sharetrader
Page 480 of 871 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Way to go Skol!

Serious question...wouldn't it be more fun flying something like a 737 around on short hops, where you actually get to do a bit more real flying?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Chung View Post
    Way to go Skol!

Serious question...wouldn't it be more fun flying something like a 737 around on short hops, where you actually get to do a bit more real flying?
    Always been long-haul, DC8's, DC10's, don't mind working all night but getting up early in the morning and doing 6 sectors doesn't do much for me, and most of the time you end up back at the same place. Prefer to overnite in a big city than some provincial place, avoiding airport traffic 4 days a week, that's how I got into shares, financial matters, bubble watching, the gold debate, etc, plenty of time in big cities to read the FT, NY Times, Frankfurter Allgemeine, HNL Star-Advertiser, SFO Examiner, WSJ ,etc. Better restaurants too. lol

Hoping I was gonna go the -8, but don't think so.
    Last edited by Skol; 22-05-2013 at 12:37 PM.

HC, I know the guys at Regis very well, a great management team who delivered with Equigold & now Regis & they have an ex Hill 50 man on the board as well, a Kiwi I might add! Not sure if we have seen the bottom yet in regards POG, although the $1320 area should now act as support. I still think we may see $1250ish. What I have noticed is generally what I would deem the better junior & mid tier gold producers seem to have bottomed at least for now anyway & some are on the rise if only slightly. The ones with not so low cost are still vulnerable in my book. Good luck!

So what did I miss from karlos? haha Sorry I shouldn't ask don't want anyone else to get in trouble.

Disappointing night for gold with stops above $1400 not even attempted, lets see where Asia takes it in a few hours. I bet I know where Skol thinks they will take it. haha

Not sure if many of you saw this, however some hedge funds although maybe leaving or shorting gold are loading up on call options on miners & Soros on junior miners. Admittedly $25M is not a lot for Soros, although it is a stack of call options in what would be very low priced shares.

http://bullmarketthinking.com/gold-b...ons-on-miners/

Banned

What will ultimately be the goldbugs undoing is their doggedness, their belief in a great crash, manipulation, and Fed incompetence, it's a religion, a cult even, that will see diehard goldbugs ride it all the way to the very bottom, determined to prove that they're right and everyone else is wrong. Most goldbugs will be overweight too, because gold is going to $2000, $4000, $10,000, $50,000 and one dude reckons $1m/oz, a classic get-rich-quick-scheme.

You'd think a $550 correction would cure them, a few have flaked off, reeling from losses on their 'goldies', many having followed the flawed gold purchases by the central banks who are licking their wounds as well.

Agree, Skol, Goldbugs that have an unhealthy relationship with gold. That's why I got out of gold stocks when it was shooting for the stratosphere of $1920. Its just my personal view is its about time to get back in, partially at least as I agree it could still go lower yet, however it will be interesting if $1320 holds for a 3rd time, may or may not. One thing I find ironic is that you seem as strong a conviction or the equivalent of a gold atheist as the gold bugs are religious about it. I admit I find gold fascinating as it brings out an incredible amount of passion from both gold bulls & bears. To me its just an asset that probably should have little or no value, however a lot & I mean a lot of the world think otherwise & the CBs of Japan, Europe & the US are doing their best to devalue their own currencies. Incidently deliberately devaluing your currency was once a treasonable offence...

Skol, why don't you see if you can get a job for Cargolux? B747-8F's so no self loading freight (passengers) which makes life easier. An extensive list of destinations you never wanted to go to plus some good overnights. I was a flying spanner for them for a few years and we had quite a few expats living the dream. They used to come through AKL twice a week but I think thats over for now. I remember one of our FO's saying he looked at a job at AIR but their captains salary is only the same as CV FO's.

You'd have to learn how to make your own coffee though!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Skol, why don't you see if you can get a job for Cargolux? B747-8F's so no self loading freight (passengers) which makes life easier. An extensive list of destinations you never wanted to go to plus some good overnights. I was a flying spanner for them for a few years and we had quite a few expats living the dream. They used to come through AKL twice a week but I think thats over for now. I remember one of our FO's saying he looked at a job at AIR but their captains salary is only the same as CV FO's.

You'd have to learn how to make your own coffee though!
    Thanks for the info, but I'm just about over the flying bug, started in the Pacific in 1969, gonna retire end of next year, enjoy the gold debate more than I do staring out the window at 0300hrs.

Fair enough too. Enjoy that time!