sharetrader
Page 647 of 874 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697747 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 8732

Thread: Gold

Yeah me to BC. I almost pulled the pin on a couple of buy orders, however I still think gold tests the 200 DMA at least. Mind you I think that will largely depend on how US equities perform tonight.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

I just posted this on HC in a response to a report that gold will target $1400 in 2014.

Gold will leave $1400 in the shade in 2014. The new bull market has only just begun & imo will gain momentum in the next few months.

Some of major catalysts for mine are listed below.

1) India will relax gold import duties around March/April due to looming election.
    2) US equity markets will falter & under perform. I'm not sure about a collapse, but a 20%+ correction is on the cards.
    3) There will be a major blow up in the Emerging Markets economies. Its only a matter of time.
    4) Western appetite for gold will turn net positive via ETFs & COMEX.
    5) The likes of Goldman Sachs will do a back flip on the POG forecast.

Nothing goes up in a straight line, however I am targeting $1550-1650 area for 2014.

All just my opinion of course!
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

im kicking myself for not selling TRY at 1.50, I had a target of 1.60 and never got hit, lost 15% and maybe more in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by tosspot View Post
    im kicking myself for not selling TRY at 1.50, I had a target of 1.60 and never got hit, lost 15% and maybe more in a few days
    Paper losses only, Tosspot. Don't sell now. I'll be buying later this afternoon, and for your sake make sure it's not yours I buy!

POG has re-entered its bull market. There's too much uncertainty and fear ahead of us this year (especially w.r.t. various derivative bubbles) for investors not to have an increasing number of Gold stocks in their/our portfolio.

Patience.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Banned

SPDR GLD Trust gold in trust down 6 tonnes.

TRY sellers took my bid this morning on opening. It's sp has now recovered to 128 (as I write this). I'm confident that this morning's low of 121 is a dip from which it will rise again over the next few days (or weeks?).

My bids on other PM stocks may get taken towards the end of the day as sellers get nervous about another drop in the POG overnight on the NYMEX.

Banned

As you can see there's a direct relationship between the gold price and GLD tonnage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    As you can see there's a direct relationship between the gold price and GLD tonnage.
    I notice you've left off your graph Nov '13 - Feb'14 where from mid December to mid January the POG was increasing but the SPDR Gold Trust was still selling. In my view, GLD tonnage lags behind the POG. It doesn't drive it, but is driven by it.

We need to use more suitable indicators if we are to anticipate and confirm trend reversals, momentum, etc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    I notice you've left off your graph Nov '13 - Feb'14 where from mid December to mid January the POG was increasing but the SPDR Gold Trust was still selling. In my view, GLD tonnage lags behind the POG. It doesn't drive it, but is driven by it.

We need to use more suitable indicators if we are to anticipate and confirm trend reversals, momentum, etc.
    I haven't deliberately left out the last couple of months, but if you can find a more recent chart please post it. It doesn't match it exactly, but you know what I mean, down she goes.
    Last edited by Skol; 20-02-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    ... you know what I mean, down she goes.
    Since the beginning of Feb, SPDR Gold Trust has actually increased its holdings a bit.

2nd Feb: 793 tonnes

Today: 795 tonnes.

We could well be in the middle of a pivot and reversal.