sharetrader
Page 688 of 871 FirstFirst ... 188588638678684685686687688689690691692698738788 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,880 of 8709

Thread: Gold

Banned

Daytr says:

"Gold should look at the $1350-60 area this week."

How's that one going Daytr?

They reckon there's only 2 types of forecasters; those that don't know, and those that don't know they don't know.
    Last edited by Skol; 17-04-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Banned

The only index down today. The XGD, down 73% from its peak.

SPDR Gold down 9 tonnes for the week.
    Last edited by Skol; 18-04-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post

Lower high BC...
    Yes but only by $3. And the 1294 close is still better than Wednesday's 1290 low. It's at the crossroads and could go either way. Interesting times. If the NASDAQ forms a head and shoulder pattern next week then guess which way Gold will go.

Still holding a few digger stocks, awaiting a rebound - OGC, TRY, AZS, RSG,, SLR, NTL.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

IMO, if it drops below 1290 and holds, the Bears are in control; if it breaks 1305 and holds, it's bullish.

Crossroads indeed. Trading accordingly. Resurrection Sunday will be followed by Gold either ascending (pour moi, that would be 'heavenly') or descending (more despairingly!). Signing off 'till then - enjoy the break.

Banned

The gold price on my iphone shows $1290, it dived $4 just before the market closed and about the same time as Russia and US/EU/Ukraine reached agreement.

Did you see this in Mary Holms's column in the Herald? There's sure some gullible suckers out there. Another get-rich-quick merchant.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I came across your website, www.maryholm.com, which is why I am reaching out to you because I respect you as an authority in the field of finance and investments.

You see six weeks ago I was reading one of your insightful articles about gold on your website and after reading that article I was introduced to a 12-week gold saving plan, and since that day I have been quietly taking a portion of my income and using this to buy gold.

I share this with you because six weeks ago, my life was in a different space to where it is today.

I am now an evangelist on a mission to share this 12-week plan with as many people, friends and family as I can, because I would like to see this message reach one million lives, and I hope their lives would be changed in the same way that mine and my family's have been changed.

This Gold Savings plan is not multi-level marketing ... All I have done is follow the four steps below in order, which is now earning me an income where I am still pinching myself each week I get paid. And thanks to my new income stream I now purchase my gold for free, and I have achieved this income within six weeks by simply following these four steps below in order:

Step 1: Register for your free Gold Savings account here (link given) and become KYC "Know Your Customer" certified.

Step 2: Attend the free Online 12-week Gold Saving Plan webinar.

Step 3: Purchase at the very minimum a silver business package for only US$323.

Step 4: Transfer a minimum of $65 paper money into your gold money account per week.

I don't want this to sound like another hype story, and your results may be different to mine. But if you or your customers follow the four steps in order and don't try to be smart you can't miss this goal.

In closing I want you to think about this quote from Warren Buffett, "someone somewhere is sitting under the shade of a tree because someone planted a seed a long time ago".

I am reaching out to you to offer you another point of view regarding gold as a saving plan, and if you have any investors looking for gold and you introduce them to the four steps above your potential income could be an easy 6-7 figures per year. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

My Warmest Regards to you, your team and family.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Except Warren Buffett spurns gold.
    Last edited by Skol; 19-04-2014 at 02:10 PM.

If anything I think the deal between Russia & the West on the Ukraine buys time for Russia. IMO the last thing the US wants is another war particularly in a place like the Ukraine & they would also be struggling to get unilateral international support unless the Russians made a mistake & invaded. Putin will play the long game & if he can win over time 'democratically' then that will be by far the best outcome as it would be hard for the West to challenge.

Either way in the short term gold may be vulnerable to further weakness. I suspect that the seller we saw last week push through large volume may return for another crack. $1275/80 area is key for mine.

I thought the article linked below gives a very balanced insight to US/Russian relations over the last 15 years or so. Its long, but worth the read imo.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A3H0OQ20140418
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

If anything I think the deal between Russia & the West on the Ukraine buys time for Russia. IMO the last thing the US wants is another war particularly in a place like the Ukraine & they would also be struggling to get unilateral international support unless the Russians made a mistake & invaded. Putin will play the long game & if he can win over time 'democratically' then that will be by far the best outcome as it would be hard for the West to challenge.

Either way in the short term gold may be vulnerable to further weakness. I suspect that the seller we saw last week push through large volume may return for another crack. $1275/80 area is key for mine.

I thought the article linked below gives a very balanced insight to US/Russian relations over the last 15 years or so. Its long, but worth the read imo.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A3H0OQ20140418
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Banned

Who says there's an unemployment problem? Goldbugs and doom merchants, but actually there's lots of jobs out there - if you want one. Where I live there's always jobs for labourers, digger operators and truck drivers, but you need to remember many of the unemployed are the unemployable; jailbirds, junkies or no-hopers, I've got a relative who's one, flatly refuses to work.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...hale-boom.html

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Skol, was that Holm post in the Herald? My God, talk about a pyramid/Ponzi scheme with a planted "satisfied customer" I've ever seen it! How the hell do you make an income off buying gold? Totally dodgy and should be reported...
    Yep, last Saturday's Herald, there's some scamsters out there.
    Probably this lot promising Rolex's and yacht cruises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iQSdjt85jM
    Last edited by Skol; 20-04-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Who says there's an unemployment problem? Goldbugs and doom merchants, but actually there's lots of jobs out there - if you want one. Where I live there's always jobs for labourers, digger operators and truck drivers, but you need to remember many of the unemployed are the unemployable; jailbirds, junkies or no-hopers, I've got a relative who's one, flatly refuses to work.
    But Skol, it's the labour participation rate that's most troubling. Many Americans have instead had to, reluctantly, take part time work, go back to college, become again a stay-at-home Mum (that one may not be a bad thing as far as what's best for the kids), illegally accept under the table arrangements, and otherwise leave the workforce. How can the USA recover if its GDP is not growing sufficient to cover its natural population growth let alone service its growing debt?

Short-answer : it cannot.
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 20-04-2014 at 05:17 PM.