sharetrader
Page 414 of 869 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Banned

Gold is supposed to go up if there's inflation on the horizon, but there isn't any, and higher interest rates are even further away.

How does that work? A bigger gold bubble.

Gold in Aussie Dollars shows a clear failure to breakout above previous resistance levels.
    The next week will be very telling as to where this is going. Last nights movement excluded from the chart.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png g.png (25.1 KB, 0 views)
    Last edited by STRAT; 14-09-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Guru

The $Aus is really motoring along ATM I guess its no surprise gold is not rising the same against it.
    [$us is really tanking though]

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Gold in Aussie Dollars shows a clear failure to breakout above previous resistance levels.
    The next week will be very telling as to where this is going. Last nights movement excluded from the chart.
    Could be time to borrow interest free gold in buy AUD?

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Gold is supposed to go up if there's inflation on the horizon, but there isn't any, and higher interest rates are even further away.

How does that work? A bigger gold bubble.
    Well the market believes there will be continuing increasing inflation....I know here in NZ prices aren't coming down our rates just increased another 9% this year ...I don't see much coming down in price outside tech LED TV's etc
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Well the market believes there will be continuing increasing inflation....I know here in NZ prices aren't coming down our rates just increased another 9% this year ...I don't see much coming down in price outside tech LED TV's etc
    Yes I think I see the same thing.
    Look at rates or rent, the power bill, the cost of fuel and food....all up and arguably necessities (Maslows hierarchy?)
    Perhaps the only one down is mortgage repayments due to lower interest rates.
    Then look at consumer goods such as TV's etc....prices down on imported goods
    (reflection of the strong NZ $?...imagine the fuel costs if the dollar was lower!)
    Where else in NZ is deflation happening???
    Nationally pay rates are not increasing at a great rate of knots coupled with job losses in some industries.

Banned

The rates on a factory I own went down $2500 p.a.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    The rates on a factory I own went down $2500 p.a.
    In Auckland I find that hard to believe....our house G.V went down 80,000 yet are rates went up 9%
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

True,

Total rates payable p.a. 3 months ago $9,099.11 ($2274 x 4)

Total rates payable p.a. now $6453 ($1613 x 4)

Down 30% - nice.

Did you have major move down in valuation of it's capital value ??