sharetrader
Page 638 of 871 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648688738 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tosspot View Post
    Because there are many other people willing to own it and pay more for it, not sure if your ignorant or just a super pessimist but its pretty clear gold is in a short term uptrend and obviously depending on short term future macro events should go higher.
    Yeah, you're right, millions of unsophisticated chinese peasants can't possibly be wrong.

I just posted this on HC & thought worth posting here for your consideration.

There seems to be a strong force in play protecting this $1275-80 area in gold. Timber (of HC) mentioned in a previous post that there may be a large option position in play that is being protected & I think he may well be on to something.

Option expiry for COMEX is tomorrow & it suggests to me this would be the expiry date as it would be too difficult to protect an option that had another or several months to run. However if its only for a few days & the position is big enough, its probably worth throwing ammo at to protect the strike price.

So if this theory is correct we should see the pressure released off gold as the option expires from memory at 9.30am NY time tomorrow.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

1275 broken

Yes, a nice spike to 1285 USD. Now just about everyone will be bullish on Gold...except for Skol of course.

Skol - did you buy TRY when I recommended it to you at 75c? You never replied.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Yes, a nice spike to 1285 USD. Now just about everyone will be bullish on Gold...except for Skol of course.

No I didn't, I have enough exposure to precious metals and natural resources through the BT Natural Resources fund, but very well done, good profit for you there. Gold is sitting at the top of a bearish price channel, it's more than likely going downwards. After Janet Yellen's had her fireside chat reality might set in.

I bought some QBE instead.
    Last edited by Skol; 11-02-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post

Yes TRY been bit like skol pic of 747 near 100% move north since skol was bagging the stock lol
    Last edited by JBmurc; 11-02-2014 at 08:41 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes TRY been bit like skol pic of 747 near 100% move north since skol was bagging the stock lol
    I don't recall bagging it. Did you buy it, or are you just big noting?

from a month or two back...

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post

TRY looks deader than a dead dingos donger, but thanks for the offer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by corran View Post
    from a month or two back...
    Hardly bagging it, is it? And I did say 'thank you'. I bought QBE for $10.57 instead.

Looks like the goldbug prediction of a rout in stocks is all hot air, gold going down, DJIA up.
    Last edited by Skol; 12-02-2014 at 03:47 AM.

Gold booming higher 1290 .. Has that gold short treating you blackcap
    Be yet another big day for PM stocks
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu