sharetrader
Page 399 of 871 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    And you've been bleating on about gold's demise for years,,yet it's still holds it higher value
    Gold and silver are declining when the goldbugs tell us that they should be going up. The usual stuff, manipulation, paper, printing, banksters, yadda, yadda, yadda, but for nearly 1 year gold's going south.

Legend

Changes afoot for the Basel status of gold.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....96qz8NC9O8Q%3D

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Changes afoot for the Basel status of gold.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....96qz8NC9O8Q%3D
    I guess that makes gold money and more valuable if/when the changes to its status go through. Although I won't pretend to understand what it all means exactly especially between Teir 1,2 & 3 but banks might be more inclined to hold it as a reserve if countries around the world are trying to devlaue their currencies to gain export competitiveness.
    Sorry Skol I agree that gold generates no income but as money, restrictions on the supply of gold would mean it should hold its value against the $US, Euro etc. especially if they are printing more. Although that said as a commodity the high prices must have set off a lot more digging and exploration. Is there anyway to guess the increase in supply of gold over the last few years. As a greek person would I be happier holding Euros that could turn into Drachmas overnight or gold? Still speculative but to me doesn't seem far off holding any other currency like $US or Euro.

Legend

I agree with your points Aaron. Here's something from Jeremy at Ino.com

From a technical perspective, (see chart) the August Gold is in a range between $1530 and $1640. You will notice that prices tested last Decembers low three separate times in the month of May before hitting the $1640 high, and has been very choppy since then. The low prices from Friday and today seem to have targeted the Fibonacci 2/3rds retracement, but fail to convince me of a directional play yet.

I believe that this week’s trade in the Gold market will depend mostly on how the earnings are reported in the US. After seeing how much the jobs number affected Gold on Friday, I have to believe that the same rules apply this week. As mentioned earlier, the FED is still deciding whether or not to ease again. As backwards as this may sound, a string of disappointing earnings may tempt traders to try to get ahead of the FED and begin buying markets like Gold that would be favored by a weaker US Dollar. In today’s trade, the Dollar is attempting to test the June high, and the Euro is trying to hold the June low. If these two markets stay tamed, we should expect a choppy Gold trade as well. I believe that Gold traders will continue to hold prices in this $100 range until the FED decides whether to stimulate again with another round of easing. This week should then provide both day and swing traders with decent opportunities to scalp.
    I'm not a swing-trade person, but I am interested in hearing about QE3. Still a lot of people half expecting this to occur soon. It will have an immediate effect on the gold price if the FED even obliquely mention it.

Overnight 10th July, Gold dropped in 6 hours to US$1566/oz, but this article anticipated that.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8IA08520120710

Normally a flight to gold occurs a day or two after a flight to the US$.
    Last edited by elZorro; 11-07-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Banned

EZ,

If QE3 is around the corner why is gold heading south?

Why does the flight to the USD continue?

Why is silver close to its lowest level for months?

Why are gold and silver indices plunging?

Legend

If I had some spare cash I'd be buying gold shares and even gold, on these dips. It doesn't surprise me that gold has not crashed, it's just stuck and the wheels are spinning, anytime soon the race to the top should be on again.

http://www.ino.com/blog/2012/07/offi...s-for-economy/

Buffett states the obvious at last, but he's in the Obama camp too, and they're keeping the lid on it until the elections at least.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48159304
    Last edited by elZorro; 13-07-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Legend

The Moneychanger with an amusing item for today, on gold/silver. Best read after a glass of wine, he's an acquired taste perhaps.

http://silver-and-gold-prices.goldpr...ower-lows.html

He's in the market selling coins, so his comments on gold demand have to be accurate.

Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.

~ George Bernard Shaw
    Last edited by elZorro; 17-07-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Here is a chart which suggests that the POG has tuned up. Waiting for it to get above $1600 reminds me of the push to get above $1,000 a couple of years ago.

http://www.ino.com/blog/2012/07/char...e-week-gold-6/

And Franklin Sanders has a very droll style of writing.
    Last edited by airedale; 17-07-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Just read el zorro's link.

6 months going sideways as long as it stays above the 1525-1530 mark (January low) has got to be better than the previous 6 months.

Loss since the August 2011 high. 15%. Not so bad compared to many stocks, especially Gold stocks. Got to be a bargain somewhere amongst that lot. Surely?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png g.png (17.1 KB, 3 views)

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Here is a chart which suggests that the POG has tuned up. .
    Thats a brave call if it is agenda free. Mind you it is Futures which are a figment of someones imagination