:33 AM.