sharetrader
Page 523 of 871 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 8703

Thread: Gold

You are right Skol & we wouldn't need gold if monetary policy was done responsibly, however particularly in recent times the likes of Greenspan & now Bernanke & his European & Japanese counterparts are willing to throw the kitchen sink at their currencies to stave of a depression & inflate their way out of debt. Gold physically values things & although is produced out of the ground which has a substantial production cost to it & cannot be printed in the trillions that we are seeing now & have done for decades.

One of the things that interesting right now is that the gold/silver ratio has seemingly made a major turn, generally speaking when PM's are bullish silver will rise faster than gold and this ratio will fall.
    I'm picking a quick run to 27 with silver but after that maybe lower again. I don't know, and no one does, but at sub US20/oz I'm happy to buy and hold and be patient.

Attachment 4714
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Id love to see a turn in gold but its just a knee jerk reaction to the Egypt situation I reckon. Oil too.

Hi Skol.
    How are those Airlines treating ya?
    Hi Strat, not too bad thanks, only own VAH airline-wise, do a bit of trading with it. Yep, I think gold might be a flash in the pan, but could be profitable for those willing to take a punt on it. (Long as they don't leave it too long)

Bought a few IVC a while back, started watching then at $6, left it too long, not to worry, death won't be going away any time soon.
    Last edited by Skol; 16-08-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Banned

"Buffett targets cars, oil and satellite TV

Berkshire Hathaway invests the most money in stocks since 2011"
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Headlines from FT, can't be very good for non-dividend gold and silver.

Soros and Paulson are bailing out of gold and Buffett is piling into stocks, what's that mean to the trained mind?
    Last edited by Skol; 16-08-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Tonight sees a Comex option expiry...going be very interesting with the record amount of Shorts on the books ...or will it be the usual takedown ...looking at the chart again for last night US trade where we seen the major sell-off followed by nothing much till major buying near the close .....

from the DOC

It’s so ugly that in the silver market, JPMorgan has not yet satisfied and delivered on the June silver futures contracts! It’s so ugly that using hidden entities that Andrew Maguire has detected in London, JPM is using hidden entities to hog 90% of the July silver deliveries! It appears that JPM doesn’t have the silver to meet June delivery, and is trying to replenish their own vaults by taking delivery in London, secretly, to replenish their inventory! Where are they getting it from? Maybe the SLV!
    The JPM clients have removed between December and June- close to 40,000 kg of gold- thats 40 metric tons. While JPM’s house account has removed over 40 tons in the same period! What’s the lesson there? It appears JPM’s best friends and clients don’t trust them anymore!
    My best source (originally a trader with Scotia Mocatta) tells me that the allocated gold account raids have resulted in 40-60,000 tons of gold! (The US likely doesn’t have any of its reported 8,500 tons left at all!). Rubin and Clinton might have made $2-$3 trillion leasing and selling the US gold. Someday the US may have to replenish its gold.
    We’ve had other things like ABN Amro’s default, and another small Dutch bank just made the same statement that they’re not going to redeem on gold accounts. Morgan Stanley is stalling on every single metals transfer request. When it is finally transferred the serial numbers and weights are different than what was documented. Clearly the broker dealers are going into the market to find the gold, to find supply just in order to meet their daily requirements.
    The Brinks’ accounts are going bare and are almost down to zero – these are all problems on the supply side!
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Attachment 4717
    Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    if this is public knowledge then why haven't th PM's skyrocketted lately? call me whatever you like, but this sounds like typical goldbug hype with little to nothing to show for it. got a link to a reputable news agency such as, say forbes or reuters for this?
    --Reputable LOL no see there to busy coming up with anti PM press to push and positive angles to push on the fiat economies Bullishness not to talk about higher interest rates ,bond rates,bond bubbles,Fail Wars,Currency Wars.......etc etc
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

Not sure if this helps the goldbug argument or not, but a link via JB shows that there are some very large lower grade undeveloped gold reserves.

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/port...s-ranking-2012

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    And there goes all credibility, lambasting Reuters and Forbes.

You didn't answer my question: Why hasn't gold skyrocketted then?
    That is the 64mill dollar Question.....why hasn't Gold gone to the moon ??? well it's moved some $200 from it's recent bottom now thats a start..
    ...But Now I'm not a all knowing Metals GOD I don't know every reason why Gold has gone up or down or sideways Geezzzz All we can do is really put all the piece's of imfo together and make are own mind up to where we stand,,,,

---You didn't answer my Question ??my Question Geez ***************** now keeping my 1yr daughter happy at times can be a chore
    but a poster called Moose!! ....how about doing your own research like reading the last 357 pages of this thread many of us have posted masses of imfo both pro and con since $1000oz gold then out of the blue I get "There goes all credibility" LOL Oh no what will I ever do...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 18-08-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Legend

Maybe gold is going to the moon, Moosie.

http://www.fxempire.com/technical/te...ical-analysis/

Wow was that a semi positive comment from Skol on gold ?! I'm putting that one in the vault, right next to where all the gold is supposed to be stored! haha that last comment was just for you Skol. Haha Happy Monday mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Hi Strat, not too bad thanks, only own VAH airline-wise, do a bit of trading with it. Yep, I think gold might be a flash in the pan, but could be profitable for those willing to take a punt on it. (Long as they don't leave it too long)

Bought a few IVC a while back, started watching then at $6, left it too long, not to worry, death won't be going away any time soon.