sharetrader
Page 524 of 871 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 8703

Thread: Gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Wow was that a semi positive comment from Skol on gold ?! I'm putting that one in the vault, right next to where all the gold is supposed to be stored! haha that last comment was just for you Skol. Haha Happy Monday mate.
    Yeah, you could say that, but you never know when the axe is going to fall even though Eric Sprott says gold will be $2400 by this time next year.

When the fire in the picture theatre starts everyone will be heading for the exit at the same time.
    Last edited by Skol; 19-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Default Good reason why Bond yields have been rising ?

Treasury International Capital Data for June

8/15/2013
    WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of the Treasury today released Treasury International Capital (TIC) data for June 2013. The next release, which will report on data for July 2013, is scheduled for September 17, 2013.

The sum total in June of all net foreign acquisitions of long-term securities, short-term U.S. securities, and banking flows was a monthly net TIC outflow of $19.0 billion. Of this, net foreign private outflows were $4.6 billion, and net foreign official outflows were $14.3 billion.

Foreign residents reduced their holdings of long-term U.S. securities in June; net sales were $77.8 billion. Net sales by private foreign investors were $81.6 billion, and net purchases by foreign official institutions were $3.8 billion.

At the same time, U.S. residents decreased their holdings of long-term foreign securities, with net sales of $11.0 billion.

Taking into account transactions in both foreign and U.S. securities, the net foreign purchases of long-term securities were negative $66.9 billion. After including adjustments, such as estimates of unrecorded principal payments to foreigners on U.S. asset-backed securities, the overall net foreign acquisition of long-term securities is estimated to have been negative $85.4 billion in June.

Foreign residents increased their holdings of U.S. Treasury bills by $8.8 billion. Foreign resident holdings of all dollar-denominated short-term U.S. securities and other custody liabilities decreased by $4.4 billion.

Banks’ own net dollar-denominated liabilities to foreign residents increased by $70.8 billion.

Complete data are available on the Treasury website at:
    http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen...ges/index.aspx
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Rising bond yields could be the death knell for non-yielding gold and silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Rising bond yields could be the death knell for non-yielding gold and silver.
    Wasn't the Rates very high last time Gold/silver went ballistic ? in the late 70's ?.....high rates = high Inflation
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

I'm not talking about hyperinflation that goldbugs get themselves in a lather about, I'm talking bond yields edging up, good for savers, bad for gold.

I'm not talking about hyperinflation that goldbugs get themselves in a lather about, I'm talking bond yields edging up, good for savers, bad for gold.
    Gold 1381oz USD $1498oz AUD .....the last time AUD broke past $1500 the priced moved solidly to a new 1700's high Overall the AUD gold chart looks pretty good for ASX producers

They would need to go a lot higher than the current almost zero for savers tho Skol. I would say at least 5% deposit rate to attract savers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Yup, a good reason for Bond yields rising, but gold is only mildly up. If it can punch through $1500 and head back to all time highs or above then I might concede defeat, but long term the PoG is looking pretty shaky at best.

Still no reason why it's not skyrocketting?
    The reason may be that the "fire in the picture theater'' hasnt actually started yet--we're talking the sharemarket-not gold
    there are some pretty heavy hitters quietly selling off shares--one of them is Buffett

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    The reason may be that the "fire in the picture theater'' hasnt actually started yet--we're talking the sharemarket-not gold
    there are some pretty heavy hitters quietly selling off shares--one of them is Buffett
    You've got that one wrong buddy!!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...97E0FS20130815

Berkshire Hathaway spent $4.64 billion on equity investments in the last quarter.

OMG --------------goldbugs. lol, no wonder they eventually get cleaned out.

hahahaha
    Last edited by Skol; 19-08-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Ridiculously oversold : Fund Manager

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100968550