sharetrader
Page 466 of 874 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 8732

Thread: Gold

I dont smoke or like garish lipstick...can I have something else please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    There's no difference, a new generation of goldbugs with some strange idea that the entire economic system is gonna collapse, they've pushed this barrow for years, it's really tedious, if it was going to happen it would have happened 5 years ago. The same as they bang on about confiscation and manipulation, but there isn't a shred of evidence, it's in their minds, they're brainwashed. The govt., or anyone else for that matter isn't interested in gold.

In the meantime of course, those that own equities.........................

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    No thats what massive increase of Fiat currencies does to a very limited amount of precious metal ...maybe you should read my signature again
    The gold mania was caused by loads of gullible punters listening to Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Mike Maloney and scores of other scamsters who sell gold. Ron Paul's been going on the offensive in the last few days apportioning blame for the collapse in gold prices on some secret committee in the Obama administration and Goldman Sachs. Why would the Obama administration have the slightest interest in the price of gold?

There isn't any evidence of course but we shouldn't let that spoil a good conspiracy theory.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    I dont smoke or like garish lipstick...can I have something else please?
    Birmanboy, how about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

LOL...Thank you Lord..... (Skol) everything in life I love..and all in one picture. I'm a happy boy
    Birmanboy, how about this?

Default Currency Wars ---

Attachment 4504

I see even here we are trying to lower are dollar with intervention
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

i reckon you didnt answer my question Skol - would you rather have the thing, or the promise to deliver the thing?

And clearly its not a case of owning either gold or equities.. I hear there is a neat concept called a 'portfolio of assets'.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    i reckon you didnt answer my question Skol - would you rather have the thing, or the promise to deliver the thing?.
    The promise to deliver the thing because it's more liquid and I can dump it with the push of a button. Who hasn't delivered? No ETF or company I know of.

Who hasn't delivered? No ETF or company I know of.
    Yeh thats right Skol. No company has ever defaulted L+LOL's .
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Yeh thats right Skol. No company has ever defaulted L+LOL's .
    OK, who hasn't delivered the gold recently?

OK, who hasn't delivered the gold recently?
    Based on a letter to clients over the weekend, it appears Dutch megabank ABN Amro is changing its precious metals custodian rules and "will no longer allow physical delivery." Have no fear, they reassuringly add, your account will be settled at the bid or offer price in the 'market' and "you need to do nothing" as "we have your investments in precious metals."

Changes in the handling of orders in bullion

On 1 April 2013,. ABN AMRO to another custodian for the precious metals gold, silver, platinum and palladium. This we your investments in precious metals otherwise handle and administer. In this letter you can read more about it.

What will change?

With the transition to the new custodian will include the following from 1 April 2013 for you to change.
    • You can have your precious metals to your investment account no longer physically let us extradite
    • Gives you order in precious metals via the giro ABN AMRO? Then the settlement of orders that henceforth performed at bid prices or at the offer prices prevailing on the market for precious metals. No longer based on the mid-price, as you used to.
    • The bid price is the price that merchants offer for precious metals that are offered for sale, so if you sell.
    • The ask price is the price at which traders want to sell precious metals, so if you buy.
    • We are the positions in these precious metals in your investment statements against future bid prices appreciate

You can read more about investing in precious metals in Chapter 4 (Supplementary conditions for investing in precious metals) of the Conditions Beleggersgiro. You can find these at abnamro.nl / Conditions invest

Should I do anything?

You need do nothing. We ensure that we have your investments in precious metals now the new way to handle and administer.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 09-05-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu