sharetrader
Page 705 of 874 FirstFirst ... 205605655695701702703704705706707708709715755805 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 8733

Thread: Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I can't believe how much goldbugs love losing money, down 34% for the last 3 years while property and stock indices go through the roof.

Investor psychology's a tricky business I suppose. Each to their own.
    Well most investors don't just hold Gold bullion ....my investment in the sector in PM shares and some Silver bullion but the bulk of the money invested currently is in property also in a ASX potash explorer ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Yep exactly JB, I invest in gold equities, go figure! haha
    Again I say which equities are they referring? Is that including the companies that don't exist anymore? Is that including the likes of Enron?
    The beauty of stock indicies, is that if a stock doesn't perform its out of the index. So stock indicies as a whole over time should always perform, unless every company is tanking, like they did in 2008. So I say again, its not a valid comparison unless you are choosing to invest in gold rather than equities over a long period of time. There is a time to buy equities & there is a time to sell equities & the same can be said for gold, I also accept the insurance argument as a small percentage of your portfolio, i.e. you never sell. In 2011 I wrote a piece & recommended shorting gold & buying US property, I got laughed at by some at the time.... Now imo is a good time to be accumulating gold or gold stocks, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to short US equities although imo they are over valued, however markets can run a lot further than one can expect. I think if I did short US equities I would want to buy a Call option over the top as protection.
    Last edited by Daytr; 16-06-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Yes, it's no secret that getting timing right is half the battle.
    IMO, the time is right to be buying gold. When critical mass is stating the opposite, then it's time to take the contrarian view. Technically, at around 1230usd Gold touched a long term upward trendline and has not looked back...and yes, the increased probaility of (another) Iraq Sunni / Sh'ite war, this time to control Iraq, also boosts the fear factor in favour of gold.

I've also been buying into BEAR.asx on its dips below 1800. Again to help manage risk if and when equity markets take a plunge.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Banned

Looks like gold has failed the 1280 mark, now 1264. SPDR GLD down 5 tonnes.
    Last edited by Skol; 17-06-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Hows the BEAR treating ya BC? At least those PM producers will be more than making up for that eh?

*Sorry just had to!* Noah fence
    Bear.asx always drops away after the Fed Chairperson speaks, 'cause the Fed love to boost confidence in Equity markets by making out that economic improvement is just around the corner provided the Fed stays in control.

I expect it'll come back up again over 1800 next week sometime as people realise yet again that they've been hoodwinked by these Banksters.

...and yes, PM stocks are doing nicely today.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Looks like gold has failed the 1280 mark, now 1264. SPDR GLD down 5 tonnes.
    http://www.kitco.com/images/live/gol...48372342379386
    cks

Wow - a very bullish lift in the Price of Gold last night. Technical resistances at 1285usd and 1300usd now busted.

Banned

Probably a temporary phenomenon, doesn't appear to be a reason, meantime the goldbugs have missed out on one of the biggest runs in stocks in history, the MSCI World Stock Index hit a record high last night.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0EU14G20140619
    Last edited by Skol; 20-06-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Yes Silver boomed 4.5% higher overnight .. Triple bottom perfect timing to see a breakout of the sideways trading
    For 2014
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    WOW, someone triggered the short covering and buy stops, jeez! End of Financial Year clean up of the balance sheet?

http://www.kitco.com/news/2014-06-19...s-June-19.html
    No Moosie...you are the born again TA guy ...Read my previous 29th May last 2 month summary post #7436 and you will see why I said no to your question.

Added below is my 2 June post showing huge shorting starting to occur or so the media had us to believe..Did this actually happen or was it a big con job played out by the unmentioned analysts to accumulate (dip buying)..I did question who the analysts were that MarketWatch referred to at that time (see in my post below)..I got no response

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    June 2, 2014, 2:05 p.m. EDT

Gold futures end lower after ‘death cross’
    Analysts sees more losses ahead; short holdings at highest in 15 weeks

Usual media headlines...I wonder who the analysts are that Marketwatch refers to.
    Most investors still assume a bear market is operating and therefore expect big gains from a continued large falling of gold price to well below 1188...Bull calves offer disappointment to these shorters so lets see how this scenario pans out...A drop well below 1188 proves a cyclic bear cycle still operates...a rise off a shoulder support ~~1200 (H&S pattern) or primary support 1188 proves Phase1 Bull cycle is operating..

After this dramatic bearish headlines from Marketwatch..gold that day slowed the previous steep falls to losing only $6 for the day at close (1244) ..The very next day (3rd June) the 1240 bottom was put into place intraday and closed unchanged at 1244.....OUCH!!!!!!!....I smell a rat or a nest of rats

Today's POG rise (19th June) is seen as technical.... Part of the rise is the result of Shorters who just got their arses kicked and forced to cover their investment activity.

That is the problem of shorting when the gold cycle is in a cyclic Bear to Bull reversal period..Most investors are unaware or don't believe Gold has shifted into a Bull market cycle era and they will continue on using their bear market strategies (e,g Shorting) until the "penny drops" that their investing strategies isn't working as successfully now as it was these previous 2 years..These bull bear fights will continue but will diminish over time when it becomes more clear which animal is winning the most battles..as of todays big rise the bulls have just won this last round reinforcing once again my belief that a cyclic cycle reversal did occur after the (Xmas 2013) 1188 bottom..

A chart update to follow once today's $1320 eod price data is entered into the chart programme...From the old chart I can see the 1280 cover trigger but most of the steep buying action was around 1300 mark today...Hmmm....maybe if Marketwatch data is correct(quote..short holdings at highest in 15 weeks) maybe they couldn't all buy "out" at 1280ish trigger (1280 Resistance line)....bugger!!! that would've hurt
    Last edited by Hoop; 20-06-2014 at 10:45 AM.