sharetrader
Page 36 of 871 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136536 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold

Banned

Yes, in 1980 lots of people lost lots of money. That's what that graph says.

My advice - pay off the mortgage.

Take my word for it ENP, the bedlam, chaos, anarchy and USD implosion the goldbugs pray for will never happen.

Seen it all before.

I can't even begin to remember how many times in my life I've read about punters killing themselves because of the colossal amount of money they've lost.
    Last edited by Skol; 07-05-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Yes well by the looks of that one, it isn't used as a hedge against inflation but more for speculation of making a quick dollar. And if it repeats from 1980, gold could lose about 70-80% of its value in 2-3 years.

Scary thought.

Banned

NAV down 1.5.
    Yep, punters really piling into those good value gold shares alright.
    Phaedrus was right.
    Last edited by Skol; 07-05-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Talking Conspiracy theory #101.1

Skol in his position as a Fed Reserve mole/agent(cunningly placed on ST to villifey those nasty evil godless metals) also owns a paper and ink company and in collusion with his Fed reserve masters realises he can make a fortune printing notes for every stimulii package at every crisis in all or any countries with very little cost and no risk.
    Damnded sight easier and quicker than that dangerous dirty messey digging and refining.
    And if there is hyperinflation or financial meltdown he can just print more and more and more and more and AAAA HA HA HA AR HA HA HA AR HA HA HA HA HA and and and and then people could use them as firestarters and and and then riot and and and and then burn stuff.
    BWAHAHA BWAHAHAHA BWBWBWHAHAHAHA

Well those sellers of NAV will look back 12m from now kicking themselves for selling so low ,If I didn't have a house to pay for I'd be loading up the truck with cheap shares--fear is in control
    GOLD is moving steady higher
    NAV from june will produce est. 277oz gold per day they will make a profit per day of $155,674 AUD(1362oz aud) gee making that profit per day should really hurt them LOL so far NAV have keep to there plan 100% I have no doult NAV will annouce production numbers this month..
    JBmurc happy holding truck loads of NAV & NAVO
    Last edited by JBmurc; 07-05-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Told you to buy AAC JB, you can't eat the yellow metal.

Keep your dosh in NZD or AUD. Neither countries have ever had hyperinflation.
    Last edited by Skol; 07-05-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Told you to buy AAC JB, you can't eat the yellow metal.

Keep your dosh in NZD or AUD. Neither countries have ever had hyperinflation.
    you should know I don't own any gold bullion I'm a silver bullion man going be my kiwi saver 51kg in the safe will keep buying 1kg min per month till #1 it becomes far to expensive #2 I can't fit anymore in my safe should hold 200kg
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    you should know I don't own any gold bullion I'm a silver bullion man going be my kiwi saver 51kg in the safe will keep buying 1kg min per month till #1 it becomes far to expensive #2 I can't fit anymore in my safe should hold 200kg
    Plus there's far more upside in Silver than Gold at these levels, Silver for what ever reason still lags the other metals?

Guru

Default silver

J B, where do you buy your 1kgs of silver? Ive bought gold coins before ,but not sure about silver.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    J B, where do you buy your 1kgs of silver? Ive bought gold coins before ,but not sure about silver.
    I brought my last 1kg off trademe for a bargain $850 checkout the silver thread have many answers on there for keen silver bullion buyers