sharetrader
Page 634 of 873 FirstFirst ... 134534584624630631632633634635636637638644684734 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,340 of 8725

Thread: Gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by corran View Post
    there's no point - whatever I give you that doesn't gel with your main stream view of things you'll dismiss as "dumb, stupid, impossible"...

if you really want to learn, I'm sure you're capable of finding some sources for yourself.
    That's right corran, you're ashamed to admit what you're reading here in case you're the object of ridicule.

Banned

there's no point - whatever I give you that doesn't gel with your main stream view of things you'll dismiss as "dumb, stupid, impossible"...

if you really want to learn, I'm sure you're capable of finding some sources for yourself.
    Let me guess corran, you're favourite author is Glenn Beck, one of the biggest gold scamsters of all time, responsible for losing heaps of people heaps of money, telling them about the great Armageddon that was supposed to have happened years ago. lol

I don't think the Fed manipulates gold, although they do have a history of fixing the price & confiscation. What the Fed does do is try & protect the dollar as the reserve currency of the world & as such that has a major impact on gold. Big Ben's bad plans are coming unstuck see post below I just put on HC. I actually feel for Ben as he will be the fall guy, however as I have said before I don't think the Fed had much choice due to the inertia of government policy with the Republicans blocking every move Obama has tried to make. I also think Obama needed to take stronger action in regards stimulating the economy & fixing regulatory flaws (read gaping holes). Greenspan imo has much more to blame for what is going on than Bernanke imo. I can't believe we fell for his gobblygoop. I remember seeing a doco on Greenspan & his following of Randism. I think if that was more widely known at the time he may not have had the same credibility. What a joke! I wonder what they will say about poor Benny?
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Post I put on HC bellow.

In 2014 gold is up circa 3% & the DOW for January was down 5.3%, S&P down 3.6% & NASDAQ down 1.7%, marking the worst monthly performance since May 2012.

As I have been saying for some time, bring on the Taper!
    The impact of tapering is being felt more in EM countries as this is where a lot of QE liquidity was funneled, following the growth stories.

I wonder how many Americans would like knowing that the great experiment of QE was being used by banks & corporations offshore rather than to actually stimulate the US economy or create jobs in the US.

This EM situation is getting very interesting to say the least. Hungary & Poland are also now creaking, joining the likes of Argentina, South Africa & Turkey.
    Who's next? Japan?

As I have said all along, bring on the taper as it will be negative for equity markets & good for gold & its only just started.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

I agree daytr massive wake up call coming to many ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Seattle Seahawks will win the Superbowl. 80% chance DJIA will increase by 10%+ in 2014.

Banned

Gold's had a good run for a while, but hit the upper channel and gone into reverse.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Skol,

So if Gold can break up through that resistance, does that bode well for an upward trend in the gold price?

As I type this Gold is up to approx $1260, what does it need to close at to break the resistance on your chart (I can't read the numbers on the axis).

thanks...

Banned

Hi Skol,

So if Gold can break up through that resistance, does that bode well for an upward trend in the gold price?

As I type this Gold is up to approx $1260, what does it need to close at to break the resistance on your chart (I can't read the numbers on the axis).

thanks...
    About 1275.

I see the US ISM was a shocker & DOW off another 1.5% & gold up about the same, the trend for 2014 continues. Only a few weeks ago the inventory managers report showed a large increase & the market anticipated this would translate into greater demand. Well actually, what it means is companies are stuck with higher levels of inventories. Expect this to translate into lower earnings for Q1.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...96S00E20140203