sharetrader
Page 529 of 871 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 8703

Thread: Gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Or more likely a pragmatist that understand's you can't fix the problems by going further into debt and looking to enter yet another WAR >>>President Obama is moving toward a military strike against Syria. Any final decisions haven't been made, but senior administration officials talk of Syria now as a place where the U.S. and its allies must exact a military price for heavy use of chemical weapons ..http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...-global-chaos/
    All been done before lol. North Korea, Iran, Egypt, Straits of Hormuz, Iran attacks Israel, yadda,yadda, yadda.

Not forgetting the big one, Armageddon, a goldbug favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    All been done before lol. North Korea, Iran, Egypt, Straits of Hormuz, Iran attacks Israel, yadda,yadda, yadda.

Not forgetting the big one, Armageddon, a goldbug favourite.
    Oh yes North Korea wasn't that just a great success like Vietnam ....Iraq.....Afghan Wars >>>and how have they been a good move by the USA ???

http://thegazette.com/2013/08/26/ame...ia-files-show/
    The U.S. government may be considering military action in response to chemical strikes near Damascus. But a generation ago, America’s military and intelligence communities knew about and did nothing to stop a series of nerve gas attacks far more devastating than anything Syria has seen, Foreign Policy has learned. - See more at: http://thegazette.com/2013/08/26/ame....0O79cF1A.dpuf
    Last edited by JBmurc; 27-08-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Cool Aud gold bull

And Gold/Silver just keeps on trending higher 1411oz but checkout gold AUD 1577oz not much just checkout the AUD gold charts looks as a strong long term Bull trend ....short term breakout from the 1550-1570 resistance levels

gold_all_data_o_aud.pnggold_2_year_o_aud.png

Just checkout that strong double bottom have seen a few of those in this Gold Bull market which have been followed by strong growth
    Last edited by JBmurc; 27-08-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

Another US$15 jump in the price. Gold is now at an all-time high - in Rupees.

http://zeenews.india.com/business/bu...ade_82676.html

Default 16,700,000,000,000 credit card limit about to be hit time to raise it again !

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — The U.S. government will hit the debt ceiling and be unable to borrow money to pay its bills in the middle of October unless Congress votes to increase the federal debt ceiling, Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew said Monday.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...ays-2013-08-26

Banned

Goldbugs predicting the end of the financial world as we know it remind me of the Great Horse Manure Crisis of 1894. The Times predicted that the streets of London and New York would be nine feet deep in the stuff within a few years. Did it happen? Of course not, but human nature's predilection for herd behaviour doesn't change as goldbuggery and the number of recent bubbles prove.

It is shiny though, I'll give you that. lol

http://30494445.nhd.weebly.com/background.html
    Last edited by Skol; 28-08-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Hey Skol, is anything I said untrue? If that makes me a goldbug in your eyes then so be it. I for one hope the US do go into Syria & hopefully with the support of the UN. Nothing to do with gold, something just has to be done. The US is understandably hesitant after the protracted withdrawal from Afghanistan & Iraq. The last thing Obama wants to do is go back into a Mid/East conflict, but I don't think he can stand by & watch what is going on, so all credit to hi. In regards Syria in terms of its impact on gold, Skol is right that it will be a short term impact & that impact will wear thin like it has for other conflicts. However its not Syria that is causing the sharemarkets to stall or inhibit the housing growth in the US we have seen of late. I for one hope the US can rebound, however imo their political system which is dominated by the lobbyists cannot break the shackles, yet at least anyway.

You are definitely a goldbug.

Love it Skol !

Goldbugs predicting the end of the financial world as we know it remind me of the Great Horse Manure Crisis of 1894. The Times predicted that the streets of London and New York would be nine feet deep in the stuff within a few years. Did it happen? Of course not, but human nature's predilection for herd behaviour doesn't change as goldbuggery and the number of recent bubbles prove.

It is shiny though, I'll give you that. lol

http://30494445.nhd.weebly.com/background.html

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    GDX entry $23.55, today $28.35 +20.3% in under 4 weeks.
    GDXJ entry $38.40, today $44.58 +16.0% in under 4 weeks.

Gold @ 1345 +7.6%
    The gold market is like any other market, there are always opportunities to be long and short. While you guys argue the semantics on when or if the US will default, my gold trade continues to add gains.

GDX entry $23.55, today $30.42 +29.2% in under 8 weeks.
    GDXJ entry $38.40, today $52.21 +36.0% in under 8 weeks.

Gold @ 1371 +9.7%

SPX @ 1633 +1.3%.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Banned

Here's a chart goldbugs might be interested in as opposed to the one that JB Murc posted. The peak is indexed to 100, gold didn't have a sustained rise for another 2 decades.

The chart is dated April 2013, so it fell considerably further than that shown. In fact it would have dropped to the 60 line before the current recovery, almost exactly as per the 1980 crash. Fancy that!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skol; 28-08-2013 at 08:42 PM.