sharetrader
Page 358 of 874 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458858 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 8733

Thread: Gold

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    There was an excellent documentary on Warren Buffet on Sky a couple of nights back. Not one mention of the word gold.

Goldbugs mostly rubbish Buffett but BRK's performance since 1990 thrashes gold by 4:1.
    Very interesting, he broken a golden rule he himself set and like Hubbard, he is going down.

I guess that happens when you get to 80,
    you start to lose your edge.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tricha View Post
    Very interesting, he broken a golden rule he himself set and like Hubbard, he is going down.

I guess that happens when you get to 80,
    you start to lose your edge.
    Depends which Hubbard you're talking about.

L. Ron Hubbard
    or
    Dick Hubbard
    or
    Allan Hubbard

or maybe you're just getting a little bit of confusion in your old age and referring to M. King Hubbert the peak oil crank.
    Last edited by Skol; 19-02-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Veteran novice

Very drol Skol!

Got a laugh out of that!

Perhaps this exerpt from the very latest Barron's might convince you. By the leader of Hong Kong-based Value Partners.

'China is a command and control economy. The textbooks you read at Princeton or Harvard are only partially applicable. In the Chinese situation, first, the banking system is very much under government control, and second, there is the phenomenon of financial repression. In simple language that means people cannot freely send their money overseas in search of higher returns'

Damned goldbugs, never do their homework.
    That's why they're going to end up poor.
    Agree with that. Isn't that why China Class A shares trade at much higher multiples of the same, parallel listed stock in Hong Kong?

Legend

Waddayareckon about those gold/silver prices Skol?

Banned

I was wondering when we'd hear from you EZ.

Has OGC had a bit of a run?

Gold, no thanks, shares have thrashed gold for months on end.

Shares thrashed? Dont think so Skol.

Some say things are only about to start to get interesting as some stocks have not flinched, moved nor showed very much gains in their sp.

Sounds like a complete opposition to what your seeing, but each to their own hey~!
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post
    Shares thrashed? Dont think so Skol.

Some say things are only about to start to get interesting as some stocks have not flinched, moved nor showed very much gains in their sp.

Sounds like a complete opposition to what your seeing, but each to their own hey~!
    Maybe you're on a different planet, my chart shows the S&P500 21% ahead of gold for the last 6 months. No dividend either on gold and you have to pay storage and insurance.

It's all downhill for the shiny stuff.

Maybe you're on a different planet, my chart shows the S&P500 21% ahead of gold for the last 6 months. No dividend either on gold and you have to pay storage and insurance.

It's all downhill for the shiny stuff.
    Argue the fact all you want Skol, makes no difference.

Along with the presidential election its all part of the Greatest Show on earth.

Its all pumped money into a puppet market meaning, your so called S&P500 is a fabricated painted chart which is like believing in the pink fairy with magic wands.

I will give you a couple months or so before I accept your apology :P
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Legend

I agree with that Drillfix- despite the facts that you can't eat it, it costs an absolute fortune (apparently) to store it, and it pays no dividends, a lot of people seem to want more gold. A bit like new cars really, only better. Great article about exploration stocks here.

http://www.moneymorning.com.au/20120...s-explode.html