sharetrader
Page 345 of 874 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445845 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 8733

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    No gold thanks, every share on my watchlist is in the green today. TLS $3.41, up 36% since I bought it incl. Div.
    My main plays in the gold sector NST and SLR are up a lot more than that skol over the last 3-4 months.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by denpal View Post
    My main plays in the gold sector NST and SLR are up a lot more than that skol over the last 3-4 months.
    Only partially corrrect, TLS is up 12% + 5% DY = 17%.

SLR is 13%.

I don't think you could compare a couple of struggling miners to a multi-billion dollar company like TLS.
    Last edited by Skol; 07-01-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Banned

From Incredible Charts.

'We are unlikely to witness another bull trend, however, unless the Fed introduces QE3.'

Gold ready to commence it's uptrend methinks ..... 2000 on the cards middle of this year
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 16-01-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Legend

That cheers me up, W69. Here's more from one analyst:

http://etfdailynews.com/2012/01/16/g...j-dzz-slv-udn/

So EWT people might predict another low yet, before a bull run for gold.

With many global investors still concerned about the price of gold and silver, today King World News interviewed the “London Trader” to get his take on these markets. The source stated, “We’ve still got a very, very compressed spring because the shorts are still trying to defend their positions, their naked short positions in both the gold and silver markets. As an example, in the silver market, you saw that type of activity in the silver ETF (SLV). Shorts borrowed another 3 million ounces to cover immediate delivery concerns. There are 25 million ounces now borrowed from SLV. It is getting worse and worse for them.”

© 2011 by King World News®. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast,
    rewritten, or redistributed. However, linking directly to the blog page is permitted and encouraged.

January 17, 2012

The London Trader continues:

“They are naked short on the COMEX and to meet immediate delivery demand they are having to borrow it from the SLV. It is still unwinding and it’s still got a long way to go. Yes, you will still see games being played and yes you can create paper gold out of thin air. But there comes a point where each time you do that the physical buyers are taking it and it has a lagging effect that will catch up, and eventually it gets reflected in the price.

The demand for euro gold here in London is so intense it’s shocking to some of the players. This is what has left some market participants in the US wondering why the price of gold has risen along with the dollar. It’s because demand in the eurozone is unimaginably strong. The euro physical gold demand is off the charts and it is creating shortages for metal, in size, here in London.

The physical gold market is actually being drained by euro gold buyers. People are converting their euros to gold and there is only a finite amount of physical gold available. Again, that’s why you are seeing the dollar and gold rallying together.

We are also seeing very strong markets in Asia with solid premiums. Silver is in backwardation. There are huge premiums for size (large tonnage orders) in silver and you are going to wait 3, 4 or 5 weeks for delivery. There is constant backwardation into the March futures contract. For the most part, the bid on silver spot has been higher than the ask on March futures.

These paper markets are a joke. Nobody who is seriously in the business of taking physical delivery is trading on the COMEX anymore. That is big news. The COMEX is no longer a credible marketplace....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I found this an interesting read...

How will China's Pan Asian Gold Exchange Revolution​ize Gold and Silver Trading?

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article32678.html

Legend

Wow, Cam, interesting all right. I was going to say the English and spelling was a bit off, but the writer is probably fluent in at least two languages. Is the message to buy gold and gold shares, and wait until June 2012 to see what happens? This could be huge, and certainly with physical gold as the backup, gains a lot of respect in these markets.

How fast will companies with gold in the ground act to get theirs out, and to buy out smaller players? For them, a lot hinges on the gold price.

Banned

JB,.

Kingworldnews.

A bit like large companies, no bad news or contrarian opinions allowed, only Yes Men permitted.

The reason people love gold is based on emotion according to experts in behavioural finance. Like old religions, what must have worked 2000 years ago just might work today.

The DJIA is 9% ahead of gold in the last 3 months, looks like a turnround is on the way.

Banned

Wanna laugh?

I've just been watching a dude called Gerald Celente on RT, who apparently has 80% of his assets in gold.

His are of expertise is predictions, a 'psychic', or after watching this programme a 'psycho', complete with heaps of conspiracy theories.

One of his predictions is that martial law will happen in the USA in 2012, however I wouldn't place too much emphasis on it because he said in May 2010 that before 2011 there would be a worldwide severe economic crash. LOL