sharetrader
Page 627 of 872 FirstFirst ... 127527577617623624625626627628629630631637677727 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 8711

Thread: Gold

How quickly market pundits views change w.r.t. precious metals. Most are now getting a lot more bullish :

http://www.kitco.com/news/2014-01-17...Next-Week.html

I'm hoping that by now many others on ShareTrader have also loaded up their portfolios with precious metal stocks.

Looking this morning at a few local stock prices on the Toronto exchange:

OGC up 4%
    AQG/ASR up 7%
    TRY up 12% !

The contrarian in me feels that this sudden turnaround in favour will mean as prices spike next week it may well be time to unload a few!

Happy surfing.

BC
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

I must admit I flicked out of TRY for a 10% profit to get into RSG. Just wanted something with more production so to benefit more from a lift in the POG. Still think TRY can do well, I just have a feeling RSG will outperform.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I must admit I flicked out of TRY for a 10% profit to get into RSG. Just wanted something with more production so to benefit more from a lift in the POG. Still think TRY can do well, I just have a feeling RSG will outperform.
    Yep, I know the feeling and can sympathise. I did likewise with ALK - selling at the first spike to take profit earlier this week and free up funds for my purchase of RXL, and now it's already trading 7% higher than the price at which I sold it. Given ALK was your tip, I'm assuming that's one you're still holding (yes?).

There are a few ASX resource stocks jumping nicely this past week: PDN, OZL, NCM, BKY, NST, PRU, GRY, SOC, AQG, etc.

Remember however that last January saw a lift in PM prices before they fell away the next month and following. I've got one eye on the double resistance (previous top and downward trendline) sitting just under 1270USD, ready to sell down if that is not broken.

BC

Actually jumped out of ALK as well for 15%. Might look to get back in, but again saw what I thought were better opportunities. Still think both TRY & ALK will do well, but WAF at 12c was too good to ignore & RSG I think is compelling. RSG may also be on the radar for take over as reasonable sized production, tow mines to develop & a lot of gold in the ground. I could see a major coming in having a crack at them.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Banned

The next round of tapering must be due soon and by some accounts it could be significant. That and dwindling peak demand in china + ETF sales could mean bad news for goldbugs.

The gold demand chart for China is exponential, and we all know what happens to exponential charts.

Right JB?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skol; 19-01-2014 at 09:42 AM.

I have posted several time is the recent past that 2014 imo will be the year where we see higher gold & lower AUD... We could now be seeing the start of precisely that. A$ gold now @ A$1430.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I have posted several time is the recent past that 2014 imo will be the year where we see higher gold & lower AUD... We could now be seeing the start of precisely that. A$ gold now @ A$1430.

Yes should well be a massive turn round in fotunes for many ASX listed
    Gold companies we see the AUD stay round these levels and the USD gold price head
    Higher we could well see a record in AUD spot prices
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Isn't China supposed to be the next dominant world power?

Yeah right!!!

You think that these guys know something you don't perchance?

http://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/chi...162812972.html

ASX gold diggers looking good today - e.g. OGC and EVN up 8%, RSG 11%, PRU, KCN and TRY up 12%, and SLR a whopping 20%.

I've taken profit on only one of these. The rest I'm riding a bit further, anticipating some resistance on the POG sometime this week at around 1270USD (tonight?).

Don't you just luv it when a plan comes together.

Yep, nice day BC. Gold still needs to crack $1260 & hold for mine, but it is looking good at this point, so wouldn't be surprised to see it crack $1260 tonight. Be great to see the AUD continue to slide as well.