sharetrader
Page 418 of 869 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fudosan View Post
    Sorry if this question has been asked before. I know this is the ASX section but I couldn't find a similar thread in the NZX section. Where is a good source for discussion of gold and gold-related investment in NZ? Thanks.
    Fudosan, you are right, there is no gold thread like this on the NZX side. So we make do over here. You are most welcome here of course, where the company may be familiar and the arguments circular, but we're still learning something and open to new suggestions .

The Moneychanger found this:

I came across this crystalline assessment of recent events from Clive Maund at http://tinyurl.com/9plwgwu

"Last week was a momentous one when the financial world passed the point of no return. Right after a German court cleared the way for massive European QE to get underway, steamrollering opposition from German politicians and the German public in the process, the Fed announced not just QE3, which was expected, but open-ended and unlimited QE and suppression of interest rates over a longer timeframe. The Fed has declared open warfare not just against the dollar and savers in general, but against the entire American middle and lower classes, who will be progressively stripped of their assets and impoverished, the better to serve the interests of the banking class and the elites at large."
    If the FED is a banking cartel, then this is their agenda, it is not in the best interests of most Americans.

Guru

fudosan-the best we can do ATM is keep tabs on the performance in general and the reasons why and then apply that to the $kiwi[the exchange rate obviously plays a part]
    Gold has risen everywhere due to QE3 but to a greater extent in $US than $AUS or even $KIWI due to both being a bit stronger ATM.
    You can check on the buy gold at gold money site. Its shows the spot price and can be done in any currency[just put in $KIWI] There is also a site where you can see charts gold vs any currency[forgot where AM] I think its incredible charts

I started recording price of gold in 2008 when it was selling at US$911. Few days ago it hit 1770. I didn't do anything even though I was convinced money printing will eventually push up prices of all real assets/commodities. I found storing gold the biggest issue. Now I'm even more convinced inflation will be in store. Therefore, I'd like to learn how to invest in gold in NZ. Is anyone here investing in gold?

I started recording price of gold in 2008 when it was selling at US$911. Few days ago it hit 1770. I didn't do anything even though I was convinced money printing will eventually push up prices of all real assets/commodities. I found storing gold the biggest issue. Now I'm even more convinced inflation will be in store. Therefore, I'd like to learn how to invest in gold in NZ. Is anyone here investing in gold?
    Indirectly through gold mining companies such as OGC. https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/securities/OGC

That's a good suggestion, gonzo56. I've been listening to FinancialSense.com for years and they say while gold and silver are doing well the mining stocks in the US are under-valued. Is it similar in NZ? Is OGC the only gold/silver mining stock in NZ? Who are the large players here? How do they compete with Newmont etc? Sorry that I'm asking so many questions. There is just a lot about the NZ stock market that I don't know as a newbie.

That's a good suggestion, gonzo56. I've been listening to FinancialSense.com for years and they say while gold and silver are doing well the mining stocks in the US are under-valued. Is it similar in NZ? Is OGC the only gold/silver mining stock in NZ? Who are the large players here? How do they compete with Newmont etc? Sorry that I'm asking so many questions. There is just a lot about the NZ stock market that I don't know as a newbie.
    asx gold explorers / neartime producers seem the most undervalued.

Banned

If you think gold is headed for higher highs, go for it.

An army of experts assured everyone on a daily basis that the boom leading up to the GFC couldn't possibly crash like other booms because this one was ongoing, whereas all other booms had ended.

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    asx gold explorers / neartime producers seem the most undervalued.
    What are some of the names?

Legend

What are some of the names?
    Hi Fudosan, Newmont and Oceana Gold are the two big players in NZ. OGC in particular is on a steady ramp upwards at the moment, looks a safe bet for the meantime (also ASX listed). Of the small players in NZ, Glass Earth (GEL) and New Talisman (NTL) might be the only ones publicly listed (I stand to be corrected). They are both small, but GEL would be worth more research, and timing here could be very good, as they are keenly mining gold through GRUs, and are about to update on progress there.

Gold poised to move higher..

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/com...us_760512.html

Thanks elZorro. Very useful information helping me to know where to start my research. Much appreciated.