sharetrader
Page 545 of 872 FirstFirst ... 45445495535541542543544545546547548549555595645 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 8711

Thread: Gold

Love it Moosie! haha

We are all entitled to our opinions & for the most I enjoy Skol's posts as its good to have a contrarian on board. However what I don't like is putting blanket labels on people & misquoting others or stating what other's opinions or profits etc might be. Stick to your own opinions & I am happy to disagree or agree with that. Skol you started this when gold was under $1100 so you were wrong for a very long time & gold still hasn't got below where you said it was a bubble. It may do, or may not, if I knew that for sure I would be sponsoring an America's Cup syndicate. . Yesterday my portfolio was down slightly & today it has regained that & some. I have flicked from one stock (for a small profit) to one that has just found a gold anomaly 15kms in length! Check out Gold Juniors thread if you want more details.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    *a moose walks by , shrugs its antlers and keeps on walking by*

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Skol you started this when gold was under $1100
    I started this thread on 31/12/2009, so I'll have an apology please.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skol; 24-09-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Banned

As for my clients making them over 100% in the last three months, so they are very happy & I have paid out dividends of 25%!
    You and Charles Ponzi have something in common Daytr. lol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Carlo Pietro Giovanni Guglielmo Tebaldo Ponzi, (March 3, 1882 – January 18, 1949), commonly known as Charles Ponzi, was an Italian businessman and con artist in the U.S. and Canada. His aliases include Charles Ponci, Carlo and Charles P. Bianchi.[1] Born in Italy, he became known in the early 1920s as a swindler in North America for his money making scheme. Charles Ponzi promised clients a 50% profit within 45 days, or 100% profit within 90 days
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologise for what Skol? $20ish? You were wrong by $800 when gold peaked & you are still wrong over 3.5 years later by $200, perhaps it should be you who should apologise to everyone on here that may have listened to your rants & missed out on a massive opportunity. You just related me to Charles Ponzi & you are asking for an apology! You have to be kidding. I think you have spent far to much time in rarefied air Skol. Anyway you are still yet to be right as gold hasn't traded as low as when you started this thread. But no doubt you will keep banging on. Keep it up Skol I need a good laugh every now & then.

There is resistance at $1330USD that has been tested not once, twice or three times but now four. If it breaks through, I'm bullish. I'm holding a few, but my finger is on the trigger to accummulate more (implementing my "Buy on the way up, sell on the way down" strategy, which is easy enough to nod to but timeframes are of course a key factor).

As a short-term trader in 50% of my holdings, my timeframe is typically 3 months, and the technicals are starting to scream at me - "Buy!". Those with less appetite for risk may prefer to wait until the POG breaks $1350 or, if you are even more risk averse, $1375 (very firm resistance) but then I would say you'd suffer from paranoia and inertia. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be taking profits just under that level.

Happy sailing.
    BC
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 24-09-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Nice one Bobcat. I'm probably a bit more loaded up than I would like at this point, however I like the levels I have bought my stocks in at generally so not too concerned. Views from the banks seem to be all over the place on POG direction, so could be an interesting couple of weeks.

Banned

3 banks forecast lower gold prices.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell...-headed-south/

Banned

Apologise for what Skol? $20ish? You were wrong by $800 when gold peaked & you are still wrong over 3.5 years later by $200, perhaps it should be you who should apologise to everyone on here that may have listened to your rants & missed out on a massive opportunity.
    "a massive opportunity."

I'm not into putting my hard-earned cash into bubbles, manias or ponzi schemes. Investing Decoded described gold as the greatest scam on Earth, but no one will go to jail when it's all over.

I got thoroughly rubbished by this dude on Hot Copper a while back, a gold 'expert', who described me as a 'serial nuisance', but I noticed he's removed his gold (A & B) fund returns from his website, probably for obvious reasons.

http://www.goldoz.com.au/home.0.html
    Last edited by Skol; 24-09-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    "a massive opportunity."

I'm not into putting my hard-earned cash into bubbles, manias or ponzi schemes. Investing Decoded described gold as the greatest scam on Earth, but no one will go to jail when it's all over.
    But, isn't gold a type of investment? There is a very recent (several years long) strong correlation of the amount of foreign funds invested in US Treasuries (Bonds) with the US$ gold price. It's irrefutable. The Bond market worldwide is three times the size of the equities market. In USA, bonds are 65% of investments, stocks another 35% of the stocks and bonds investments total. Maybe that's what gold is all about. From CHFIR in Canada, an outfit that handles junior gold explorers.

"The price of gold is trading today at US$1,328.00 per ounce on the NYMEX. One year ago gold was trading at US$1,800.00 per ounce and the major sell-off has prompted a debate among analysts regarding the outlook for gold over the next two years. I have found a range in the price forecasts from a low price of US$1,000.00 to a high price of US$2,500.00 per ounce by the end of 2014. Our outlook has a gold price of US$1,550.00 per ounce by the end of this year and by the end of 2014 our outlook rises to US$1,750.00 per ounce .
    We expect that gold demand for jewellery in China and India will continue to increase over the next two years. While the US economy has improved there is still a large budget deficit and a huge trade deficit which will result in some Central Banks and sovereign funds buying gold as a substitute for the US dollar. We believe that the current bond purchases by the Federal Reserve in the long end of the bond market will be phased out in the next two years which will result in modestly higher long term interest rates. This will cause an outflow of capital from the long end of the bond market. In previous periods when capital has left the long end of the bond market the money has flowed to the short term bond market, the equity markets, and the commodity markets. One should remember that the size of the bond market is much larger than either the equity markets or the commodity markets. Thus a relatively small percentage of funds exiting the bond market can have a significant impact especially in the commodity markets. We expect that some money from the long term bond market will increase the demand for gold over the next two years.
    Our outlook for gold supply over the next two years is lower than some of the other gold industry forecasts. We continue to see labour shortages, power shortages, permitting problems, and rising economic nationalism in some jurisdictions which has resulted in the delay of some projects that were to begin in the next two years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    But, isn't gold a type of investment? There is a very recent (several years long) strong correlation of the amount of foreign funds invested in US Treasuries (Bonds) with the US$ gold price. It's irrefutable. The Bond market worldwide is three times the size of the equities market. In USA, bonds are 65% of investments, stocks another 35% of the stocks and bonds investments total. Maybe that's what gold is all about. From CHFIR in Canada, an outfit that handles junior gold explorers.
    Yes, gold is a type of investment, but US Treasuries are backed by the US govt., gold is backed by nothing. The Chinese Govt's buying record amounts of US Treasuries recently, there's got to be a good reason for that.

Well, it is shiny and gives owners a misguided feeling that it's the '5000 year store of value.'.

It has its place and I guess I own some gold shares, but only through a Natural Resources Fund, which incidentally hasn't done that well recently.
    Last edited by Skol; 24-09-2013 at 08:25 PM.