sharetrader
Page 544 of 871 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554594644 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Skol, actually didn't get hit on my bid on Friday so am 2/3rds invested. So please Skol, leave it to me state my position not your supposition. I said I was going to be patient on the last 3rd. So today have lowered my bid slightly. Suspect we will see correction today & that Friday was over zealous longs squaring up before the weekend. But gold does need to trade back above $1350 quickly to maintain a track higher, so will see.

In regards the returns on my portfolio Skol. I really don't care if you believe me or not & I'm certainly not publishing what I do to all & sundry.
    Yes you are, you're posting it here for all and sundry to read.

Skol, the main difference between me & you, is that if you made money be it in airline stocks or what ever I would congratulate you, however all you want to slate others. Yep I put out there what I do to a degree & obviously can't give away my strategy completely. What I am saying is I don't care if YOU believe me or not. Anyway I'm not going to waste my time trying to convert you & I'm sure we both have better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Skol , the main difference between me & you, is that if you made money be it in airline stocks or what ever I would congratulate you, however all you want to slate others.
    Yeh I agree Datyr , while it is important for everyone to express their view on a forum freely, for a long time there has existed a snide and quite ugly aspect to Skols postings . I've decided to set him on 'Ignore' from now on. Its not as if he even has any Precious Metals so seems to participate for all the wrong reasons.
    Last edited by peat; 23-09-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Yeh I agree Datyr , while it is important for everyone to express their view on a forum freely, for a long time there has existed a snide and quite ugly aspect to Skols postings . I've decided to set him on 'Ignore' from now on. Its not as if he even has any Precious Metals so seems to participate for all the wrong reasons.
    Help yourself, if you want 'ugly' look no further than goldbugs who love a bit of economic mayhem, war and carnage to further their cause and make a few dollars. Actually it's despicable and the reason I stopped posting on Hot Copper.

Goldbugs thrive on misery, but they've got it wrong, because the 1980 goldbugs are no longer goldbugs, they had a lesson they won't forget.

I started this thread because I believed gold was a bubble, I was right, choke on that peat. How about a nuclear war, how good would that be?
    Last edited by Skol; 23-09-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    *a moose walks by , shrugs its antlers and keeps on walking by*
    There are no moose in NZ.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9196...-be-camera-shy

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Help yourself, if you want 'ugly' look no further than goldbugs who love a bit of economic mayhem, war and carnage to further their cause and make a few dollars. Actually it's despicable and the reason I stopped posting on Hot Copper.

Goldbugs thrive on misery, but they've got it wrong, because the 1980 goldbugs are no longer goldbugs, they had a lesson they won't forget.

I started this thread because I believed gold was a bubble, I was right, choke on that peat. How about a nuclear war, how good would that be?
    Yeah yeah you called a bubble at 1000 gold went up near another 90% and is still 30% higher than your bubble ya you got it so right mate hahaha
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yeah yeah you called a bubble at 1000 gold went up near another 90% and is still 30% higher than your bubble ya you got it so right mate hahaha
    I got it right, suckers buy into a mania and it always gets out of control, now gold's returning to the mean, but it's got a long way south to go yet.

To get it correct, gold was $1,100 when I started this thread.
    Last edited by Skol; 23-09-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I got it right, suckers buy into a mania and it always gets out of control, now gold's returning to the mean, but it's got a long way south to go yet.

To get it correct, gold was $1,100 when I started this thread.
    As you started the very first post on this thread with-----
    "I've been having a debate on another thread with JBMurc on gold.Personally I think it's going to be a fizzer and we've seen the highs for the next few years."

Fact was we debated Gold's future on the Forex "GOLD Thread" and others when gold was sub 1000oz ...but as your getting on maybe you can recall that LOL
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

No end in sight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    The gold market is like any other market, there are always opportunities to be long and short. While you guys argue the semantics on when or if the US will default, my gold trade continues to add gains.

GDX entry $23.55, today $30.42 +29.2% in under 8 weeks.
    GDXJ entry $38.40, today $52.21 +36.0% in under 8 weeks.

Gold @ 1371 +9.7%

SPX @ 1633 +1.3%.

If gold closes below 1250, I will close my positions, currently:

GDX entry $23.55, today $25.12 +6.7% over 10 weeks.
    GDXJ entry $38.40, today $40.70 +6.0% over 10 weeks.

Gold @ 1276 +2.1%

SPX @ 1701 +5.6%
    Last edited by Silverlight; 24-09-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~