sharetrader
Page 533 of 869 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583633 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Banned

Try the US Mint website, that should be accurate enough for you.

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint...s&type=bullion

http://www.mining.com/7-reasons-the-...0-again-29308/

As for 285 gallons of oil to raise one head of beef, that's so absurd even a primary school kid could work out that there would be no beef in the world because it would be completely uneconomical. Are you sure it wasn't .285 gallons? lol

Back to school for you airedale, I ship my weaners in at about $400 and sell them a year later for about $1,000. I don't fertilise, and feed them the smallest amount of hay or silage, it's nonsense. If it cost me anywhere near that amount I wouldn't even bother.
    Last edited by Skol; 08-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Guru

whether you believe gold will rise or fall,with gold sitting at 1390,to say it will never hit 1400 is a bit of a ridiculous article--there are alot of things that can still tank out there ,including the American economy--For the most part Gold is just a barometer of those things.
    He may be right but I wouldnt bet the farm on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post

If it matches 1980, gold will now fall to about $1,000 where it will stage a brief but feeble rally.
    Skol, do you think history is a good guide for this current situation, and if yes do you think it will repeat itself?
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Brace yourself. House Speaker John Boehner is gearing up for a political battle over raising the nation's $16.7 trillion debt ceiling limit this fall. Meanwhile, President Obama has repeatedly been quoted as saying he will not negotiate on the debt ceiling.

The current "continuing resolution" which is basically a band-aid patched over a budget hole will expire on Sept. 30. Through some extraordinary juggling, however, experts see the U.S. government being able to operate into early November before a crisis will actually hit. Leadership in both political parties both know the costs of actual government default are too high to truly bear, but that won't stop them from pushing the U.S. to the brink amid showmanship and the inability to compromise.

Gold traders will remember that the last major political skirmish over the U.S. debt ceiling in the summer of 2011 was one of the factors propelling the yellow metal to its all-time highs at over $1,900 per ounce.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Brecht/2013...Per-Ounce.html
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    Skol, do you think history is a good guide for this current situation, and if yes do you think it will repeat itself?
    This is my view, as I don't wish my question to come across as a trap, if I use history as a rough guide, I would say we are only in the first down cycle. I neither subscribe to this view or believe gold will reach these forecast prices, just taking an unemotional view of history in comparison to todays movements.

Date Price Return Years
    Jun 1968 $41.1
    Nov 1974 $181.6 342% 6.4
    August 1976 $104.00 -43% 1.8
    September 1980 $666.75 541% 4.1
    February 1985 $287.75 -57% 4.4

Date Price Return Years
    June 2005 $435.50
    August 2011 $1,825.72 319% 6.2
    June 2013 $1,234.57 -32% 1.8
    September 2017 $7,854.00 536% 4.3
    February 2022 $3,415.00 -57% 4.4
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Legend

It's still an interesting view, Silverlight. If only one of us had a time machine, and we could check it out. Based on the chart, I should be retiring in Sept 2017. It makes more sense than saying gold is going to plumb around $1,000 again. If it does, then energy costs will also have to fall a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    It's still an interesting view, Silverlight. If only one of us had a time machine, and we could check it out. Based on the chart, I should be retiring in Sept 2017. It makes more sense than saying gold is going to plumb around $1,000 again. If it does, then energy costs will also have to fall a long way.
    Yes that's what pragmatic investors understand but we know many others live in the past and don't understand Currency devaluation thats being going on for the last Century
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes that's what pragmatic investors understand but we know many others live in the past and don't understand Currency devaluation thats being going on for the last Century
    Here's a big Equedia missive about Syria, gold and energy wars. Makes some sense, good background.

http://www.equedia.com/the-real-reas...m_medium=email

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    that article was reeeeeaaaaally boring and way too long. verbal diarrhea and banging your own gong at its best. if this guy thinks WW3 is going to happen because of iran he is sadly mistaken. MADD still exists between the nuclear nations. I also recommend reading "War Made New" by Max Boot to see why the US and Israel would absolutely mop the floor with Iran and why no one would intervene on their behalf. the status quo will remain.

as you were.
    Like they did with the Northern Vietnamese moose ??

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    that article was reeeeeaaaaally boring and way too long. verbal diarrhea and banging your own gong at its best. if this guy thinks WW3 is going to happen because of iran he is sadly mistaken. MADD still exists between the nuclear nations. I also recommend reading "War Made New" by Max Boot to see why the US and Israel would absolutely mop the floor with Iran and why no one would intervene on their behalf. the status quo will remain.

as you were.
    That book you recommend is 500 pages long. Maybe the pictures helped?