sharetrader
Page 538 of 869 FirstFirst ... 38438488528534535536537538539540541542548588638 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Next couple of months is very crucial for gold market. We will see next trend in gold market in 2014.

When we pick stocks, currencies or commodities we should apply margin of Safety now. This is the time to go behind undervalued markets, sectors, stocks, commodities and currencies.

If we believe in stronger economic growth, then it is time to increase our exposure to the good commodity stocks. People will eat in good time and bad times even during war or other crises. They need essential things in their life. They will never stop eating, drinking and using some daily things such as some technology, medicine and some commodities.

Value orientated contrarian investors may identify cheap valuations in commodity stocks combined with extreme negative sentiment and improving fundamentals in all types of markets globally now.

The trend has shifted in stock, commodity and currency market. Therefore new sectors, out of favour sectors, commodities, currencies and stocks including emerging stocks, currencies and commodities will lead markets in the coming years. Emerging markets will readjust again.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.

Banned

The USA and Russia have agreed on a plan to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons which they said they didn't have. That should send gold a few dollars lower tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Marketwinner, you have posted this in another thread and seem to speak in a very vague way. want to give us a lowdown on a commodity you think is going to go bananas? I know for example that uranium is going up because of restrictions from a key african nation, so supply has been strangled. BPL would therefore be a good play once mining commences.
    World uranium demand is forecast to increase over the next decade, according to the World Nuclear Association. In the short run there will be volatility or prices may come down. There are some developments in Japan on nuclear reactors.

I think Germany's coalition government announced a reversal of policy that will see all the country's nuclear power plants phased out by 2022.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security,commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 15-09-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Banned

1 oz Gold Eagle Sales this year:

January 124,500
    February 68,000
    March 54,000
    April 187,500 (chinese 'aunties' thought this was the bottom)
    May 61,500
    June 49,000
    July 43,000
    August 9,000
    Half way through September 3,500
    Last edited by Skol; 15-09-2013 at 07:29 PM.

A few Charts round AUD gold & ASX gold shares index ...what we see many Gold shares had a good run up in 2011 when AUD gold traded 1300-1400oz then look at were the sector has gone at present yet AUD gold prices trade even higher 1400-1500oz+ yet Gold producers trade at a fraction they did in 2011 crazy times ...the market has very little faith the ASX gold sector can survive IMHO

http://www.goldoz.com.au/83.0.html
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    There is a lot of fear in the gold community right now, and those all-in prices for mining gold do not inspire confidence if they are going as low as Goldman (ball)Sachs says. If it plummets below $1000 and stays there then there will be plenty of closures, closed companies and buyouts. Only the strongest will survive in that environment. I do agree there is a disconnect and that it appears priced in, but I think those indexes can go much lower yet, and that is where the buying for the long-term will pay off handsomely.

Treat it as the 2009 falls in commodity stocks; did RIO deserve to be <$30 a share? Nope, and plenty of money was made there! Just have to be patient and wait for the (real) bottom to form...
    Yeah real wait and see for many investor's ....Only PM producers I feel confident holding longer term would have to have lower cost structures in place and hedging to cover any short term spikes lower in PM prices >>>>PGI fits that bill currently and EVN sounds pretty solid us well ...but many will fail esp in higher cost countries like Aus ....will the new Aus Government do a Obama on the resource sector ? tax breaks etc
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Last week I said gold was a typical sell the rumour buy the fact in regards tapering, well one of the facts is out & that is that Summers wont be the next Fed chair & its likely to be Yellen. I will be watching gold closely tonight as if Yellen is the choice then the view of the market on tapering may shift. I for one wish they would just abandon QE all together, however that's not going to happen. Think gold may have a crack back at $1350 tonight.

Yep looks like typical head & shoulders formation Skol. Now it looks like gold is going to grow an arm & a leg! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Daytr,

Hope you have a good weekend too.
    Here's a chart to ponder. What does this mean to the trained mind?

Some of you may have seen this, but for those who haven't its a long read but I found it very interesting.
    With what's going on with Syria & all the talk of tapering it's sometimes good to get a refresher on the state of play in some of the world's largest economies. Its not a pretty picture.

http://blog.heartland.org/2013/09/ec...ebts-and-gold/

Banned

Daytr,

As you know I work in the airline industry. I keep hearing that the world's in a bad way, I'm always reading articles like that, but air fares are discretionary spending mostly. Airbus and Boeing have orders for 9,000+ jets, yep, 9,000.

Aircraft are full, for most airlines these are halcyon days, property is booming, foreign labour is being imported to Christchurch to rebuild the city, for some reason I'm unable to fathom, given NZ's unemployment rate.

All looks pretty good to me, gold might be OK if you live in India and the rupee's crashing, but otherwise it all looks downhill. Property, shares, they're both outperforming precious metals by a wide margin and provide an income. If interest rates increase which is on the cards, that could be the death knell for gold.

Looks like gold is about to go sub-$1,300.

And it just has, here comes $1,000.
    Last edited by Skol; 18-09-2013 at 11:46 AM.