sharetrader
Page 598 of 873 FirstFirst ... 98498548588594595596597598599600601602608648698 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 8725

Thread: Gold

Banned

"The Secret World of Gold " scam. You've been hoodwinked JB, by a scamster. Gullible goldbugs.

http://www.kitco.com/news/2013-10-24...er-Summit.html

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    The usual load of bollocks, Adolf Hitler didn't invade Austria, Poland or Russia for gold, that and a few other treasures were incidental bonuses. He invaded for 'Lebensraum'.

and of course:

----

The long-running debate between the Gold-Anti Trust Action (GATA) committee and CPM Managing Director Jeff Christian over alleged manipulation of gold and silver prices may have escalated as Christian revealed Thursday that GATA may have failed to do its homework or been hoodwinked in researching the background of so-called metals trader Andrew Maguire.

During a talk to the Silver Summit in Spokane, Washington, Thursday, Christian revealed that Andrew Maguire--who has been frequently portrayed by GATA as a heroic, whistleblower metals trader with more than three decades of experience in metals trading-- actually has a background in auto sales and leasing

----

Goldbugs have been scammed by a car dealer.

Hahahahahaha.
    And what is your background Skol? Airlines?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    And what is your background Skol? Airlines?
    Correct!

What's that got to do with anything? I haven't been scammed like the goldbugs, I'm making money while the goldbugs are slowly going broke.

Maybe not that slowly, gold down about 25% this year. (XGD down 65%)
    Last edited by Skol; 02-12-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Did you buy into TRY last week sub-$1, Skol? If not, you may regret not doing so. IMO it will not be that low again, ever.

By the way, fellow goldbugs - we need to man up and admit that Skol was not entirely wrong with his assessments during last month's bear dominance of the market. He's no longer on my 'ignore' list - in fact he never really was, in fact I don't actually have an 'ignore' list.

Of course, now that the market has turned, Skol may want to soften or even reverse his long-standing position...we'll see if by the end of this week, he does so. Let's meanwhile enjoy today's lift in the prices of digger stocks on the ASX.

BC
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 02-12-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Did you buy into TRY last week sub-$1, Skol? If not, you may regret not doing so. IMO it will not be that low again, ever.

By the way, fellow goldbugs - we need to man up and admit that Skol was not entirely wrong with his assessments during last month's bear dominance of the market.

Of course, now that the market has turned, he may want to soften or even reverse that position...we'll see if by the end of this week, he does so. Let's meanwhile enjoy today's lift in the prices of digger stocks on the ASX.

BC
    The market has turned? Are you serious? I wouldn't touch anything gold, it's toxic, last stock I bought a few weeks back was QBE.

TRY? - you're trying to catch the falling knife like your unfortunate 'investment' in NCM.

I haven't just been right for last month, I've been right for years, and down she goes, right now.
    Last edited by Skol; 02-12-2013 at 12:25 PM.

TRY? - you're trying to catch the falling knife like your unfortunate 'investment' in NCM.
    I haven't just been right for last month, I've been right for years, and down she goes, right now.
    Your post are so acidic, Skol.

I put a stop loss on NCM at just under $10. It's up almost 4% today, and so it's again on my Watchlist.

TRY is a low cost producer which has IMO been oversold last month. Let's see what it's trading at this Friday. My guess is a few clicks north of $1.10 (i.e. up over 10% this week). Director Ken Nilsson bought 45k last week for $1.08, which is a good sign.

As for the price of Gold, it broke through the Bear's downward trendline last Friday. Don't be surprised if it lifts again tonight.

BC
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 02-12-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Yes technically, the Gold and NCM chart are still pointing south and the only factor that can save these markets will come from some unexpected event. I have been lightening up on both but still carry some exposure on NCM since I did the same on Lihir Gold for quite some time before they were bought out by NCM and markets just jump.
    Wise move on QBE, Im long at 1550 before it drop to low 14s at least now back to my buying price.If AUD would drop a bit more , that would be good for QBE.But I took quite a hit from NCM but I still would maintain a small exposure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Your post are so acidic, Skol.
    I will try not to be so acidic, I'm a reasonably direct person, probably years of dealing with rampers like Daytr and JB Murc.
    Last edited by Skol; 02-12-2013 at 02:49 PM.

BC, you play with a troll such as Skol then you can only expect to get acerbic comments in return. I have him on ignore because he is a waste of space. Anyone that only has one opinion on something will be right some of the time as gold like anything else will go up & it will go down. According to Skol, gold was a bubble when it was just over $1100 at the end of 2009. He may have thought it was in a bubble earlier, but I have no record of that. So he was long for a very long time & on that call is still yet to be right. But here I go again wasting time commenting on someone who adds no value at all. Did you know coffee is one of the only things we consume that has absolutely no nutritional value? Well at least coffee tastes good! haha

It will be interesting to see what NYK does tonight after traders have come back from tucking into their turkey & pumpkin pie. See NCM has had a nice jump, traded within 10 or cents of my target for a bottom of $7.50 on Friday. Still wouldn't touch it as think there is much better in juniors.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Correct!

What's that got to do with anything? I haven't been scammed like the goldbugs, I'm making money while the goldbugs are slowly going broke.

Maybe not that slowly, gold down about 25% this year. (XGD down 65%)
    Its got to do with alot of things because you have kind of set yourself up as the ''gold guru'' with your absolute (and maybe a bit patronizing) statements.
    If you look at my (and alot of other )posts you will see that I am not totally ''Pro'' Gold (or ''con'' gold )
    My thoughts on gold are a by product of the economy in general.
    There is not much love for gold ATM.
    I personally believe its because people are starting to talk themselves into the theory that the economy(s) are really on the mend (even though alot of the fundamentals are still looking scarey)--How can we really know until they take the patient off life support (QEs)
    In the meantime the parties still raging in terms of the share market and as long as that happens gold will studder along.
    But the over all picture is by no means sure footed enough to be making rash statements....IMO

PS-Can you get me a cheap air ticket?
    Last edited by skid; 02-12-2013 at 04:29 PM.