sharetrader
Page 740 of 871 FirstFirst ... 240640690730736737738739740741742743744750790840 ... LastLast
Results 7,391 to 7,400 of 8708

Thread: Gold

Yes you do get the feeling another GFC is just round the corner .....early 2015 ?? ...Japan the igniter

Gold Silver smashing running out of steam ...one of the few sectors thats bumping on the bottom while you look at recent Billion dollar IPO's.... tech , Banking , yield plays running at very high values ...property also breaking records how much longer will the trend run for
    it never lasts ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

I don't think so, it's all good, plenty of jobs, new car sales, retail sales, construction, US recovery, property, beef price, farming doing OK, nothing's ever perfect but it's pretty good compared with a few years ago, and the GFC wasn't a real depression anyway, the Mrs. used to tell me if there's a GFC why are the aircraft, hotels, restaurants, shops and cafes still full?

Not only in NZ either.

There's lots more gold and silver smashing just around the corner.

I spent a lot of time in Japan during the worst of their asset crash, and I didn't notice much difference from the good old days when Japan was buying America, life goes on.

Japs bought heaps of property in the USA for astronomic prices, yanks were happy to sell it to them, they bought it all back at a fraction of the price, just as they're selling gold to chinese suckers now, if they want it back they'll buy it for a fraction of the price in a few years time.

BTW gold is not a currency, even if Greenspan says it is, he's wrong. He's nearly 89, past his use-by-date.
    Last edited by Skol; 18-11-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Gold looks likely to break $1200 ... USD .....$1374..AUD
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Not a bad comeback. Need to see a break of lower highs though, otherwise it's back down the ladder we go.

Banned

Hey Skol, your favourite human is still calling for the gold rocketship even after 3 years of massive declines. Think he bought a North Korean dud rather than a trusty Saturn V?

http://www.kitco.com/news/video/show...--Peter-Schiff

Banned

It's all a load of Schiff, he's been banging on for years, like a broken record. I watched him get torn to shreds the other day on CNBC, what a laugh.

He says Putin's smart for buying gold. If Putin's so smart how come the rouble's crashing, the economy's imploding? His military adventures and MH17 have made him an international pariah, all standard dictator stuff.

Nothing's perfect, but the world's doing OK, Russia's the place that going to be in the schiff, gold's way overpriced, no one actually knows how much it's worth anyway, Dow will keep going for a while yet.
    Last edited by Skol; 20-11-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    It's all a load of Schiff, he's been banging on for years, like a broken record. I watched him get torn to shreds the other day on CNBC, what a laugh.
    Link???

Banned

See if I can find it, was a few days ago, a real shouting match.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102129187

Hahaha
    Last edited by Skol; 20-11-2014 at 08:44 AM.

You guys do understand a lower currency is very good for ones exporters and ones internal economy as imports become more expensive ....I read one in seven Germany jobs are being directly affected by the wests intervention on Russia ...overall it's hurting Europe as a whole ..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ne-europe-news

fact is out of all of the major economies the USA is the least affected by the embago ,....funny that
    Last edited by JBmurc; 20-11-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Gold closed out the week looking strong & in the face of a weaker Euro. $1200 now seemingly not a barrier, plenty of news in regards CBs buying & repatriating gold & demand seems strong, whilst the market will be wary of shorting as recently been stung. Gold this time last year put on over $200 in a short amount time so will be interesting if there could be a repeat on the cards. Gold stocks that have been sold down hard should have a good bounce Monday. ;-) Negatives to watch out for, Swiss vote, pretty much expected to fail anyway & India may tweak gold import rules. Euro & JPY weakness, although I'm not sure the US will like this sharp appreciation of the dollar
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.