sharetrader
Page 534 of 871 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544584634 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    its a great analysis of the technology of war. it tells you why states like Iran will never be able to face the United States on a modern battlefield. the only real way to defeat them is through guerilla warfare, but the US, I THINK, has learnt from Iraq and afghanistan to let the locals do the fighting with them providing massive airpower and leadership from special forces. any invasion of Iran would involve a massive troop buildup as large as First Gulf War which would not be tolerated.

and so it will go exactly like Libya; punishing airstrikes, logistical help from elite units and supplies, a no fly zone and a slow grinding until Assad flees or dies. The US knows it can win without putting (many) boots on the ground and will do so. if Iran intervenes their forces will be severly decimated by the ever effective Israeli airforce and their troops inside syria will suddenly find themselves without supplies as their corridors are cut. Russia will not intervene when the UN report comes out (they have already shown signs of backing down politically). China wouldn't dream of intervening.

Game, set, match.
    T.V and hollywood has a lot to blame for masses view that some how the US can just beat anyone at any time >>>>History has shown a much different story and the future will do as well......

I don't usually like FOX news but this clip is so True
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlX_yQ-WGfg

China & Russia advances air power
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNRMO70Hw0s

9 out of 10 Americans are anti Syrian attack>>>what do you think's going happen in a country thats sick and tired of spending Tax payers funds on Wars and the hundreds of military bases & Prisons worldwide
    I'll give you a clue "Vietnam"

Armed Services Committee Sen. Jim Inhofe says the U.S. military cannot afford to intervene
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfFBm-9rWOc

I have started a thread on the off market Discussion forum thread>>>On Syrian war
    Last edited by JBmurc; 09-09-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I'm surprised gold hasn't come off more considering the pullback on what I thought was an imminent strike on Iraq. Seems Moosie you got that one right on the button. I wouldn't be surprised to see gold still pull back & break $1380. Think it would be a buy or shares at least when gold is back around $1350.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    9 out of 10 Americans are anti Syrian attack>>>what do you think's going happen in a country thats sick and tired of spending Tax payers funds on Wars and the hundreds of military bases & Prisons worldwide
    I'll give you a clue "Vietnam"
    If you check your schoolboy Atlas you'll see there are no jungles in Syria. Tyrants like the Syrian and Iranian regime never survive because of their oppressive nature and treating women like slaves.

It's just about time for my update on the annual, gold & silver vs other investments post, think I'll make it 2 years this time, which will make the bullion hoarders eyes water.
    Last edited by Skol; 10-09-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Banned

Last 2 years:

DOW + 37%
    N225 +63%
    HSI +15%
    AORD +21%
    NZX50 +39%
    CAC40 +31%
    ---------------------

Gold -26%
    Silver -45%
    SIL -47%
    XGD -63%

Nice selection of data Skol. Perhaps you could tell us what the performance for these have been for the last 10 years, or last 3 months? See we can all be selective!

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    If you check your schoolboy Atlas you'll see there are no jungles in Syria. Tyrants like the Syrian and Iranian regime never survive because of their oppressive nature and treating women like slaves.

It's just about time for my update on the annual, gold & silver vs other investments post, think I'll make it 2 years this time, which will make the bullion hoarders eyes water.
    Well as usual you make about as much sense as waterproof towel >>>>how about instead of bleating on about 2yr movements of investments in USD every couple days(esp as this is the ASX thread AUD ??) how about ' Going an doing some study on "Sharia Islamic law" that the rebels believe in ....Also a women would have far more rights in the likes of Iran than the Saudi's give their women >>>As of 2006 Iranian women account for well over half of the university students in Iran and 70% of Iran's science and engineering students...The Persian culture is not like the Arabs who have no culture. Iran is a modern advanced nation in science and technology. An Iranian woman won the Nobel Prize for peace in 2003. S.A. has oil and nothing else. Women have no rights in S.A. Iran is a theocracy but it has educated women and many religious including Christians and Jews. You should learn the difference between Persians and Arabs.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 10-09-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Nice selection of data Skol. Perhaps you could tell us what the performance for these have been for the last 10 years, or last 3 months? See we can all be selective!
    Sometimes I make it a year, sometimes 2 years but you quite obviously don't know that gold is one of the very worst investments on Earth. Lets check out gold for a very long time, since 1801.

"To take an extreme example [of price volatility], while a dollar invested in bonds in 1801 would be worth nearly a thousand dollars by 1998, a dollar invested in stocks that same year would be worth more than half a million dollars. All this is in real terms, taking inflation into account. Meanwhile, a dollar invested in gold in 1801 would by 1998 be worth just 78 cents."

Gold has its moments, but overall it's a punt that takes suckers imaginations for a few years until the feeling goes away when they lose shtloads of money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_as_an_investment
    Last edited by Skol; 10-09-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Well this sucker has liquidated 75% of his gold stock portfolio yesterday & today. Gold looks soft so wouldn't be surprised to see it nudging $1350 this time tomorrow. Don't think it will go much lower than that, but think the stringing out of Syrian action hasn't had its full effect on gold yet & with Obama losing support for his war platform think gold's in for a drop.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Well as usual you make about as much sense as waterproof towel >>>>how about instead of bleating on about 2yr movements of investments in USD every couple days(esp as this is the ASX thread AUD ??) how about ' Going an doing some study on "Sharia Islamic law" that the rebels believe in ....Also a women would have far more rights in the likes of Iran than the Saudi's give their women >>>As of 2006 Iranian women account for well over half of the university students in Iran and 70% of Iran's science and engineering students...The Persian culture is not like the Arabs who have no culture. Iran is a modern advanced nation in science and technology. An Iranian woman won the Nobel Prize for peace in 2003. S.A. has oil and nothing else. Women have no rights in S.A. Iran is a theocracy but it has educated women and many religious including Christians and Jews. You should learn the difference between Persians and Arabs.
    I don't care for any of them, my grandfather was in a debacle called the 'Dunsterville Force', in WW1 in what is now Iran and Azerbaijan. The locals were supplied by the British with guns and ammo to assist in a showdown with the Turks and defend their homeland. They ran off, showed off their machine guns to their girlfriends and left the British high and dry, having to retreat down the Caspian Sea in a requisitioned ship. General Sir Lionel Dunsterville described the locals as "undisciplined, lazy, uncooperative and unreliable in battle who abandoned their positions as soon as they came under enemy fire. In short, they were cowards who expected the British to do all the fighting". That about describes the whole M.E., and an example was when the coalition invaded Iraq, Saddam's ''Mother of all battles" turned into a 90 hour rout.

You hear about the new Iranian tank, it's got one forward gear and 6 reverse.

That the Iranians destroyed the US Embassy and took hostages indicate that they're a bunch of uncivilised savages, and one of the morons who did it now runs the place, lying about the nuclear bomb they're building, however, I expect the Israelis will eventually take care of that little problem. The Basij, something akin to the SD in Nazi Germany.

http://wiki.islamiccounterterrorism.org/article/Basij

It's a theocracy, run by religious maniacs which will eventually self-destruct, so if I lived in Iran, I'd certainly be hoarding a bit of gold.
    Last edited by Skol; 10-09-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Sorry,why would the locals fight and die for the force that invaded them? Especially when they had a religion,albiet different sect, in common with who they ere meant to be fighting.
    It's like calling the Italians useless soldiers when they were considered the best from Roman times till Napoleonic times. And I bet they had the best uniforms!
    A conscripted man is never going to be your best soldier.