sharetrader
Page 396 of 871 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 8703

Thread: Gold

Legend

How's about that gold price Skol??

Busted out above $1600, looks like a flight to safety.

Banned

But how long will it last? Gold has probably entered a bear market, so I hope you're not overexposed EZ.

Guru

The opposite of the so called ''goldbugs'' are the big players that are shorting gold.-In the last few days they are the ones that have been overexposed--They got Fleeeeeced..!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    The opposite of the so called ''goldbugs'' are the big players that are shorting gold.-In the last few days they are the ones that have been overexposed--They got Fleeeeeced..!!
    How about some proof! A goldbug fantasy.
    Last edited by Skol; 04-07-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Permanent Newbie

Not sure how to link to bloomberg but there was a video from a guy (admittedly selling his gold fund) looking at gold as a financial asset and if i understand him correctly the value of gold has been about 40% of the money supply but has not increased with the expansion of the money supply. I think he was saying that if gold was to reach 40% of the money supply again it would need to be about $4,500 an oz. Is gold money? why do central banks still hold gold if it isn't.
    I agree it is purely speculative because if gold isn't money then it probably isn't that valuable even if it is rare(you can make pretty jewellery from lots of things). I also think paper money could quickly lose value as well if people stop believing in it and they keep making more. Zimbabwe is a good example of what happens when you have too much printing. I bet they would trade a couple of million dollars(zimbabwe) for an oz of gold. $US might get there one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Not sure how to link to bloomberg but there was a video from a guy (admittedly selling his gold fund) looking at gold as a financial asset and if i understand him correctly the value of gold has been about 40% of the money supply but has not increased with the expansion of the money supply. I think he was saying that if gold was to reach 40% of the money supply again it would need to be about $4,500 an oz. Is gold money? why do central banks still hold gold if it isn't.
    I agree it is purely speculative because if gold isn't money then it probably isn't that valuable even if it is rare(you can make pretty jewellery from lots of things). I also think paper money could quickly lose value as well if people stop believing in it and they keep making more. Zimbabwe is a good example of what happens when you have too much printing. I bet they would trade a couple of million dollars(zimbabwe) for an oz of gold. $US might get there one day.
    I bought a 1 billion or was it a 1 trillion Zimbabwian note for $12

If the USA was a company it would be bankrupt---- "80+ trillion liabilities with 2trillion coming in"

http://goldsilver.com/video/the-tick...term=read+more
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Gold's a great investment. The gold gamblers between 1981 and 2002 lost 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    If the USA was a company it would be bankrupt---- "80+ trillion liabilities with 2trillion coming in"

http://goldsilver.com/video/the-tick...term=read+more
    I didn't see anywhere that it said $80 trillion in debt JB?

It said 16 trillion = $50,000 per person = less than 100% of GDP? I don't see the problem? Japan is over 200%.

Apparently, the USD has around 80 trillion in net assets. I don't think we have anything to worry about JB.

With manufacturing going back to the US, the competitive advantage of cheap energy, and the status of world reserve currency...the USA are fine!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    I didn't see anywhere that it said $80 trillion in debt JB?

It said 16 trillion = $50,000 per person = less than 100% of GDP? I don't see the problem? Japan is over 200%.

Apparently, the USD has around 80 trillion in net assets. I don't think we have anything to worry about JB.

With manufacturing going back to the US, the competitive advantage of cheap energy, and the status of world reserve currency...the USA are fine!
    Is manufacturing really heading back to the US? What about the great leap backwards to a more average hourly pay for everyone? In this global world, a welder in India is paid $25 for a week's work. They are getting the big jobs.