sharetrader
Page 511 of 871 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Guru

America used to make things--Now they just have their hands in someone elses pockets

Banned

I've just been reading an article in the WSJ for those that think this is going to be the 'Chinese century'.

The pollution there is so bad according to one author who's studied it , that it's got the potential to bring down the Communist Party.

China will overtake the USA, hahahaha, you guys are hilarious.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

As China slowly but surely destroys its farmland with pollutants and the general populace get the idea that they're being poisoned, it will be very beneficial to the USA, Australia and NZ, we can make up the shortfall. The USA can produce enormous amounts of crops if it needs to, including rice.

Maybe the Chinese are hoarding gold hedging their bets, anticipating an imminent Communist Party implosion and subsequent Yugoslavia-style civil war.
    Last edited by Skol; 29-07-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Hey Skol, all empires come to an end and the US 'empire' is on the wane. Detroit is just a symptom of what is wrong with the US economy that got fat & lazy. China has its issues no doubt & pollution is certainly one of them however I have no doubt its economy will overtake the US, but each to their own opinion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Hey Skol, all empires come to an end and the US 'empire' is on the wane. Detroit is just a symptom of what is wrong with the US economy that got fat & lazy. China has its issues no doubt & pollution is certainly one of them however I have no doubt its economy will overtake the US, but each to their own opinion.
    Spoken like a true goldbug.

Nothing's perfect, but a one-party, communist, totalitarian state will not overtake the USA, anyone with an ounce of common sense will know that daytr.

From what I've read, any Chinese family with money has another house in another country, I doubt that you'll find people scrambling to buy houses in the PRC. LOL

SPDR Gold Trust down 43 tons for the month of july. so far.
    Last edited by Skol; 30-07-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Banned

Attachment 4668

Daytr,

An apartment building that's fallen down in Shanghai.

Maybe you can buy yourself a well designed apartment in the PRC. lol
    Last edited by Skol; 29-07-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Legend

Many whites in rural USA are in poverty.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/exclus...175906005.html

Not such a rosy-looking picture.

Banned

Attachment 4669
    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

Yes EZ, apparently many people in NZ are in poverty too, but there's so much activity around here that there's signs on the side of the road advertising for truck drivers, digger and scraper operators..

Forget about the USA and look in your own backyard.

Oh, I forgot to mention, in 2010 there were 180,000 riots in China, in their language, 'mass incidents', an average of 493/day. Since 2010 the number of 'mass incidents' has been a state secret.

Since 2011, 6 bridges have collapsed in China due to poor construction or overloading.
    Last edited by Skol; 30-07-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

I wouldn't believe that nonsense for 1 minute EZ. If the USA is one of the world's richest countries, then that means the rest of the world is in poverty. What a load of codswallop

"I think it's going to get worse", said Irene Salyers, aged 52 married and divorced 3 times.

If you get married and divorced 3 times, there's a fair chance you're not going to be very well off.

And here is the rebuttal:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/no-80-...145652504.html

Notice it uses the word 'mendacious', which means untruthful or lying.
    Last edited by Skol; 30-07-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Skol, there have been a fair few bridge collapses in the US of late as well & there's houses falling into sink holes. Funny enough the US decaying infrastructure has been an opportunity to the US has failed to capture to bring jobs & growth into the economy & a much faster rate. The problem is the Government & individual States have so much debt they can't maintain them let alone replace. What they need to do is Government guarantee privatized funding to do a major rebuild of the infrastructure, a real opportunity missed imo. Agree on what you say about the riots / social unrest in China though it is a real risk to the economy going forward. My view is that China will be more & more liberalized over time to appease the social unrest, however if they don't I agree it could be a major issue for them. Probably right up their with gun crime in the US! LOL

Banned

Looks like the US housing bust is over.

The S&P/Case-Schiller Index shows home prices rose 12.2% vs a year ago. The biggest 12 month gain since March 2006.