sharetrader
Page 413 of 871 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 8705

Thread: Gold

Guru

http://expectedreturnsblog.com/the-u...t-bond-bubble/
    Note the section on the psychology of Cognitive Dissonance

I see good things all the time, bustling cities, full hotels, overflowing restaurants, thousands of tourists, new cars on the road, huge aircraft load factors, increased spending, skyrocketing property prices, and to top it all off there's a 385 acre mall being built not far from here.

The world's ending. LOL
    Last edited by skid; 12-09-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    http://expectedreturnsblog.com/the-u...t-bond-bubble/
    Note the section on the psychology of Cognitive Dissonance

I see good things all the time, bustling cities, full hotels, overflowing restaurants, thousands of tourists, new cars on the road, huge aircraft load factors, increased spending, skyrocketing property prices, and to top it all off there's a 385 acre mall being built not far from here.

The world's ending. LOL

There were 2 major wars in Europe in the last century that resulted in catastrophic destruction and within a few years the world rebuilt itself after both of them. You can hunker down, I'm not, and if you listen to the likes of JBMurc you'll be awaiting the final cataclysm, the death of the USD and crippling hyperinflation.

Which have been predicted for ages and haven't happened. Nor will it.

BTW skid, I'm not imagining the above I actually see it.
    Last edited by Skol; 12-09-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Guru

Your missing my point--I could go out and borrow a bunch of money,buy a bunch of flash clothes,a flash car,a bimbo under each arm,and you would see that too,but......well you get my drift.

Bye the way,..Im not promoting all this quantitative easing,I think its irresponsible.
    But I agree with those who say that the [us]political system is a write off and no one who campaigned for the hard options would get elected.
    Therefore I cant really see to many other options than for them to throw more money at this problem,and if[or when]they do,the obvious result is an increase in the gold price.
    They may postpone it,in which case the gold price will drop,but I think it will happen.[those unemployment figures were pretty ugly] those full hotels were most likely not those poor folks.

Quite frankly,if you won this debate,Id be happy,but.....I dont think so
    Last edited by skid; 13-09-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Legend

Fake it 'til you make it..as one youngish accountant told me once. That's what Skol is seeing sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    There were 2 major wars in Europe in the last century that resulted in catastrophic destruction and within a few years the world rebuilt itself after both of them. You can hunker down, I'm not, and if you listen to the likes of JBMurc you'll be awaiting the final cataclysm, the death of the USD and crippling hyperinflation.

Which have been predicted for ages and haven't happened. Nor will it.

BTW skid, I'm not imagining the above I actually see it.
    As usual skol talking me up as some dooms dayer......fact is I'm nothing like it ...I'm a Sharetrader/investor that says way I see it so far I've been more right than wrong and my bullish outlook on the likes of the PM for the last several years has been be proved right.... had many listen to your talk of gloom for PM back sub 1000oz and shorted the metals etc they would be far worse off...your've been wrong for so long it's become a joke and when you do finally wake up I'll be the one selling you some silver bullion LOL because thats when I know it's near it's end of it's bull trend
    Last edited by JBmurc; 13-09-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

You won't be selling me any silver, it was bolstered by speculators who got creamed last year, the bull run's over, and the return to the mean maybe sooner than you think.

You won't be selling me any silver, it was bolstered by speculators who got creamed last year, the bull run's over, and the return to the mean maybe sooner than you think.
    What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Ez,
    Remember my post about selling gold and buying diamonds or diamond miners?

RIO Tinto has forecast a rise in prices for diamonds over the next decade as demand from China and India continues to surge but supply remains subdued by a lack of major new discoveries.

Legend

Ez,
    Remember my post about selling gold and buying diamonds or diamond miners?

RIO Tinto has forecast a rise in prices for diamonds over the next decade as demand from China and India continues to surge but supply remains subdued by a lack of major new discoveries.
    That's probably not bad advice, just not something I've researched much on. I have heard that some diamonds are extracted off the sea floor on ships, then there's blood diamonds, so I like supporting a local gold explorer.

Legend

Overnight, the FED released this report, and gold bumped up $40 to US$1770 an ounce.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88C15620120913

I'm not sure what previous QE steps were, but this one is for $40 billion a month, plus they'll continue to extend the terms of other debt instruments. Some measures are likely to remain in place until mid 2015. Three more years.

The USD, not doing so well, has dropped 5.7% from its recent high. Big picture time.
    Last edited by elZorro; 14-09-2012 at 07:56 AM.