sharetrader
Page 521 of 871 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 8703

Thread: Gold

If we break & hold $1350 I think speccys get on board & we see gold go quickly higher for another $50-80. Big technical level at $1350 imo.

Wow that's a lot of selling for the market to take & yet it appears to have done it quite easily with gold still recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    John Paulson finally throws in the towel.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...sells-out.html

Thursday night when I was trading gold was more often than not rally night. There seemed no rhyme or reason why we looked into it numerous times to figure out why more often than not that Thursday nights would see a big push higher. Could be wrong, but just get the feeling we are going to push through $1350 tonight as gold seems to keep pushing back to the top od resistance over the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    seen how low the volume of those trades are though? and what good news is ahead that will push it through that huge $1350 hurdle? pray, do tell...

seen how low the volume of those trades are though? and what good news is ahead that will push it through that huge $1350 hurdle? pray, do tell...
    Well many reason but the most likely is the fact if the Q.E is tapered or stopped the markets will crash ....I personal see it as pure grand-standing ....also seasonality sept-nov-dec on average are the best growth months for Gold IMHO we have seen the lows for the year

Also the contrarian play all the mass media is over the top anti-gold ....how many times do you see the dead opposite happen going forward...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 15-08-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

If QE made gold go much higher over the years, what do you think will hapoen when it is tapered? sure the market will go down, but golds price has been built on the speculation of inflation through QE!

seems like paulson is the contrarian indicator. if we see a push higher, he's going to be a goid one in that regard! then again, what if he and soros know something we don't? we have seen the opposite happen many times when the media turns, but I just can't ignore the facts and my gut.

if I had played OGC from the recent low to now would have made 50%+. I only made a fraction of tgat due to going in on other stocks and reducing risk in my portfolio. you can bet I'll be buying in on the next big leg down if it does hapoen though!

Bloomberg Huge buying in phyz
    http://goldsilver.com/video/there-is...-bloomberg-tv/

Gold goes through $1350 >>>>1400-1430 looks likely
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

If John Paulson, hero of the GFC meltdown who made billions out of selling short the sub-prime debacle throws in the gold towel, what are the great unwashed out there going to be thinking?

Better sell my gold before everyone else does, right?
    Last edited by Skol; 15-08-2013 at 07:48 PM.

It is time to analyzenew development in the gold market.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-08-14/paulson-cuts-spdr-gold-stake-53-percent-as-soros-sells-entire-holding

Gold Bull Paulson Cuts SPDR Stake by Half in Bear Market

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100963985

Paulson & Co more than halves gold ETF stake in Q2

http://en.ammonnews.net/article.aspx?articleno=22762#.UgyRSDmN3IU

India hikes gold duties again to plug trade gap

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions. Please note that I do not endorse ortake responsibility for material in the above hyper-linked sites

"The U.S. government has to borrow 43 cents of every dollar that it currently spends, four times the rate in 1980"

Many Investors complacency is the greatest enemy...i.e letting the media tell you how to invest ..whats going to go up or down from the experts of course currently the media is 100% attack GOLD now lets see
    how it all plays out ....by years ends
    Last edited by JBmurc; 15-08-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    "The U.S. government has to borrow 43 cents of every dollar that it currently spends, four times the rate in 1980"

Many Investors complacency is the greatest enemy...i.e letting the media tell you how to invest ..whats going to go up or down from the experts of course currently the media is 100% attack GOLD now lets see
    how it all plays out ....by years ends
    "media attack"

The usual goldbug paranoia. lol

And other goldbug hero, George Soros joins others in dumping gold, looks like the party's over.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100964542
    Last edited by Skol; 16-08-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Legend

George Soros has found what he believes to be a better investment, that is all.

Gold pushed firmly up above $1350 in the last 2-3 hours. US$ heading down.

Here is another article in a long line pointing out the shaky position of the American economy.
    http://www.ino.com/blog/2013/08/the-...comment-175184

Lots of numbers there, and I still say it can be boiled down to just one fact: the cost of energy is high enough that there is little enterprise profit left, especially when western wages are involved. We will not see any of the issues being fixed until there are major moves in the area of cheaper, sustainable energy for the masses.