sharetrader
Page 457 of 871 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I don't think there's much doubt about there being some manipulation. These were paper trades, and it's easy to set up a shorting contract to make the most of some negative noises about gold that had surfaced in the week previously. But buying at the new lower prices has been strong.

Ok so it's easy to set up a shorting contract, then the large companies that produce gold are likely to have done it , so the bit where Terry says "This is causing deep stresses for goldminers" would be wrong as these companies would have set up the contract and hedged their future sale price for their production ..........

Banned

Manipulation's a load of bollocks, goldbugs are always grizzling. Gold goes down, it's 'manipulation', gold doesn't go up it's 'manipulation'.

What always amuses me is that goldbugs own something that's being allegedly being 'manipulated'.
    Why would you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Manipulation's a load of bollocks, goldbugs are always grizzling. Gold goes down, it's 'manipulation', gold doesn't go up it's 'manipulation'.

What always amuses me is that goldbugs own something that's being allegedly being 'manipulated'.
    Why would you do that?
    Well thats your opinion skol fact is the biggest sell-off in Gold in 30yrs happen in such a way to show it was purely done to push the price down with only a few massive orders some 500ton which in turn hit stop-losses ....mass media & Government jumped on the ban-wangon and talked up major crash in PGM ...Fact is buying of the real PGM has never been stronger 50:1 buyers to sellers stated in the US(U.S. retail buyers bought 63,500 ozs of gold American eagles from the U.S. mint. This is by far a one-day record.... etc .....why aren't there sellers lining outside the bullion shops SKOL ?? I talked to three major bullion sellers "NZ mint" etc...last week was the busiest this year....you remember last time Gold crashed (you go on about it enough) whats going on ? if it's next to worthless ....I don't think the masses believe you or the Governments Anti-PGM stance
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Looks like GOLD is just not going play the game the Naked shorters want (which is for the world to drop it like it's the early 80's crash all over again...) Sorry not happening after billion fiat dollars thrown at it.....back it comes $1435oz
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Nothing goes down in a straight line, give it time.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Looks like GOLD is just not going play the game the Naked shorters want (which is for the world to drop it like it's the early 80's crash all over again...) Sorry not happening after billion fiat dollars thrown at it.....back it comes $1435oz
    Hi JBmurc,

Have been having a great read these last few weeks about gold as a field of investment that I have previously not touched since I first entered the sharemarket in 1984. In fact this very recent collapsed has me reading all this site and the reference material you poster have supplied.Also googled it and read more.
    The upshot is that I have become one of the thousands who have entered the gold market, by buying shares in mining companies that have faired the worst with this falling gold price. In fact I would say it looks to me like the buy of the century.
    Have bought TRY, NTL NTLOA and GEL Interested in MOD So i guess indirectly I am one of those that is not playing ball with the Naked short sellers. And by the way I did like the article that said it was the FED as no one else has billions of fiat money to play in the hope to get there results.Also would say that the FED people would not have done this if the money came out of their own pocket. Of coarse it is easy for the FED as they are just printing it---what to hell.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Hi JBmurc,

Have been having a great read these last few weeks about gold as a field of investment that I have previously not touched since I first entered the sharemarket in 1984. In fact this very recent collapsed has me reading all this site and the reference material you poster have supplied.Also googled it and read more.
    The upshot is that I have become one of the thousands who have entered the gold market, by buying shares in mining companies that have faired the worst with this falling gold price. In fact I would say it looks to me like the buy of the century.
    Have bought TRY, NTL NTLOA and GEL Interested in MOD So i guess indirectly I am one of those that is not playing ball with the Naked short sellers. And by the way I did like the article that said it was the FED as no one else has billions of fiat money to play in the hope to get there results.Also would say that the FED people would not have done this if the money came out of their own pocket. Of coarse it is easy for the FED as they are just printing it---what to hell.
    I'm jealous of your timing digger ...many of us PGM investors will need 30%+ just to get back to square one on many of our shares...

As for the FED once you look closer at the connection's more it comes apparent it's not there for the people but for the major shareholders one of which is JP Morgan.... the same guys that will be the major's involved in Naked shorting PGM and the controller of the biggest silver bullion hold in SLV.....all very cosy...but for how long

-history on the privately owned FED
    http://theunjustmedia.com/Banking%20...ly%20owned.htm

-Obama gave the FED the right to create up to 80 billion a month ...for free with no date in time to stop ?
    not hard to see where those with interest's in the FED get their funds from...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 23-04-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Watched this doco by CBC Canada today, I'm no gold bug but I thought it was quite interesting, esp the part about how gold was treated in WW2.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...ret-world-gold

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspar View Post
    Watched this doco by CBC Canada today, I'm no gold bug but I thought it was quite interesting, esp the part about how gold was treated in WW2.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...ret-world-gold
    Cheers Kaspar. Found this item, worth reading through - contrary to what Skol would have us believe, there is phenomenal interest in buying gold worldwide at the current price. It won't stay down there for long.

https://d21uq3hx4esec9.cloudfront.ne...013_TTMYGH.pdf

Paul Volcker stated back in 1980 that the mistake we made was not getting control of the gold price sooner (of course the gold price at that time had gone from $35 in 1971 to $850 a mere 9 years later)

looks like they have taken action of late