sharetrader
Page 461 of 874 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 8733

Thread: Gold

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    EZ,

Shorting raid, another conspiracy theory, how about some evidence, no one here has EVER provided any solid evidence of concerted manipulation, and JPM won a court case recently by a group of burned silver 'investors' alleging manipulation.

When will gold resume its downward trend? Hard to say, but can't be too far away, gold hasn't recovered, lots of suckers seem to have been buying coins, but they will probably be unsophisticated punters who think its hit bottom. Coins might be in demand but gold is certainly isn't at ETFs, there's record outflows.

ABN Amro must have been reading my posts, they predict $1300 at the end of 2013, $1000 by Dec 2104 and $800 in 2015.

http://www.businessinsider.com/banki...se-2013-4?IR=T
    Skol - it's strange you don't think there has been a concerted shorting attack on gold, when virtually every commentator has mentioned it. Including this one.

http://www.ino.com/blog/2013/04/golds-plunge-ultimately-healthy-for-the-sector-michael-gray/

If the paper trades on gold far outweigh the gold that is physically available on a given day, eventually the reluctance of miners to bring their gold out of the ground for a firesale price will restore some balance. Gold dropped to $1350 and recovered to $1450 quite quickly. $1200 an ounce is most miners' bottom line. I think you're dreaming if you expect gold to ever go down below $1200 again. If it does, it won't be there for long.

ABX (Barrick) is today at $20 or so, down from $35. It's plumbed a depth not even seen in late 2008. Of course it climbed back out of that fairly quickly last time. There might be lots of shorters waiting for gold to get back to $1500 to have another go, according to the Moneychanger. It's just a matter of how long that sentiment runs for, and if the rest of the world's economies manage to keep themselves afloat on a sea of paper money.

Until energy costs markedly reduce instead of trending upwards, gold should also trend upwards. IMHO.
    Last edited by elZorro; 01-05-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Guru

Skid,

Must be a bit frustrating watching stocks worldwide go through the roof while gold stagnates.

I see you're into the usual conspiracy theories, the CIA, the military, the Fed, Bernanke etc.

Since 1990, the DJIA has increased 5.88 times, gold 3.65 times, and the DJIA doesn't include dividends.
    Skol,
    Must be a bit frustrating that we can always go back to post #1 and see what a horrendous track record you have at predicting the price of Gold.
    Those who do not look at history have no choice but to label things as conspiracy theories-it makes them feel better.
    Those that spin the propaganda must be delighted that you and others have swallowed it, hook line and sinker.
    Anyway,enough of that..we all choose what to believe, based on the research we do[or lack of it],and after this slight deviation,its back to the subject at hand rather than individuals.
    FMOC meeting coming up--should affect gold.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Skol,
    Must be a bit frustrating that we can always go back to post #1 and see what a horrendous track record you have at predicting the price of Gold.
    Those who do not look at history have no choice but to label things as conspiracy theories-it makes them feel better.
    Those that spin the propaganda must be delighted that you and others have swallowed it, hook line and sinker.
    Anyway,enough of that..we all choose what to believe, based on the research we do[or lack of it],and after this slight deviation,its back to the subject at hand rather than individuals.
    FMOC meeting coming up--should affect gold.
    Well show me some real evidence of manipulation, it's a load of Schiff and always has been, it's a hardy annual of morons like Jim Sinclair whenever gold goes down.

Bet you can't!!!!!!!

Gold bugs cite manipulation as their failure to make money, but even cash in the bank is thrashing gold.

The true suckers will be the ones that sold Gold/PGM shares at there all time low prices to then see them trade mutiables higher in the years ahead.....

As for manipulation go to 11mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVdHsAWDrAk
    (CFTC reg. state there is manipulation)

But I guess you think banks never manipulated rates either SKOL LOL even though they were fined billions for it...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 01-05-2013 at 10:29 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Default Old article but isn't it the truth .........

Gold margins getting tight, says Gold Fields chief
    Date
    July 31, 2012
    Read later
    Peter Ker

The wave of rationalisation that is starting to emerge among the major diversified miners will soon spread to the gold sector, as soaring costs and labour shortages begin to squeeze margins.

That warning from Nick Holland, the head of South African miner Gold Fields Limited, came this afternoon as the world's fourth biggest gold company addressed the Melbourne Mining Club.

Mr Holland criticised fellow gold producers for failing to include corporate and capital costs when publicising their profit margins, saying they were only fooling themselves and governments, who would duly seek to tap the industry for more taxes.

Mr Holland said rising energy, labour and production costs would virtually double costs in the next five years, and a gold price of close to $US2000 per ounce would be needed to keep pace.

If costs remain close to $US1600 where they have been in recent weeks, much of the industry would be "killed", he said, and many companies would have to pull back on projects.

"It may be that we have are going to have to see the sector rationalise before people believe us," he said.

Mr Holland said gold companies would have to start favouring dividends and returns to shareholders over marginal production if it is to win back investors, who have fled to gold-focused exchange traded funds in recent years.

Gold Fields is based in Johannesburg but operates the St Ives mine in Western Australia, and Mr Holland said he was looking for another mine in Australia.

Mr Holland said margins at St Ives were "tight" and the company would have to work hard to sustain that mine......

-------------------------------------------------------------===-=-=----=-=-=-------------------------------------------------------------------

the investors that see 700-800oz Gold are F'kn dreaming as it would wipe the sector out no production no more gold = more demand
    Last edited by JBmurc; 01-05-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

JB,

Yeah, I didn't watch the Youtube clip, I can't stand beady-eyed Max Keiser and dimwitted ditzy Stacey Herbert and all their conspiracy theories. Go on believing in manipulation, but you'll be pushing Schiff uphill to provide any hard evidence here about JPM, GS, CitiBank, the Fed, Bernanke, ad infinitum.
    Last edited by Skol; 01-05-2013 at 08:08 PM.

JB,

Yeah, I didn't watch the Youtube clip, I can't stand beady-eyed Max Keiser and dimwitted ditzy Stacey Herbert and all their conspiracy theories. Go on believing in manipulation, but you'll be pushing Schiff uphill to provide any hard evidence here about JPM, GS, CitiBank, the Fed, Bernanke, ad infinitum.
    well the evidence was in the clip but you keep those rose-tinted classes on ....

Banned

Why don't you find me some evidence from the Courts, or The Economist, Bloomberg, Reuters, CNN or someplace more reputable than Max Keiser and his harebrained sidekick. Not KWN or Mineweb either.

Hope you read ABN Amro's updated gold prediction - $800 in 2015 =~$12 silver.

Another bad day coming up for gold stocks, HUI -2.24%, GDX -2.27%, GDXJ -3.43%.
    Last edited by Skol; 02-05-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Guru

[QUOTE=Skol;404340]Well show me some real evidence of manipulation, it's a load of Schiff and always has been, it's a hardy annual of morons like Jim Sinclair whenever gold goes down.

Bet you can't!!!!!!!

If you look at my post you will not see anything about price manipulation--if you want to talk about the CIA and Military occupation-where do I start?
    Having said that ,my post was ''a moment of weakness'' in response to a rather provocative post..

Legend

Here's the Dow/Gold chart in a log format for the last 200 years, it's up to date. Lately Gold has recovered against the DOW, and the number is dropping back from 10. If you believe in the major oscillations of a chart like this, the trend downwards will continue for a while yet.
    Last edited by elZorro; 02-05-2013 at 09:15 AM.