sharetrader
Page 368 of 871 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468868 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 8703

Thread: Gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post
    LOL Skol,

Is it now getting to the point where no comment needed and just let the links to the talking :P
    How many pages on gold here? 247, just about everything's been said, the general opinion seems to be that gold isn't going to the moon, it's not gonna be $20,000 an ounce or silver $150 an ounce, it's over until 2034.

The world economy isn't coming to a grinding halt as the goldbugs have asserted and I have disagreed.

So how old will you be in 2034 drillfix? You'll pull the gold bars out of the bottom drawer and give them to the grandkids.
    Last edited by Skol; 28-03-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Your not wrong about that Skol, every thing could have been said x20 easily.

Dont have kids, so definitely wont have any grand kids. (or so far anyways).

I also prefer to choose to live in the moment, rather than predicting doom or boom and just trade it for it is what it is as the river will flow which way it is flowing.
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Wrong again Gold-$1692
    Gold $1657.

A 'smack down.' (LOL)

Who's responsible for this one then JB?

Must be someone's fault, Bernanke, JP Morgan?

well the same ones that are always responsible ...the paper traders

Fact is worldwide average gold production grades are dropping now average 1.8g/t (30yrs ago 4-5g/t)

The global gold investment demand is growing exponentially, while physical gold production in several important nations is flat, in decline, or in South Africa's case in steep chronic decline due to horrendous mismanagement and stupidity. It all adds up to shortage of supply and much higher physical gold price. Observe the reduction since 1970 from 2600 tons of annual SA output, while the SA share of global output has fallen from 80% to 15%.

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/privat...groundhog.html
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

We're running out.

Doesn't look like it to me.

Notice the part about 50% of all the gold ever produced was produced since 1967.

www.goldsheetlinks.com/production2.htm

well the same ones that are always responsible ...the paper traders

Fact is worldwide average gold production grades are dropping now average 1.8g/t (30yrs ago 4-5g/t)

The global gold investment demand is growing exponentially, while physical gold production in several important nations is flat, in decline, or in South Africa's case in steep chronic decline due to horrendous mismanagement and stupidity. It all adds up to shortage of supply and much higher physical gold price. Observe the reduction since 1970 from 2600 tons of annual SA output, while the SA share of global output has fallen from 80% to 15%.

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/privat...groundhog.html
    I think you'll find that Indian jewellers have gone on strike over the import tax on gold. bit of a hit to demand in the ST.
    Can’t really blame paper traders, they are just as likely to push up the price of gold as bring it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumice View Post
    I think you'll find that Indian jewellers have gone on strike over the import tax on gold. bit of a hit to demand in the ST.
    Can’t really blame paper traders, they are just as likely to push up the price of gold as bring it down.
    Of course paper traders move the daily movements there is as much as 99x as much “paper” or digital gold is bought on commodities exchanges such as COMEX, as there is traded in actual delivery of physical gold..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Of course paper traders move the daily movements there is as much as 99x as much “paper” or digital gold is bought on commodities exchanges such as COMEX, as there is traded in actual delivery of physical gold..
    That’s my point, you could conclude that paper traders have pushed the price of gold well above its natural value.
    As much as you could conclude that they are holding it down.

My bet is they have driven it up to unsustainable levels. IMHO, but I have no financial position in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumice View Post
    That’s my point, you could conclude that paper traders have pushed the price of gold well above its natural value.
    As much as you could conclude that they are holding it down.

My bet is they have driven it up to unsustainable levels. IMHO, but I have no financial position in gold.
    Natural value so whats Gold's natural value ??

Natural value so whats Gold's natural value ??
    probably about $100 an ounce on its practical uses :P ( at best)