sharetrader
Page 532 of 871 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542582632 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 8703

Thread: Gold

Skol, if I go to Nuorlens it won't be to listen to some gold analyst or investor. It would be to listen to some smokey tunes form some Jazz legend or party on Bourbon Street!

Couldn't be more wrong Moosie, particularly on Syria. In regards Tapering I think we have already seen its equities that will be hit hardest & gold could likely benefit. It might initially selloff, however if equities get hammered then gold will do better. And that's if & when they start tapering.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    well, syria is looking to be a no-go and "taper terror" might enter sooner rather than later if the FED goes for it in september. the PoG MACD is setup for a beautiful peak and huge fall again, right on queue as always. if I was in any gold investments id sell up and keep the cash (tapering won't help the market either, but it sure won't crush it if the US economy is as goid as they say!)

contrary indicator right here (Deutsche Bank is also calling for Q3 to be dominated by returns from gold. SELL!!!) http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...mmodities.html

Moosie, looks like Obama has got a few key Republicans on-board & imo they will have the vote within a week.

I don't think gold will be being boosted by inflation so much, but by the poor performance of the stock markets if & when they start pulling out the stimulus. The US economy is improving slowly, but so it should with a trillion dollars a year being pumped in. It should be going flat out, but it isn't. They wont be able to taper unless there is further significant improvement in employment. The other thing that will hit international corporations is offshoring profits to avoid paying taxes. What would company profits be if they are forced to pay full company tax ? There is an international agenda from governments to clamp down on this sort of tax avoidance.

Banned

Daryl Guppy says if you want to know where gold's headed watch silver. Right now silver's plunging, down over 4% in the last few hours.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101003409

Banned

There's a reasonable chance that the Syrian tyrant will be summarily dismissed, I wouldn't mind betting there's some behind the scenes negotiations going on. The pressure will be pretty excruciating and he won't want the Mrs and the kids incinerated. He's going to be a loser whatever happens, so better to find some banana republic that will host the mass murderer.

Hard to believe that a qualified opthalmologist would indulge in such behaviour, but there's been plenty of doctors over the years that have been butchers.

The Syrian gold premium is pretty much off, there's too much talking going on and even Putin says he'll go along with it if they can prove Assad is the villain.
    Last edited by Skol; 05-09-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Attachment 4791

Article on gold with some stats regarding retail purchasing.
    It would appear to have increased substantially

http://www.interest.co.nz/personal-f...uying-opportun

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Attachment 4791

Article on gold with some stats regarding retail purchasing.
    It would appear to have increased substantially

http://www.interest.co.nz/personal-f...uying-opportun
    Haven't you heard that the retail suckers are the last ones in?

From memory it's Daytr that positions himself for a Thurday night rally, but down $30 last night.

So far on a % basis gold has matched the 1980 crash chart exactly, except this time it's far more drawn out, in 1980 the chart was also parabolic but much steeper and the fall more rapid.

If it matches 1980, gold will now fall to about $1,000 where it will stage a brief but feeble rally.
    Last edited by Skol; 06-09-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Finally I think GOLD will have range bound from $1200 to $1500. There will be some support for gold due to new development. If gold break psychological barrier of $1500 it may trade in the range bound from 1400 to 1600.

The military coup in Egypt and the crisis in Syria have been stopped the collapse of the gold price.

I also think we may have biggest gain in some commodity stocks sooner than later.

In the long run both gold and oil may come down.

If Gold prices go down dramatically both India, China and countries over exposure to gold will hit hard. More consumption of gold in India will create more problems for India now. In rupee value Indian gold and silver are having good prices now. Indian gold market may have more volatility in the in the short run. Indian rupee may stabilize sooner than later.

Some gold players may profit when gold reach around $1400.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.

Banned

The US Mint sold 9,000 1oz Eagles in August, the lowest since July 2007. In April they sold 187,500.

Originally Posted by Skol
    I don't need fertiliser, it's years since any was applied here. 285 galls, I'd love to know where that fairytale came from.

The figure of 285 US gallons came from the source which was quoted in my post.

9,000 1oz Eagles in August. I'd love to know where that fairytale came from. Please share your source,Skol.