sharetrader
Page 478 of 871 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 8703

Thread: Gold

Skol, I did say Warren Buffet was great & I meant it. Can't think of a better investment over the last 20-30 years than BH shares, just phenomenal. QE? US possible downgrade? Anyway we can both keep banging on. Certainly be interesting to see what happens to POG tonight. I would imagine there are quite a few stops just above $1400 so if they are triggered could see another shot higher. Have to see them triggered first though...

HAH ..how you get "angry" out of my post just confirms the serious lack of judgement exibited.....but again a good diversionary tactic. Bit defensive are we...Goldbug is now to be referred to as "name calling". Your repeated reference to " massive sovereign debt issue the major economies of the world are facing & the impact of printing money." is just a red herring trotted out to blame the rise of Gold on something other than the real cause...which is speculation and pumping by assorted market manipulators. All designed to drag in the poor old suckers. God...how many times can you ignore the obvious.....oh..let me answer that...forever..its terminal denial and its just so tiresome to keep seeing. How about something original for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Birmanboy, you are obviously a very angry person. I don't feel hard down by at all I just don't resort to name calling etc. Just because I am bullish & have given the reasons why I am bullish doesn't make me a gold bug. I was bearish gold when it spiked through to $1920 & called it a bubble to all my clients, however like all traders I select when to be bullish & when to be bearish & now I am bullish. I notice you again ignore the question re the massive sovereign debt issue the major economies of the world are facing & the impact of printing money.

Skol, you may think it has no value, the great Warren Buffett may think it has no value, however a lot of people see it as money or the only true hard currency. I see it as a currency with no boarders or any government printing press, although 2700 tons is produced annually. Again I hear no basis for your stance on gold other than its in a bubble & no acknowledgement of the massive sovereign debt issue that the US, Japan & Europe are facing or what effect printing money will have on their currencies or withdrawal of QE will have on equity markets. You say you can read market bubbles, I think you are swept up in one in the US equity market, being pumped up by QE. Anyway Skol, I appreciate your views & it wouldn't be a market without differing ones. Cheers Daytr

PT..you just dont get it.....its not just a tradeable instrument..its a religion. An old time, praise the Lord, bang the pulpit, get down on your knees sinner and repent..religion. Give it the respect it deserves or be forever cast into the fires of the dammed. ...(So help me God)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    In my ignorance I fail to understand why you can not just buy it if it is in an uptrend and sell it when it is not. It's just stuff after all.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: Once had a 9 carat gold wedding ring but after 25 years now have a silver one.

Birmanboy, you would be a great candidate for being a goldbug, you refer to market manipulators, hmmm where I have I heard that before oh, yes by the goldbugs. Massive sovereign debt is a red herring, wow I've never heard it called that before, really I never have. So it doesn't exist or just isn't a problem? If the US gets downgraded & I am only saying if, then it will have ramifications for the USD & US debt pricing. This is a story imo that will only get bigger in the coming months.

Banned

Daytr,

I've had a look at your posts on HC, it's shameless goldbug scaremongering, but WTF, let the PM fans 'back the truck up'. More entertainment.............

When gold and silver plumb new unheard of depths I'm not sure you'll be so welcome, but I'll always be here for the debate if it makes you feel better.
    Last edited by Skol; 21-05-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    In my ignorance I fail to understand why you can not just buy it if it is in an uptrend and sell it when it is not. It's just stuff after all.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: Once had a 9 carat gold wedding ring but after 25 years now have a silver one.
    PT, you have my utmost respect of course. I don't have any gold holdings, just an interest in a couple of small explorers. But this thread is worth looking at, because the economies of the world, in particular the US, are reflected in the behaviour of the gold price. When traders get scared, gold goes up. Often dramatically, like last night. If anyone knew for certain what gold was going to do over the next few years, they couldn't help but do well from the information. It's also a sort of a proxy for learning about economics. Some will choose not to delve too deeply (not you, I hasten to add) and will regale us with the same homilies and pub talk, ad infinitum. That's OK too.

How many times do I have to repeat myself....well obviously way more than one could hope for. Terminally, day in day out. How completely and utterly boring for myself and my guess is anyone else reading this thread. Believe what you want. Ignore the reality of the cause of the huge rise and blame whatever you want..its self delusion as far as I'm concerned. However you are allowed to believe what you want. Lets just focus on the one undeniable fact. Its causing a lot of people to lose a lot of money. End of story. End of the "golden weather".. lets move onto an investment that is less volatile and doesnt cause so much damage. You can buy it or invest in its miners or whatever as much as you like but selling it as an "investment" is just reprehensible.
    Birmanboy, you would be a great candidate for being a goldbug, you refer to market manipulators, hmmm where I have I heard that before oh, yes by the goldbugs. Massive sovereign debt is a red herring, wow I've never heard it called that before, really I never have. So it doesn't exist or just isn't a problem? If the US gets downgraded & I am only saying if, then it will have ramifications for the USD & US debt pricing. This is a story imo that will only get bigger in the coming months.

Suggest you get out of the kitchen the Birmanboy. Yep its volatile as hell, always has been always will be. Gold can be a cruel mistress & silver is its even meaner sister. People lose a lot of money & others make a lot, its all part of the equation. Reprehensible huh, wow there you go again. Investing in mining including gold mining is exactly that an investment. Some of my gold stocks even pay dividends.

Anyway night all, be interesting to see where we end up tomorrow, well for me at least it will be interesting... haha

Oh EZ get your nose out of his butt...its so unbecoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    PT, you have my utmost respect of course. I don't have any gold holdings, just an interest in a couple of small explorers. But this thread is worth looking at, because the economies of the world, in particular the US, are reflected in the behaviour of the gold price. When traders get scared, gold goes up. Often dramatically, like last night. If anyone knew for certain what gold was going to do over the next few years, they couldn't help but do well from the information. It's also a sort of a proxy for learning about economics. Some will choose not to delve too deeply (not you, I hasten to add) and will regale us with the same homilies and pub talk, ad infinitum. That's OK too.

SO people "lose a lot of money" somehow that doesnt fit into most peoples idea of what investing should look like. Avast there all you manly pirates... invest with me Daytr and lets see whatya made of. Ya might make money or not but sure as hell you'll get some hair on ya chest
    Suggest you get out of the kitchen the Birmanboy. Yep its volatile as hell, always has been always will be. Gold can be a cruel mistress & silver is its even meaner sister. People lose a lot of money & others make a lot, its all part of the equation. Reprehensible huh, wow there you go again. Investing in mining including gold mining is exactly that an investment. Some of my gold stocks even pay dividends.

Anyway night all, be interesting to see where we end up tomorrow, well for me at least it will be interesting... haha