sharetrader
Page 716 of 874 FirstFirst ... 216616666706712713714715716717718719720726766816 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,160 of 8733

Thread: Gold

Targeting OGC.nzx and a few asx PM stocks (TRY, PGI, BDR and EVN) to buy into at a good price before close of trading today.

Keep up the noise, Skol. If I thought your down ramping was influencing the market, I'd say "thanks for doing me a favour"...but I doubt that it is. Shorters can only run against the tide for so long before they are pushed backwards.

I'm picking a slow but sure recovery to trade up over 1310usd again by the weekend. Trading to it.

BC
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

BRICS are forming their own bank with total capital of $150bln, in a direct assault on USD supremacy. its small in the context of things but its a start that wont sit well with the US.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Also from a bank report I receive. Personally I would be a little more patient before going long just yet.

PreciousMetals:After reversing through 1334 we predicted a testof 1304, we just didn’t predict it would happen the same day. Gold sold offanother $15 overnight and the dollar rallied as Janet Yellen told lawmakersthat the U.S. economy is on a solid trajectory. The selloff has been a case ofclassic position liquidation. We can’t imagine anyone who bought last week’sbreak is still long. So with positioning much cleaner and a heck of a lot ofgold having changed hands from 1306-1310 (approx 9 million ounces worth offutures) we think risk/reward now favours long positioning.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    BRICS are forming their own bank with total capital of $150bln, in a direct assault on USD supremacy. its small in the context of things but its a start that wont sit well with the US.
    Daytr's a laugh a minute. $150bn. lol

The 2 largest hedge funds in the USA probably have that amount under management, let alone the entire US banking system. Hard to believe Daytr was an influential gold trader - according to him. Think he might be a little out of touch with the real world.

Janet Yellen's probably having a sleepless night. LOL
    Last edited by Skol; 16-07-2014 at 06:32 PM.

It was only a matter of time before someone launched a digital currency backed by gold. This sort of thing may give digital currencies some longevity. I see it really as just an ETF for retail.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FL2NB20140716

Exclamation

and then there's this interesting insight to explain the recent activity.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014...rrorism-comex/
    "The opposite of courage is conformity" - Rollo May

“Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.” - John F. Kennedy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pietrade View Post
    and then there's this interesting insight to explain the recent activity.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014...rrorism-comex/
    More goldbug conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    More goldbug conspiracy theories.
    Paul Roberts does have some decent credentials, Skol - including Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. Why are you so quick to write off his views? Is it merely because they don't line up with your own?
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

I don't really buy it BC, in my days in banking I didn't see banks take these sort of positions in gold, too big for their risk appetite in a reasonably illiquid market, I also don't buy into the tie to the Fed or US gov't. I think gold can do well without the need for conspiracy theories. IMO the activity is far more likely to be that of hedge funds as that is what they are known for & I have seen & executed large orders for them trying to shunt the market. The banks that execute the trade may very well piggy back their own positions, creating even larger volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    It was only a matter of time before someone launched a digital currency backed by gold. This sort of thing may give digital currencies some longevity. I see it really as just an ETF for retail.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FL2NB20140716
    Each coin being worth 0.00000035oz (3.5oz gold, 10m coins) - at current spot price $1304/oz gold, each coin currently worth USD$0.0004564. What a waste of time lol.
    Along with the hundreds of 'scrypt' / alternate coins to bitcoin, don't see the point of creating another one - especially that number of coins backed by such a small amount of gold.