sharetrader
Page 326 of 871 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426826 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 8708

Thread: Gold

I cant believe gold seems to be running in tandem with the market.

Thought gold would have been going up whilst markets were falling, yet we see convergence moves at present rather than what I feel should be an expected divergence.
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Yes, it certainly is. Link . That's a lot of pressure on gold production.

Drillfix- USD is going up, but it usually stabilises, and gold will go up after that.
    Last edited by elZorro; 10-11-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Yes, it certainly is. Link . That's a lot of pressure on gold production.

Drillfix- USD is going up, but it usually stabilises, and gold will go up after that.
    Ahh, is that why. Cheers eZ.

It appears that we are about to test support towards $1,748 approx again. This to me, is good, and healthy prior to another leg upward which should be stronger having tested the previous support (imo).
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Banned

A quick check around and I've found goldbugs talking about exposure to the dreaded, hated, defiled, despised, vilified, detested, abhorred, loathed USD.

Can anyone explain this rather odd behaviour or are goldbugs finally waking up to the fact that hyperinflation and the USd 'turning to confetti', as Jim Rogers calls it is all an old wives tale.

Whatcha reckon JB?

Maybe these guys are goldbug 'traitors', and scabs, cracking under the pressure and tacitly admitting there's gold in Fort Knox after all. LOL
    Last edited by Skol; 10-11-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Legend

The USD is rising because it doesn't look as crappy (for now) as most other currencies, would be my view.

http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/fundame...l_it_Last.html

So while attention is on the European region, the USD$ gold price might drift back a bit. But the buying pressure on any dips remains. If China is intent on backing its own reserves with gold, this could go on for many years yet. Note worldwide gold production is only slowly ramping up, another process that takes years.

Global liquidity drying up? Banks not trusting each other.
    Last edited by elZorro; 11-11-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    A quick check around and I've found goldbugs talking about exposure to the dreaded, hated, defiled, despised, vilified, detested, abhorred, loathed USD.

Can anyone explain this rather odd behaviour or are goldbugs finally waking up to the fact that hyperinflation and the USd 'turning to confetti', as Jim Rogers calls it is all an old wives tale.

Whatcha reckon JB?

Maybe these guys are goldbug 'traitors', and scabs, cracking under the pressure and tacitly admitting there's gold in Fort Knox after all. LOL
    Hyperinflation is appearing less likely,BUT sovereign debt defaults are here and now.
    Skol is the USA too big to fail?
    The main premise of basis of the fiat monetry system is that countries CANNOT go bankrupt well apparently they can and are going that way .
    Will the US ?who knows in the meantime where to put your hardearned if currencies arent safe(sovereign debt ,bonds)?We are all in unchartered waters ATM.Lets face it no one really knows what or how this is going to end(my own opinion is rather pessimistic) so a bit of gold and silver as part of a greater diverse stratedgy still seems a sound thing to do.

Banned

Apparently gold, silver and bonds are 'safe'.I won't be putting my dollars anywhere near these 3, they're all at multi-year highs and ready for a fall while shares are cheap. If Warren Buffett thinks it's good enough to throw $24b at shares it's more than likely a good act to follow.

"With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Apparently gold, silver and bonds are 'safe'.I won't be putting my dollars anywhere near these 3, they're all at multi-year highs and ready for a fall while shares are cheap. If Warren Buffett thinks it's good enough to throw $24b at shares it's more than likely a good act to follow.
    Maybe Buffett has to buy on really bad days for two reasons. It slows up the collapse, which will hold his other equities up a bit, and he also gets the volume he must need when buying a substantial amount. Remember Buffett bought a lot of GEC last time, and it fell further later. I think he negotiated a buy-in special for down the track.

The latest news in Europe is not good. Dark clouds are gathering.

Banned

So assuming a massive meltdown in Europe doesn't happen, which it won't, what will happen to the POG then?