sharetrader
Page 525 of 869 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575625 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Ridiculously oversold : Fund Manager

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100968550
    John Hathaway, another goldbug in the mould of Peter Schiff and Mike Maloney. Here's what he said on 26/10/2011.

JH: "From years of experience, I have learned never to combine a price prediction with a specific point in time. The gold price will continue to rise until the fiscal and monetary policies of Western democracies undergo severe alteration in the direction of sanity."

The gold price "will continue to rise".

He's been wrong ever since.

Keep up the hilarious posts JB, I'm not busy at the moment and need a little light entertainment.
    Last edited by Skol; 20-08-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    John Hathaway, another goldbug in the mould of Peter Schiff and Mike Maloney. Here's what he said on 26/10/2011.

JH: "From years of experience, I have learned never to combine a price prediction with a specific point in time. The gold price will continue to rise until the fiscal and monetary policies of Western democracies undergo severe alteration in the direction of sanity."

The gold price "will continue to rise".

He's been wrong ever since.

Keep up the hilarious posts JB, I'm not busy at the moment and need a little light entertainment.
    Hilarious like your pick on GOLD being priced well below $1000oz now thats been muti year Joke
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Hilarious like your pick on GOLD being priced well below $1000oz now thats been muti year Joke
    Afetr the 1980 gold crash, gold took 5 years to hit rock bottom, it's early days.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    I wouldn't be so boastful, gold has been closer to skol's pick (and still is) than matching or beating the multi year high of $1900...
    Gold price is much higher than my first posts on Gold direction aka $500-$600oz Skol came in just as Gold broke $1000 stating it was a bubble way over brought >>>Also as my only investment in GOLD are via Gold explorer's/Producers on ASX the AUD price is tapping on $1500 (Attachment 4734which outside the small window of a high price spike higher $1700's during 2011-2012) is a very strong price..
    Last edited by JBmurc; 20-08-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

I started this thread at US$1100 and said it was a bubble, which it was. You may as well calculate the gold price in Rupees, the standard price for gold is $US.

Moosie, Skol said gold is going to $500 repeatedly, so gold is a lot closer to $1920 highs than $500. FOMC tonight so that should dictate gold's next move short term. Big Ben in a rock & a hard place imo as wants to start tapering but economy not cooperating as quickly as he would like. With gold in a bubble since it went through $1100 again according to Skol, he is yet to be right. Gold did get into a bubble when it surged from $1550 to $1920 & with any bubble it will sell off harder than it should & that's what I believe we saw in the last few months. There is considerable resistance now in front of gold at $1380-$1450 so it will probably take an event or Big Ben to back away from tapering to push on. However one would think US equities would also get a boost from that sort of rhetoric.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Moosie, Skol said gold is going to $500
    I have too, but you need to give it time, didn't you read what I posted before? In 1980, gold took 5 years to bottom out.
    It's only been 2 since the bubble burst.
    Last edited by Skol; 21-08-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Fair enough Skol, just its currently going in the wrong direction! haha. With a lot of the ETF selling done I just can't see it in the current environment of QE & low interest rates.

think last year was our "its going to the moon again, better buy back in before I miss out" phase for zee gold bubble (if it was a bubble). seeing a final hurrah before more falls now if the way bubbles perform is correct...
    Well we will find out in time ...in the mean time smart buyers are making some great Cap growth I see OGC 2.15 asx nice Short term gain
    really the whole sector is bouncing back ....

yes very nice bounce indeed. I made a bit but sold out when $1350 was tested and failed earlier. the whole sector was highly sold off, but there was a lot of fear there for awhile!
    Yes and as the old saying goes be greedy when others are Fearful ....I here it has been reported by some gold analysts that JP Morgan is now long gold and silver on Comex"...which if True is a massive turn-round from one of the bigger Short players in recent times