sharetrader
Page 415 of 869 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 8687

Thread: Gold

I know what's up....gold!

$1775 at the moment.

The jump in gold last week was in ALL currencies......funny that.

I know what's eventually coming down......bonds....there will be a US Treasury Bond crisis in the period ahead....and the recent move by the Fed is only going to compress the timeframe in which it occurs.

FED Bernake ---we will create money and keep buying till riskier assets move much higher .....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Did you have major move down in valuation of it's capital value ??
    New Valuation in July, I've just been having a look at it. CV down 11%.

When we bought them there was paddocks and vineyards, now there's a Countdown going directly opposite, land value should have gone up a lot but it hasn't.

The wastewater rate has been reduced which might have something to do with it.
    Last edited by Skol; 14-09-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    True,

Total rates payable p.a. 3 months ago $9,099.11 ($2274 x 4)

Total rates payable p.a. now $6453 ($1613 x 4)

Down 30% - nice.
    Hi Skol
    That would be an exception I think. Im guessing a West Auckland Address. Many West Auckland Rate demands have dropped since the Merger. Of course they will get it back + with new Water and sewage charges.
    Last edited by STRAT; 14-09-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    True,

Total rates payable p.a. 3 months ago $9,099.11 ($2274 x 4)

Total rates payable p.a. now $6453 ($1613 x 4)

Down 30% - nice.
    Thats all to do with the merger and the new super city isn't it ??
    A one off restructure to realign everything. The location and nature of the land use falls in your favour in this case.
    But I bet Auckland Cities overall rates take is up!
    Peter might be paying less but Paul is paying more.
    I doubt there is a council in the country that is decreasing rates!!

Guru

Gold $1600-$1770 in 30 days and all ,for the most part,due to quantitative easing-more dollars pumped into the system. No Inflation--mate,ya gotta be joking..

Great day for the PM bugs my portfolio's under control smashed up some 70k in value in the last 6hrs of trading
    now all I need is another 20 days like today....and I'll get close to my target p.a return
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I see HC got sick of our perma-bear and suspended him..........
    Last edited by denpal; 14-09-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by denpal View Post
    I see HC got sick of our perma-bear and suspended him..........
    Who? Skol is only bearish on PGMs.

The lastest FED announcement is being called the start of QE3. I thought the money involved didn't sound a lot. This helps explain it.

http://goldstocksforex.com/2012/09/1...impact-of-qe3/

Another way of looking at it.
    Last edited by elZorro; 15-09-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Banned

On HC, you'll truly see the 'voice of the herd' on the gold forum. Only a few times in your life you'll see that, intolerance of the opposing point of view, an indication that saturation level is near.

Another indication that the end might be in sight are the unreasonable expectations for gold and silver and that this run-up is the 'big one', they're on the road to riches, there's no obstacle in sight, symptomatic of tulipmania.

There's no hint of caution out there, the goldbugs are 'all in', and in manias cash is regarded as a totally unattractive alternative.

It was a bit like this when silver hit $49 last year, and then plunged to $26.

The other thing that strikes me as odd is that gold and silver are almost completely correlated with stocks, when the opposite should be the case.

The herd's stampeding right now, best to get out of the way or you get run over. I've taken a lot of money off the table in the last few weeks, it's too scary for me, stocks up a lot.

Some commentators are guessing that the S&P could end the year around 1100, which is a big drop from here, so I'm having a bet both ways, it could get ugly.

$40 billion a month is nothing in the big picture of the American economy, but it will ensure interest rates stay lower for longer, hardly making precious metals a winner.

http://people.hofstra.edu/jean-paul_...%20Bubbles.pdf

Where are we now? The return to 'normal'?
    Last edited by Skol; 16-09-2012 at 07:58 AM.