sharetrader
Page 633 of 874 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643683733 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 8733

Thread: Gold

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Actually Daytr I made some, but not a lot of money out of gold on the way up, I can always look up my trading book and let you know, but RDR and RSG ring a bell. Goldbugs have lost Schiffloads on the way down. You might think you're smarter than Ben Bernanke, but I can tell you for sure that you're not, and he says he hasn't a clue what drives the gold price.

But as one of teachers at school in the '60's used to tell the class, 'bullsh*t baffles brains'. lol

We dont know what Bernanke thinks--only what he wants us to think

Guru

Slightly more complicated for the stock market, those companies make real things and pay real dividends.
    Does'nt Matter--It can still be overvalued

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    We dont know what Bernanke thinks--only what he wants us to think
    I totally agree, skid. He's transparent and accountable not to the general public and not really even to Congress, but rather only to his bankster comrades (Goldman Sachs, Rockefeller, JP Morgan, etc)...who have been creaming it over the past few years...and paid him well to be a mouthpiece for their rhetoric and instrument for market manipulation.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    I totally agree, skid. He's transparent and accountable not to the general public and not really even to Congress, but rather only to his bankster comrades (Goldman Sachs, Rockefeller, JP Morgan, etc)...who have been creaming it over the past few years...and paid him well to be a mouthpiece for their rhetoric and instrument for market manipulation.
    More conspiracy theories, the lifeblood of the goldbug cult, because that's what it is. A cult, brainwashed suckers getting cleaned out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    What the...... You actually bought and made some money out of gold shares on the way up while at the same time you were ranting and raving about how bad Gold was???

Just when I think Ive heard it all
    That's right, but not a lot, a few grand, anyone with an ounce of common sense knew it was a bubble, so you don't want to stick with it for long, because you never when it's going to pop.

More conspiracy theories, the lifeblood of the goldbug cult, because that's what it is. A cult, brainwashed suckers getting cleaned out.
    Bernanke and his colleagues at the Fed are not Government servants, Skol - they act with authority granted them by congressional mandate but they are more dependent and reliant upon the blessing of their bankster friends than anyone else. Check out the fine print in their constitution.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Bernanke and his colleagues at the Fed are not Government servants, Skol - they act with authority granted them by congressional mandate but they are more dependent and reliant upon the blessing of their bankster friends than anyone else. Check out the fine print in their constitution.
    If Bernanke was in the pockets of large US Banks and it was proven it would be scandalous enough to bring down the govt. Goldbugs hate the Fed for some strange reason, they believe that the Fed is engineeering the price of gold, but they couldn't care less about it, the Fed wants to rescue the economy from the recession, avoid deflation and reduce unemployment.

All the gold the US owns would only pay 25% of the US defence budget for one year, it's neither here nor there.

Goldbugs think they're economists, but they're enthusiastic amateurs who think they know something. Unfortunately for many of them, it'll ensure that they end up in a financial bind. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Have a look at the web, all the way down from $1920 there's gold 'experts' telling us how the 'bottom's in' and smart money is buying gold. lol
    Last edited by Skol; 31-01-2014 at 07:30 PM.

If Bernanke was in the pockets of large US Banks and it was proven it would be scandalous enough to bring down the govt. Goldbugs hate the Fed for some strange reason, they believe that the Fed is engineeering the price of gold, but they couldn't care less about it, the Fed wants to rescue the economy from the recession, avoid deflation and reduce unemployment.
    Skol,

When I read posts like this I'm left wondering if you really believe that or if you're just winding us up.

I suggest you buy some credible books on the history of gold and the fed and try and read them with an open mind.
    Last edited by corran; 31-01-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by corran View Post
    Skol,

When I read posts like this I'm left wondering if you really believe that or if you're just winding us up.

I suggest you buy some credible books on the history of gold and the fed and try and read them with an open mind.
    Like what? Give me some examples, instead of reading these dumb, stupid, impossible, fictitious, idiot, moronic, conspiracy theories.

Conspiracy theories are open-ended, as much as you can prove them wrong, there's always an out for them.

How about this. A while back a goldbug CT told me that condensation trails are 'chemtrails'. They're caused by chemicals in jetfuel to brainwash us all. Being in the aviation industry, I pointed out that such chemicals would block the filters in the engine. The response was that the filters are CIA designed filters.

CT's think they're special because they've inside knowledge the rest of us haven't, it's a psycho problem, there's something going wrong between their ears.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The political scientist Michael Barkun, discussing the usage of this term in contemporary American culture, holds that a conspiracy theory is a belief which explains an event as the result of a secret plot by exceptionally powerful and cunning conspirators to achieve a malevolent end.[6][7] According to Barkun, the appeal of conspiracism is threefold: First, conspiracy theories claim to explain what institutional analysis cannot. They appear to make sense out of a world that is otherwise confusing. Second, they do so in an appealingly simple way, by dividing the world sharply between the forces of light, and the forces of darkness. They trace all evil back to a single source, the conspirators and their agents. Third, conspiracy theories are often presented as special, secret knowledge unknown or unappreciated by others. For conspiracy theorists, the masses are a brainwashed herd, while the conspiracy theorists in the know can congratulate themselves on penetrating the plotters' deceptions.[7]
    Last edited by Skol; 31-01-2014 at 07:29 PM.

there's no point - whatever I give you that doesn't gel with your main stream view of things you'll dismiss as "dumb, stupid, impossible"...

if you really want to learn, I'm sure you're capable of finding some sources for yourself.