sharetrader
Page 441 of 869 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Banned

No I'm not referring to the '80's I'm referring to the present gold bubble.

I didn't get burned in the '80's but plenty did, the chart below isn't what you would call a 'gradual rise'.

It's a classic financial bubble.

What you're telling me is that "it's different this time".

Hahahaha, yeah, right!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skol; 24-02-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Good thing that your here to warn us Skol--since 2009 LOL

LOL yes enjoy it while it lasts skol ,I think we've seen the bottom for the year and before the years out we will see a new all time high ...like you said nothing goes in a straight line ....I'm 85% sure this will happen ...but if it did crash below 1500 then I would be worried .....have been buying a few cheap RMS shares of late and if PGI goes to plan I'll be buying more(planned low prod costs 1300 hedge in place .....did shift much of my funds towards the Oil & Gas sector few months back which meant I sold down some of the PGM exposure ...great buying IMHO
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    No I'm not referring to the '80's I'm referring to the present gold bubble.

I didn't get burned in the '80's but plenty did, the chart below isn't what you would call a 'gradual rise'.

It's a classic financial bubble.

What you're telling me is that "it's different this time".

Hahahaha, yeah, right!
    Same Same -but different

Do you have the same enlightened view of the sharemarket bubble?

Are you waiting for the sharemarket to crash back down to where it was in 1920?

Or the $US to crash down to where it was in 1920?

Or is it different this time

And then ofcourse there is the time line-- Im sure those who took your advice back in 2009 are maybe starting to get a bit impatient with open ended predictions

The earth is going to be destroyed-this is a 100% mathematical certainty,but attach a timeline to this and things get a bit more fuzzy

History repeats itself-----Everything is always different-the earth is an ever changing organism--Its a paradox

If things go well in Italy and the US has some optimistic economic indicators,then most likely gold will drop-
    I think the bears are in charge ATM but not big time.

But a drop down to $1000 or your $760oz....Ahhh .I dont think so

On Skol's chart the present correction looks similar to the correction from $1000 back to $750 in 2008. That was 25%. The sky did not fall in then either. From $1900 to $1740 =$160 drop or around 8.5% today is not going to cause the sky to drop either. The paper money printing continues.

Time for GOLD to once again move past 1600 maybe tonight
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

And away we go 1612

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    And away we go 1612
    Over $1620, it's a sharp move that usually means some kind of an announcement from the FED. US$ fairly static.

http://www.ino.com/blog/2013/02/stoc...kes-testimony/

Banned

Nothing goes down in a straight line.

In 1980 gold fell from $850 to $670, rose to $750, fell to $500 and then rose again to $750.

All the goldbugs went "whew, thank God that's over", but then the rot really set in with a slow grind down to $300.

A fall of 65% from top to bottom.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Nothing goes down in a straight line.

In 1980 gold fell from $850 to $670, rose to $750, fell to $500 and then rose again to $750.

All the goldbugs went "whew, thank God that's over", but then the rot really set in with a slow grind down to $300.

A fall of 65% from top to bottom.
    Fair enough Skol, but surely there's a lot of hidden inflation ready to go here. The only thing capping it, is the public's ability to pay more.

Anyway, goldie share holders need to see gold heading in the correct direction. We'll wish it up if we have to..

Banned

EZ,

God luck with your wishing, the only real money made recently is with share certificates or whatever they call them these days.

The USD's on the way up and inflation's a dead duck.