sharetrader
Page 4 of 871 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold

Gold- $1111 onwards an upwards should well be a really good year for the goldies
    even though I 50/50 on a sharemarket crash led from the US-UK markets etc which will drag everything lower
    Last edited by JBmurc; 04-01-2010 at 10:34 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Here's something from CNN on gold.

http://www.money.cnn.com/2010/01/06/...ion=2010010706

Banned

It was only a matter of time until headlines like this made the news with all and sundry believing gold bullion is a good investment.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...old-cash-theft

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    It was only a matter of time until headlines like this made the news with all and sundry believing gold bullion is a good investment.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...old-cash-theft
    Think you need to watch these clips -hope you have some real asset investments aswell or you might not even be able to buy than bottle of moet ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rgls...eature=related
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

I watched it JB, but it's like peak oil, lots of people think it's happening but it's not.

Those dudes are going to have egg all over their faces (and so are you) if by the end of 2012 I can still go and buy a big mac for $4 and not $400.

Hope you've got that gold stashed away safe and sound. Where is it, in the safe, in the garden or stored away where you have to pay for it?
    Maybe you've got it somewhere where it'll end up like Goldcorp.

Don't have to worry about the Moet, if anything it's liable to be cheaper. The CPI due out on the 20th is expected to show a decline in prices.
    Last edited by Skol; 19-01-2010 at 11:09 AM.

I watched it JB, but it's like peak oil, lots of people think it's happening but it's not.

Those dudes are going to have egg all over their faces (and so are you) if by the end of 2012 I can still go and buy a big mac for $4 and not $400.

Hope you've got that gold stashed away safe and sound. Where is it, in the safe, in the garden or stored away where you have to pay for it?
    Maybe you've got it somewhere where it'll end up like Goldcorp.
    my gold holdings are in stocks-tgf-try-cfe

i do hold some silver bullion in my own safe

the only people that have egg on their faces atm is the obama's, bernanke,an all the analyst that said their wasn't going be a recession back in 2006 the same guys that are saying the US economy is now fine an looking bullish going forward how could you trust guys that say things like the US car makers are fine to then only a year later find them going bankrupt ....I'd rather trust the guys who get it right with their predictions that's if you want to make money an not go broke following the herd of idiot Analyst

Banned

According to an article in the Globe and Mail today 10 year Treasuries could 'spike' to 10% over the next decade.

Doesn't look like hyperinflation to me.
    The US economy is in much better shape than many other countries, especially Europe.

Which will make gold a fizzer.
    Last edited by Skol; 03-02-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Cool

According to an article in the Globe and Mail today 10 year Treasuries could 'spike' to 10% over the next decade.

Doesn't look like hyperinflation to me.
    The US economy is in much better shape than many other countries, especially Europe.

Which will make gold a fizzer.
    what really cracks me up is the usually bearish news that the IMF will sell yet more gold some 190ton what does the gold price do but hold it's range an end the week at $1117

Now with world production history of gold falling an the fact more of the gold produced is coming from ever lower grade large miners I can't see the gold price in USD falling at all unless the US interest rates head alot higher which they won't as their economy has be on life support for far to long now..........

Below are the end-of-year, closing-prices for gold since the start of the decade. It has risen every year, and last year spectacularly so.

2000 $273
    2001 $279
    2002 $348
    2003 $416
    2004 $438
    2005 $518
    2006 $638
    2007 $838
    2008 $889
    2009 $1084

2010---$1200-$1300 my pick

looking forward to that bottle of Moet skol

wish i had a glass right now lying by me pool in the yet another ripper 25deg central otago blue sky day...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 21-02-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Hi JB, what is surprising is that POG is holding up even as the US$ index strengthens. If [or when] the US$ index turns down, then expect gold to outperform even more strongly.

Banned

Good luck with the gold JB.

In real terms the price of gold is the same as was in 1265. In that year if a guy had bequeathed the gold to his children and so on ad. infinitum, his familiy's wealth in gold would have decreased by 90% over the next 500 years.
    Inflation is expected to stay flat.

One of my neighbours told me a while back he had a few bars stashed away, in the ground some where if I remeber correctly. He said gold would go to US$5000, but I didn't have the heart to pour cold water on it. Dreams are free, like winning lotto.

I see George Soros bought some gold a while back hoping to cash in because he says gold is a bubble.
    Last edited by Skol; 24-02-2010 at 07:42 AM.