sharetrader
Page 541 of 869 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551591641 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,410 of 8687

Thread: Gold

Questioning my honesty Skol? That's a bit off ! Well I am open about what I invest & yes I pulled my positions at around $1420ish gold as I said openly here the price looked like it wanted to pull back. I then re-entered for a 2/3rds, & treaded out of a 1/3rd then back in which incurred a small loss, however more than made up yesterday where I made 20% on that 3rd and took profit. Today my portfolio is flat profit wise & I hope by the end of the day to be back fully invested 100%. As for my clients making them over 100% in the last three months, so they are very happy & I have paid out dividends of 25%!

I put my views & strategies out there to assist others however its up to them to make their own mind up on what they do & what their risk appetite is.

By the way, October is usually a stellar month for gold! Its May that is traditionally the worst month for gold. The old saying May go away & don't come back to play until October! Not sure where you get your information from Skol, but that was a load of ....

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Daytr,
    You haven't taken into account that October is traditionally the worst month for gold, is a $60 increase it? I'm glad I'm not one of your clients, a couple of days ago you were out of gold now you're 66% invested, doesn't stack up, I'm not going to be reading about you in the newspapers soon am I?

The XGD certainly isn't registering any kind of turnaround, it's down today.

Banned

Daytr,
    You haven't taken into account that October is traditionally the worst month for gold, is a $60 increase it? I'm glad I'm not one of your clients, a couple of days ago you were out of gold now you're 66% invested, doesn't stack up, I'm not going to be reading about you in the newspapers soon am I?

Lufthansa have just ordered 59 new jets, yeah, the world's really falling apart.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    By the way, October is usually a stellar month for gold! Its May that is traditionally the worst month for gold. The old saying May go away & don't come back to play until October! Not sure where you get your information from Skol, but that was a load of ....
    I got my information from a chart in my 'Gold Bubble' book. A gold seasonality chart.

Quote:

"Looking at seasonality in gold prices from 1969 to 2010, we can see tha September is the strongest month in terms of average monthly returns and October is the weakest."

Here's the seasonal strength of the HUI, not good for October, could be a lean month Daytr.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skol; 20-09-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Perhaps you should just look at a 5 year gold chart? 10 Year gold chart? I traded gold for 15 years on commodity desks for banks & trading houses. I think I know what I'm talking about on this on e me old Mucker! There has been the odd October that has performed poorly, I'll give you that. But for mine this isn't going to be one of them, however I don't think we are even going to have to wait until then. The rest of Sept looks pretty rosy to me.

Perhaps you should just look at a 5 year gold chart? 10 Year gold chart? I traded gold for 15 years on commodity desks for banks & trading houses. I think I know what I'm talking about on this on e me old Mucker! There has been the odd October that has performed poorly, I'll give you that. But for mine this isn't going to be one of them, however I don't think we are even going to have to wait until then. The rest of Sept looks pretty rosy to me.
    Yeah I agree just looking at the last year Gold chart it shows clearly to have been under pressure since this time last year...THIS HAS NOW CLEARLY BEEN BROKEN ....if this run continues 1420+ short term it's really going show a clear ending of the Bear trend >>Longer term outlook we could well be back onto the BULL trend that started long ago (just view the 10yr chart)

Of course if Gold did now crash to sub 1200 the whole long term Bull trend would look to me to be broken but at this stage it's looking Bullish on simple T/A
    Last edited by JBmurc; 20-09-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Questioning my honesty Skol? That's a bit off ! Well I am open about what I invest & yes I pulled my positions at around $1420ish gold as I said openly here the price looked like it wanted to pull back. I then re-entered for a 2/3rds, & treaded out of a 1/3rd then back in which incurred a small loss, however more than made up yesterday where I made 20% on that 3rd and took profit. Today my portfolio is flat profit wise & I hope by the end of the day to be back fully invested 100%. As for my clients making them over 100% in the last three months, so they are very happy & I have paid out dividends of 25%
    Making my clients over 100% in the last 3 months?

You don't possibly think that could be "too good to be true", I buy Barron's magazine when I'm in the USA, if you made 100% in 3 months, you'd be on the front cover. lol

I reckon even JB Murc would choke on that one.

The proof of the pudding's in the eating, show us the results and I'll believe you.
    Last edited by Skol; 20-09-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Making my clients over 100% in the last 3 months?

You don't possibly think that could be "too good to be true", I buy Barron's magazine when I'm in the USA, if you made 100% in 3 months, you'd be on the front cover. lol

I reckon even JB Murc would choke on that one.

The proof of the pudding's in the eating, show us the results and I'll believe you.

would be great to get a break down on 100% growth + 25% divi Daytr--- nearly always those numbers come with high amount of risk i.e CFD, futures ,Warrants one day 10% the next day down 20% etc If it's just been on the back of Day trading shares I would be impressed esp. if where talking million's of dollars invested
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    ouch, Monday is going to hurt for a lot of people! appears a sucker rally has just emerged. amazing what a few words with "taper" in them can do.

glad I sat this one out. never buy on a Friday when the market still has another day to play out while you wile away the weekend!
    Yep, Daytr's loaded up, won't be 100% return this 3 months, a massacre come Monday.

Down $50 in the last 24hrs.
    Last edited by Skol; 21-09-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Down $50 in the last 24hrs.
    you forgot to mention it went up $80 in the 24 hrs before that
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....