sharetrader
Page 499 of 873 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 8725

Thread: Gold

Banned

Yeah, but it's such a lot of codswallop I prefer to watch something educational like The Normans.

Instead of worrying about the USA you should be worrying about China, that's one place that really is likely to implode.

I suppose you even support that traitor Snowden, now stuck in the Moscow transit lounge with no passport and cut loose by the Ecuadoreans. A comfy cell in Fort Leavenworth must be looking better all the time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Not all goldbugs are nutters, but all nutters are goldbugs."....................Anonymous.
    Last edited by Skol; 01-07-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Instead of worrying about the USA you should be worrying about China, that's one place that really is likely to implode.....

If China did implode it will drag everyone down ...for one they have over one trillion USD in the reserves they could dump to help out..

worth a watch one funny aussie how he sees it US vs China--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLuBA66xc0c
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    COMEX inventory's keeps going down ....??? this shouldn't be happening ....aren't we in a major BEAR gold market ...Gold crashed the most since 1980 ...!! Spec shorts at all time high ....commercial longs increasing ....
    Look at the basis margin. It has more than halved. Shorters have shifted to leasing because gold owners are getting more income from leasing than from basis margins. Leasing does not require Comex warehoused gold. Not at all surprising that Comex stocks decline in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Halebop View Post
    Look at the basis margin. It has more than halved. Shorters have shifted to leasing because gold owners are getting more income from leasing than from basis margins. Leasing does not require Comex warehoused gold. Not at all surprising that Comex stocks decline in this scenario.
    So we could see Comex stocks continue to fall because major gold holders are leasing their gold out ...so many a vault operator's can earn extra income by leasing out gold and silver that it knows it will never be required to produce for delivery....smart move just don't tell the guys that your holding the gold for ...aka Germany

latest from the Comex--

"The information in this report is taken from sources believed to be reliable; however, the Commodity Exchange, Inc. disclaims all liability whatsoever with regard to its accuracy or completeness. This report is produced for information purposes only." - disclaimer now posted on the Comex gold and silver daily warehouse stock report as of Monday, June 3, 2013.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I don't know the answer but the more interesting question for me is why have basis margins collapsed?

Banned

Let's keep it simple JB, you're reading too much into the trivia like the goldbugs have a habit of doing. All the trillions of words the goldbugs have written about how the world is about to arrive at financial Armageddon have come to SFA.

I will quote from a book I have here just to remind you:

"In the late 1970's, people seriously believed that money would become worthless because of accelerating inflation."

The big picture is that the world is progressing quite normally given that we've had a very problematic recession, however deleveraging is taking place on a massive scale and QE is going to end, it always was, nothing lasts forever and neither is the gold and silver mania, with silver declining 62% from it's peak, must really suck for those overexposed to it.

Psychology is the key and for precious metals, it's shot to bits, gold punters are going to sell all the way until it hits the bottom. Most 'investors', particularly retail , buy at the top and sell at the bottom, and so in this case have the 'experts', the central banks. The goldbugs have made a big deal about the central banks buying and been trying to emulate them, but the cenral banksters have been amongst the biggest losers, and it's not the first time, it's all been done before.

Legend

This is way above me, but are you guys talking about this type of spread profit-taking?

http://monetary-metals.com/why-is-go...ex-warehouses/

I can see that it could have a big effect on the gold price, yet the original seller of the leased gold loses no money, it's all sorted.

Mr Wiegand tries to put Skol on the back foot..conspiracy..

http://www.ino.com/blog/2013/06/roge...orld-for-gold/
    Last edited by elZorro; 01-07-2013 at 09:17 PM.

'Unprecedented' $80 Billion Pulled From Bond Funds

"A record amount of money poured out of exchange-traded and mutual bond funds in June, according to a fresh report by TrimTabs, nearly double the amount pulled out of bond funds at the height of the financial crisis in October 2008"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100855508

No your right skol nothing to worry about sleep easy... the powers at be will take care of everything...just do as your told..be a good little sheep now.LOL

You love taking about your great ability to spot bubble's in history but you never talk about the biggest in modern history which is the BOND BUBBLE
    Last edited by JBmurc; 01-07-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Some players in the financial world think gold isa bubble. We need more study. I believe at different times there will be different crisis such as currency crisis, gold and oil crisis, credit and banking crisis and housing crisis in the coming three decades. In some period some assets can become bubble due to over speculation and when all money including hot money chases those assets. Both AUD and NZD became bubble currencies due to over speculation and hot money.

Now Both AUD and NZD dollar has entered a multi-year bear cycle. Similarly gold has entered a multiyear bear cycle. I am bullish on new assets including emerging commodities and global stocks in all types of markets in the coming decade. I am also bullish on USD and few other currencies. For me money flow, crowd behavior and crowd thinking etc are very important to have some estimation on future targets. Nobody can predict 100% correctly in this financial world. There are so many instruments in the financial world as well.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2013/04/15/the-gold-bubble-pops-others-will-follow/
    The Gold Bubble Pops, Others Will Follow
    http://au.businessinsider.com/gold-open-interest-shows-bubble-2013-6
    The Chart That Best Illustrates How Gold Was ABubble
    http://www.ibtimes.com/gold-bubble-real-says-societe-generale-calling-1200oz-q4-1310191#
    Gold Bubble ForReal Says Societe Generale, Calling For $1,200/Oz. In Q4
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/100847575
    Has Gold Entered a Long Term Bear Market?
    My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sellany security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior tomaking any investment decisions. Please note that I do not endorse or takeresponsibility for material in the above hyper-linked sites.

Last edited by Valuegrowth; 01-07-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    No your right skol nothing to worry about sleep easy... the powers at be will take care of everything...just do as your told..be a good little sheep now.LOL
    Let's see who the sheeple are:

Last 12 months:

DJIA +16%
    N225 +48%
    DAX +27%
    FTSE +8%
    CAC +13%
    XJO +16%
    ---------------

Gold -24%
    Silver -29%
    HUI -46%