sharetrader
Page 398 of 872 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 8711

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    I watched that video - what a joke. Why on earth does he think that gold has a linear relationship to the monetary base? Gold is worth as much as it costs to mine out and for someone to spend the time and opportunity cost to lock it away. To me, that would be 0. But to the other fools, it's currently $2000 nzd.

Is gold money? No - you can't go and use it in general expenditure, can you? The Fed still holds it's gold at historical cost so obviously doesn't care about it too much.

What other central banks hold gold in developed countries? 5/8 th's of sweet f.a.

JB, you talk of these gold miners making fat profits? You mean, your ARV, HLX, NAV, PXG to name a few? These have only been going one way and that's down...
    ARV,HLX,PXG are all explorers ...NAV costs got out of control and was glad to have sold out before they crashed long ago .....when I'm talking about producers making a mint I'm talking about PGI, TRY ,CVR (I hold all) these guys like many producers are making some very large profits at current gold prices
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    With manufacturing going back to the US, the competitive advantage of cheap energy, and the status of world reserve currency...the USA are fine!
    Do you really think the US economy is fine? They have tremendous debt.
    They are keeping their heads above water because China is still financing their debt[Buying treasury bonds] If they stop[or have to stop because of a slowdown]it will not be pretty.{Europe is Chinas biggest trading partner][/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the chinese have scaled back the buying of US debt ...something like 40% of the debt is held by the FED
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Do you really think the US economy is fine? They have tremendous debt.
    They are keeping their heads above water because China is still financing their debt[Buying treasury bonds] If they stop[or have to stop because of a slowdown]it will not be pretty.{Europe is Chinas biggest trading partner]

JB,

You're the boy crying wolf for years.

How about a time when the USD is 'confetti', the US economy implodes and hyperinflation ravages the Earth.

How long?

Legend

The latest in a long line of articles about QE3, which could happen any old day, and will probably occur before the elections. This guy includes gold in his investment choices. Very wise..

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/fii...rt_726496.html

Back up the truck - right Skol?

Last edited by elZorro; 06-07-2012 at 03:17 PM.

It's never be if but when...... create more money,, got to pay the bills..... wish i had a endless supply of free money...0% interest rate
    Last edited by JBmurc; 06-07-2012 at 09:18 PM.

http://www.financialsense.com/contri...lapse-end-game

Utter corruption throughout the banker world. Jim Willie is on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    Most of it is automated now, so it makes sense to have the capital investment close to the market. I don't want to own a car welded by an untrained indian.

I just think JB's constant scare mongering of the USA is a little weak.

Right sorry to scare you ....fact is with gap of 1+ trillion per ann of overspending is a fact a target of 24+ trillion in US debt by 2020 is the likely outcome ... (wish the bank would forget about my debt) now at some time in the future the US will increase rates from 0% to combat inflation....it's only a matter of time.. has the powers that be learnt nothing from the GFC doesn't look like it...

World of debt---hope the pictures don't scare you to much sky has a 24/7 cartoon channel
    http://demonocracy.info/infographics...orld_debt.html
    Last edited by JBmurc; 06-07-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by denpal View Post
    http://www.financialsense.com/contri...lapse-end-game

Utter corruption throughout the banker world. Jim Willie is on to it.
    Jim Willie LOL.

This idiot is like JB, crying wolf for years, chaos, crashes, etc. that haven't eventuated. i suppose he's made some money out of it though, milking the gullible goldbugs.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Jim Willie LOL.

This idiot is like JB, crying wolf for years, chaos, crashes, etc. that haven't eventuated. i suppose he's made some money out of it though, milking the gullible goldbugs.
    There's probably not one shred of truthfulness in that article.... or is there??

US employment data wasn't as good as hoped for yesterday, US will use less oil for the second year in a row, dampening oil prices, so you're sort of right about that one Skol. US$ ramped up, but this has to be short term if Jim Willie is right, and the Chinese are salting away gold bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Jim Willie LOL.

And you've been bleating on about gold's demise for years,,yet it's still holds it higher value